• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you give up JJ for Andrew Bynum?

Plainview1981

I would give up anyone on our team for him. The problem is, they will trade Kobe before they will trade Bynum now. They know what they have.

A little "hindsight is 20/20" piece. Bynum went 10th in the same draft that Marvin was taken. We could have traded the #2 pick to Charlotte for the #5 and #13, and taken Bynum and Danny Granger. The trouble is, picking unproven big men in the draft is about the riskiest move you can make. They more then likely will be a bust, but if you pick a winner, it is a ticket to a future championship (probably).

you have to remember that LA has the best big man coach in the league in kareem abdul-jabbar. it's taken him three years of work to get him this good. i don't think he would have been as good if we had drafted him. it's not like we've done a good job with developing bigs (solomon, bautista). what we are good at is getting the most out of swingmen.

Quote:

you have to remember that LA has the best big man coach in the league in kareem abdul-jabbar. it's taken him three years of work to get him this good. i don't think he would have been as good if we had drafted him. it's not like we've done a good job with developing bigs (solomon, bautista). what we are good at is getting the most out of swingmen.

He also took Kobe's words last summer to heart and now is doing everything possible to prove to Kobe that he belongs there.

Quote:

I would give up anyone on our team for him. The problem is, they will trade Kobe before they will trade Bynum now. They know what they have.

A little "hindsight is 20/20" piece. Bynum went 10th in the same draft that Marvin was taken. We could have traded the #2 pick to Charlotte for the #5 and #13, and taken Bynum and Danny Granger. The trouble is, picking unproven big men in the draft is about the riskiest move you can make. They more then likely will be a bust, but if you pick a winner, it is a ticket to a future championship (probably).

and if this was done there would have been a million post about how we should've done this or that and how Bynum is a bust. Truth is he's just now growing into manhood. I would stick with our team given we are jelling.

Quote:

it's not like we've done a good job with developing bigs (solomon, bautista). what we are good at is getting the most out of swingmen.

You can guage our team's big man development when the sample is a player no longer in the NBA, and a 2nd round pick.

Quote:

Quote:

it's not like we've done a good job with developing bigs (solomon, bautista). what we are good at is getting the most out of swingmen.

You can't guage our team's big man development when the sample is a player no longer in the NBA, and a 2nd round pick.

Meant to write "can't" instead of 'can'.

Quote:

al horford is adv. 1 less point and 1 less rebound in his his first two months. lets see our on big man can grow into before you break up the band.

Al Horford isn't 7 foot AND GOOD. Actually, Al's rebounds have been dropping off. AL is a PF and Bynum looks to be a legit center. Good PF's are a dime a dozen while a legit center isn't easy to get.

Al is getting better and better... But a legit 7 foot center he will never be.