• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if the new coach is.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Alex English?

English has been rumored to be ready for an NBA position. I think he might get an interview from Washington (before they select E. Jordan). English has been learning the craft but the real question is are guys like English and Mahorn a better choice than Stotts?

Del Harris.

This guy is the dark horse. BUt there is some since to picking him. #1. Del Harris is a very highly respected Assistant in Dallas. Dallas is the place where McDavid was Minority owner before. Instead of calling Dunleavy, McDavid might save a few dollars and take Harris. ONe thing that Harris brings is a very uncanty resemblance to Leslie Nielson... Just kidding. NO, He is a guy who knows the game. He coached the Milwaukee Bucks after Nellie and before Dunleavy. He held up a pretty good record. He coached those Lakers and held up a good record. His problem has been winning in the playoffs. He couldn't motivate babies to play harder. He coached Houston from 1979-1983... There he had his worst season ever... But he has only had 1 losing season?

Harris has 556 career victories to rank among the top 20 of NBA coaches.

That's not a bad resume'... However, I also know he's very very good friends with Nellie (who gave him his first shot at coaching) and probably would be hard pressed to leave Dallas unless Nellie leaves.. which is possible.

• Admin

I mean the purpose of moving away from Stotts is to get an established coach. Stotts did a good job in the half season he had last year, especially considering the mis-matched lineup he was given to work with. If we can't get a proven winner we should stay with what we've got.

Del Harris wouldn't be a bad pick, he has pedigree.

• Premium Member

Harris is kinda growing on me. I believe that he does have the experience. I think he can work withour talent. The only thing is that I think he was the lead candidate for Cleveland and he turned it down to stay with his friend Nellie.

What ambitious Coach would turn down a chance to work with:

Labron James, Darius Miles, Big Z, Boozer, Mihm, and those other young players in cleveland and stay in Nellie's shawdow. Not to mention that Cleveland will make some big trades soon.

• Admin

one thing about Harris and head coaching. The last time I saw him running a team, he didn't look very good. I think the stress of being a head coach had worn him down. I'm not so sure he wants to go back to that. Sure every assistant wants to be a head coach. But Del has been there and done that. Maybe he's doing what is best for his health?

Besides, that cleveland job is going to test the patience of its coach for a while, if not indefinitely.

I would be estatic if Alex English was named Head Coach and Rick Mahorn was his assistant. Mahorn told me the reason he left was in truth because he was tired of watching Kruger run the team into the ground and he told him just what he thought of Kruger. I wont qoute him because he didnt tell me for me to run off on the internet with it. But in my words I say this Mahorn - NBA career, Championships, Respect. Kruger - Ran the Florida basketball program into the ground, Losingest coach in NBA history, general all around Shmoe.

Dell Harris is a old scrub who knows nothing about the game of basketball. And if you disagree PLEASE TELL ME WHY IF HE IS SO GOOD THEN WHY IS HE OUT OF WORK. I HATE IDIOT COACHES, BRING IN SAM WEISS, LON KRUGER, and STOTTS IF YOU WANT TO GO THE DELL HARRIS PATH.

One thing to remember is to get a coach that is not a retread who doesn't have the ability to communicate with today's player. Look at Magic johnson and a few of the other coaches who failed.They could not deal with the work ethic of today's players.Back in the day of Magic,Bird,Jordan these players lived and breathed basketball. I think a youger coach is needed.Alex English would be a good choice! Just think of how many assistant coaches never get an opportunity and retreads are always hired.

I also think Dominque Wilikins needs a position with the new regime. Every club needs an ambassador or important position for a player who means alot to the franchise.Right now the Hawks have no image except a losing tradition.

The draft is around the corner so I assume things will be up in the air by then which means who do the hawk's draft. This is an important pick even though it is in the later first round. I do not by the fact that all the good players are gone at this point in the draft. Good teams find ways to get talented players. It is hard to have faith in this team since looking at there past track record in drafts it is pitiful.I wish the ownership issue would hurry up and get done.