• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would we be complete if...

Diesel

• Premium Member

We traded AJ, Lo, Lue for Andre Miller.

We're only a .500 team right now... Would that move be the coup de grace for us?

My thoughts is that we would need a shooter. I suggest we follow that move with Marvin/Zaza for Mike Miller.

Miller, Johnson, Miller, Smoove Horf...

Quote:

Which trade..

Expiring contracts for A. Miller..

or

Marvin/Zaza for M. Miller?

The A. Miller trade of course.

I'm not big on the Marvin for Mike Miller talk. I'm sure the Grizz would love it though.

Either way.....its Miller time. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I would love a shooter of the bench (Jarvis Hayse would have been nice but of course Joe Dumars knew this too). Some one with a good set shot who can catch and shoot. The problem with Salim is that he is better at shooting off the dribble then he is at shooting set shots with the catch and shoot stroke making him much less effective as a floor spreader in the half court.

Marvin is essentially the backup at the 4 when Smoove gets in foul trouble. Take him away, but add M. Miller, and you're now depending on Shelden or Solo to play and produce night in and night out.

LOL . . and you're trading 2 of our bigs, just to get a shooter, especially seeing that Marvin is essentially a shooter as well? It's just no logic in that.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I really like Mike Miller and I think he would be a great addition to this team. HOWEVER, trading Marvin for that would be cookoo's nest material..

if you were talking about trading some expirings for him and zaza then i'm listening.

I think the problem is people don't see how pathetic we are at shooting 3 pt shots.

We are dead last in 3 pt %. We have made just 128 3pters, Mike Miller has made 80 3 pters.

For all this talk about Marvin being a shooter, his shooting powers does not open the floor. Teams know that the way to beat us is to play a zone because we can't shoot over it!

I would love to trade our expiring contracts for Andre Miller, as long as it didn't interfere with our ability to resign the Joshes this summer. I'd also be willing to throw in someone like Zaza if necessary.

PG: Andre Miller / Acie Law

SG: Joe Johnson / Josh Childress

SF: Marvin Williams / Josh Childress

PF: Josh Smith / Shelden Williams

CR: Al Horford / Zaza Pachulia

That team looks like a lock for the playoffs to me if we could stay healthy, although we would need to find a way to get some shooting. I've read that Miller actually isn't that bad of a jumpshooter, it's just that he doesn't have range out to the three-point line.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would love to trade our expiring contracts for Andre Miller, as long as it didn't interfere with our ability to resign the Joshes this summer. I'd also be willing to throw in someone like Zaza if necessary.

PG: Andre Miller / Acie Law

SG: Joe Johnson / Josh Childress

SF: Marvin Williams / Josh Childress

PF: Josh Smith / Shelden Williams

CR: Al Horford / Zaza Pachulia

That team looks like a lock for the playoffs to me if we could stay healthy, although we would need to find a way to get some shooting. I've read that Miller actually isn't that bad of a jumpshooter, it's just that he doesn't have range out to the three-point line.

I think what may be required is that we find another trade for an ending contract (like Zaza/Shelden to _________ for ending contracts.)...

It's hard to do however.

Quote:

Jason Kapono would be someone we should look at. Hes not doing so hot up in Toronto right now, but Im sure a trade could get him going. Id also love to have JJ Redick, who I know can fill up the stat sheet with points if he would only get a shot somewhere.

I agree on Reddick.

A Reddick /2nd rounder for Shelden swap may be in order.

I know you normally don't trade bigs for guards but this would better balance the team.

At this point I don't care that Shelden was a #5 pick and Redick was #16 (or whatever he was). That is in the past. That trade balances out our roster with the pure catch and shoot player we are lacking.

Miller is not a starting material on a team that wants to make the playoffs. He can not play any D at all. He would be a great player of the bench for us though. He is also a really good friend of Joe, which means Joe would proably pass him the ball every time he gets doubled for an open shot.

I would not trade him for Marvin though, Chill would be perfect however. Chill doens't bring anything extra other than energy, we can just play Mario more and Miller to be the main player of the bench. Marvin guards the best offensive players on opposing teams.(Melo, Lebron Deng etc). He contests every single shot, that's the reason these guys don't score 40 or 50+ on us like Lebron did to Memphis last night. Miller was guarding him on few plays and he was terrible.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Jason Kapono would be someone we should look at. Hes not doing so hot up in Toronto right now, but Im sure a trade could get him going. Id also love to have JJ Redick, who I know can fill up the stat sheet with points if he would only get a shot somewhere.

First and foremost, Toronto is not giving up Kapona?

Quote:

Ford's injury shows other side effects

MICHAEL GRANGE

BASKETBALL REPORTER

Jason Kapono prides himself on his consistency. He works on getting the same shots, the same way, game after game.The results are evident. He's second in the NBA in three-point shooting percentage again this season, converting 51.1 per cent of his chances, and recently took over as the career leader in three-point efficiency, knocking down 46.7 per cent for his career, surpassing Steve Kerr.

Secondly, JJ Redick is undersized. Play Salim why don't you....

Quote:

Secondly, JJ Redick is undersized. Play Salim why don't you....

Salim can score when he is given the ball and can create pff the dribble but that is not what is missing from the team. We have several guys who that just fine.

Redick is a pure catch and shoot player, that is what we are missing.

Salim likes to dribble and step into his shot. That is not what a pure shooter is.

We need a guy who can spread the floor by spacing out and knocking down set 3 point jump shot off of catch and shoot passes. This is Redick's game.