• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin vs Childress, who's better?

exodus

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I think they are two different players and bring two different elements to the team.

I agree. That is why I voted equal.

We may miss Marvin's consistent shooting a little more then Chills' high energy play when push comes to shove. (We have West as a energy player to some what cover Chills' absence).

If someone could pull up similar polls from before this season it might be a good example of how Marvin's play this season has improved drastically in most fans' eyes.

There should be some "who should start", or possibly even "who's better" polls back there.

I'm not a veteran at the search function on the site.

Quote:

If someone could pull up similar polls from before this season it might be a good example of how Marvin's play this season has improved drastically in most fans' eyes.

There should be some "who should start", or possibly even "who's better" polls back there.

I'm not a veteran at the search function on the site.

I don't remember any polls like that. I think Diesel was the

only one in preseason saying Chill should start.

• Moderators

Quote:

What he is trying to make you Ninkumpoofs comprehend is that Chill would average more if he gets Marvins slot.

Is this because he would get more minutes? I am not sure exactly what you are referencing here.

They are both good players. Solid on offense and doing pretty well on defense as well. I voted = because they pretty much are. I wish they could both stay healthy all year. Both usually get judged by who was taken in the draft after they were instead of what they do for the Hawks. Chills I believe is already on the same level of the two forwrds we " missed on". Marv is on way to being right there with the guys taken after him however since they dont play anthing close to the same position I dont think we will ever have an accurate comparison.

Quote:

Not exactly.

Nor did I say that Chillz was better.

I said that they are both role players... HENCE they are equal.

Diesel, you clearly believed that childress was better and deserved to start over Marvin before this season.

Now they're equal?

So clearly you've subconciously been appreciating Marvin's improvement, but you're unwilling to face the reality on the surface.

Your condition grows more and more mysterious, and potentially dangerous, by the day.

• Premium Member

Before the season he did. Before the season, I certainly felt like Chillz was being slighted by this "off the bench" player crap.

Marvin improved (thank god) but not to the point that he's better than Chillz.

Sheed you want us to give overwhelming credit for Marvin improving. However, let's just give him the credit he's due. He has improved, but he's still a role player. He still waits for people to call his number. He still can't carry a team.

Now... Since you want to look back.

Seeing that there are some who say that Chillz and Marvin are equal now..

Will you admit that earlier this year (before the improvement) that Chillz was the better player?

AND

That you an many other hid behind Chillz being 6th man as reason to not call him outright better?

Chillz was never better than Marvin coming into the season. Most people knew Marvin had the better upside but many here thought they were a wash. But, most on here were highly hopeful that year 3 was Marvin's breakthrough and right now that looks accurate.

Chill just isn't that good and was a big mistake. He is a career role player. A nice piece off the bench. BK has certainly made some major mistakes.

• Premium Member

"better upside" is good for 34 minutes on the court and starter label...

Even when you suck.

Marvin is still not better.

You can't prove it... You can only poll the Marvin fans and try to get them on your side.

If you go by Way of Stats, Chillz may be better.

IF you go by way of who plays both sides of the court... Chillz.

IF you go by way of who hustles the most... Chillz.

Marvin is actually a standstill midrange shooter. Period.

It's sad that he has only shot 3 3pters this season and we are prolly the worst three point shooting team in the game.

I believe that given the minutes, Chillz can outrebound Marvin if he's not doing so already..

I think you'd do better saying "Well, Chillz play better off the bench" Whatever the hell that means..