• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

11-5 in last 16 games

Plainview1981

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=atl

Pretty impressive. And we got to remember that two of those losses were to Detroit. The only really bad loss was to Chicago. It wasn't expected the team would win that Toronto game. Hope they beat Indy because Dallas is an almost sure loss the way they're playing right now.

The only downside is the Hawks haven't beat a really good team in this stretch. Which is probably a sign that the Hawks will not continue to win at this pace.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The only downside is the Hawks haven't beat a really good team in this stretch. Which is probably a sign that the Hawks will not continue to win at this pace.

Sounds like you don't consider Orlando a really good team! But of course, the board has grown use to your negative spin on everything about the Hawks!

Quote:

That may actually be an good thing. The Hawks are not a great team but good teams beat the teams they're supposed to beat and either the great teams take them lightly or they happen to get hot that night. We've already beaten Dallas once this year so I have reservations about us beating them again. Otherwise I fell good about the Hawks chances to continue .500 ball.

Quote:

Quote:

...Sounds like you don't consider Orlando a really good team!...

Yeah PB...Orlando and the Wizards are quality teams. Anytime you win on the road in the NBA it's a quality win. IMO.

Very true about the road games. However, I don't think Orlando is any good at all. Listening to Van Gundy talk about their attitude, he seems to agree.

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like you don't consider Orlando a really good team! But of course, the board has grown use to your negative spin on everything about the Hawks!

Much like Utah they have been headed downhill. They were a favorite of mine going into the season, but they don't look so good the last little while. yes of course I've grown used to your inability to look at reality.

Quote:

Quote:

yes of course I've grown used to your inability to look at reality.

Dude you have been wrong about everything this year!! And you have the nerve to talk about reality? talktohand.gif

I really [censored] up in thinking Houston would be good. But I didn't figured they would be this bad. They did win a decent number of games last year. It looked like Orlando was going to back me up for a while. I predicted that Miami would suck.. I was wrong about CHicago, but I don't believe many expected them to have the kind of season they have had so far. I predicted the Nets, Hawks, and Wizards to fight for the last 2 or 3 playoff spots.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....p;fpart=#251133

When you look at the Hawks record... They should be fighting for 7th or 8th seed. I didn't know the east would be downright awful. So sue me.

The Nuggets are doing pretty much what I expected.

Yes, I've been wrong about a lot of things this year, but it's been a fairly unpredictable season so far. I doubt many expected Houston and Chicago go stink it up this bad.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think Orlando is any good at all.

Who is good then? Seems like every team the Hawks beat somehow get downgraded by our fans. I guess the only good teams left are Boston, Detroit and San Antonio until the Hawks beat one of them.

Chill with the overraction, bird. I have no idea what you are talking about. I do know that I went to two Orlando games last year. The beginning of the year we beat them soundly. The last game of the year we dropped 45 on them in one qtr. They sucked then and they suck now. Howard is a tough matchup and Rashard gives them a new element, but they don't scare me one bit.

Quote:

I guess the only good teams left are Boston, Detroit and San Antonio

You guess right. The NBA is not what it used to be. Orlando had a losing record last year and made the playoffs. And now they are supposed to be a top team? Just because of Rashard Lewis? I alluded to the comments that Van Gundy made recently. He said that they were selfish and not a "team". So, by their coaches own definition they are not a good team.

Quote:

Portland is shocking alot of people. Yeah, they have a bunch of young talent, but they're the youngest team in the league if I'm not mistaken.

They are the 3rd youngest team in NBA history I've heard.

So I assume that means they are the youngest in the league considering the 2 Hawks teams were the youngest and 2nd youngest a few years ago