• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Playoff matchups for the Hawks...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I know it's early, but if we were to talk playoffs...

It would be

Boston

Detroit

Orlando

Toronto

Indiana

Washington

Atlanta

Cleveland

I think the best place for us is to matched up with Orlando in the first round... and somehow linked up to Boston in the 2nd round.

Right now, Most Playoff teams are danger to us.

I don't like our matchup with Detroit or Toronto..

And until we can crack the Washington Wizards, I would rather not have a series with them.

I want us to do the best we can...

However, if we can get on path to play, Orlando then Detroit...

we may go 3rd round of the playoffs... I just think for us to play Detroit, we would need to find a way to match their physicalness.

Quote:

I know it's early, but if we were to talk playoffs...

It would be

Boston

Detroit

Orlando

Toronto

Indiana

Washington

Atlanta

Cleveland

I think the best place for us is to matched up with Orlando in the first round... and somehow linked up to Boston in the 2nd round.

Right now, Most Playoff teams are danger to us.

I don't like our matchup with Detroit or Toronto..

And until we can crack the Washington Wizards, I would rather not have a series with them.

I want us to do the best we can...

However, if we can get on path to play, Orlando then Detroit...

we may go 3rd round of the playoffs... I just think for us to play Detroit, we would need to find a way to match their physicalness.

Orlando is on their descend, look at them at 7 or 8. Hawks look like a 5-7 seed right now.

I think the Hawks just need to keep on playing the way they've played the past few games and we'll be okay vs. any team...

I thought we didn't really have any long droughts of scoring and we consistently fought back when they got close or got the lead...

when that happens and we continue to play defense and move around and share and play as a team on offense...then I think that we can beat any team in the NBA...

• Premium Member

It doesn't matter where they end up really... as long as we can get them in the first round...

I think our plan to have JJ guard Nelson really disrupts their offense. Plus we have 24 fouls to lay on Howard.

Offensively, Orlando can do nothing to stop JJ! They can't even slow him down!

Of Detroit, Boston, Orlando, and Toronto, Orlando is easily our best matchup.

After that, I'd take Boston... however, that's not likely...

Waaaaay too early to talk playoffs with a team like this. But, it is fun, so here goes.

Orlando or Toronto are the match-ups for us. I dont care how we have played them in the past, I watch almost every Raptors game (up here in Canada), and we CAN play them, trust me. Horford/Smoove can be more effective on Bosh than most, and we can defend their perimeter attack. It's their PGs that always worry me... so Acie/AJ are key.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't say that either.

I think Boston is definitely the strongest team in the game. They're not very deep. Doc is doing a Smart thing... He's playing young guys a lot more than you would think... He's letting them get Chemistry with his stars...(it also rests his stars). I felt however that last night was one of those statement games. Doc coached it kinda regular... I would have let my Stars just dominate... Send the message that we are the best and won't be beat... At least that way, they would have a strong psychological advantage.

Sorta like the Bulls... when they put out their best teams, they came out trying to bury their opponents early to build up the psychological advantage. By the time the second half of the season rolled around, the Bulls had everybody scared!

Well even by the end of the year Detroit will still have the playoff experience advange, and with more depth they should be able to overcome Boston. I'd give Flip the edge in coaching. The biggest difference is KG vs. Sheed. It's ashame for Detroit side that Sheed will not play in the post enough. Billups is also a big factor. If he plays really well, it will be hard for Boston to beat them.

As good as the big three are... They haven't really went far in the playoffs. That makes me wonder about them.

The only teams I'm scared of are Boston and Detroit, I don't see us beating them at all. But any other team, we have a great chance at an upset. We have talent across the board, it's tough to choose who they should shut down. If JJ is doubled, he's a great passer/ballhandler and can get other guys involved. I just hope we don't get Boston or Detroit. But of course that's assuming we make the playoffs, we still have a long way to go.