• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Blazers Diesel's take.

Diesel

• Premium Member

This sucks...

We should have won this one.

OK, I'm going to say it and I don't care who disagrees..

Trade Marvin and Lue NOW...

Lue = Defensive Liability. Sure he hits some threes.. However, what good is hitting threes when the other team just goes at you... you don't try for long rebounds... They score on you at will...

Marvin = Disappearing Act. I love JJ. Should JJ have to carry this team all by himself. Aside from JJ, we have Smoove ball hogging when JJ has the hot hand... then we have unagressive Marvin doing nothing.

Somebody make the deal...

Marvin and Lue for Chris Wilcox and Sene...

At least that way, we'd have some inside presence. Speaking of which... I like the fact that it turned into JOE vs. ROY... however, we can be better than that and we have to be better than that....

Portland had scorers everywhere.

We had JJ...

This is not a shot at JJ but if we can't count on somebody else to put in scores, we're going to lose alot.

Travis Outlaw is more aggressive than Marvin.

I will give Horf a pass, but Horf's offense is a long way away...

Right now, Horf is looking very Kurt Thomas like...

Finally, Acie hits a shot and then Woody benches him for the rest of the game.

How do you build confidence when you could be playing but LUE is sucking up your time??

Has anybody found Del Harris' phone number yet.

Good Effort Hawks.

Unfortunately, our limitations loss this one for us.

I agree especially with the part on Lue. I was actually mad when he was making threes because that will give him like a 5 game pass to get more mins than Law. He gave back all the points he scored and then some while on defense. The Blazers attacked him everytime.

Law played great but as long as "The Closer" is around he will never progress.

Outlaw is more aggressive than Marvin but I'll give Marvin one more year. At the same time Im not against all Marvin trades.

• Premium Member

If that's a real possibility, I'm for it.

Horford's offense is years off. Smoove refuses to consistently play inside.

Travis Outlaw looks better than Marvin (in terms of aggressiveness) and I still think that Outlaw is not much.

I would hate to lose Chillz but right now, we need a post scorer/rebounder.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I agree especially with the part on Lue. I was actually mad when he was making threes because that will give him like a 5 game pass to get more mins than Law. He gave back all the points he scored and then some while on defense. The Blazers attacked him everytime.

Law played great but as long as "The Closer" is around he will never progress.

Outlaw is more aggressive than Marvin but I'll give Marvin one more year. At the same time Im not against all Marvin trades.

I'll back off the Chris Wilcox trade...

However, I'm willing to give Marvin one more coach... if we change coaches soon.

Still, it's very disappointing to see Marvin doing absolutely nothing in the 4th but waiting.. then when he gets the ball, he's tentative.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

...Finally, Acie hits a shot and then Woody benches him for the rest of the game...

Obviously Woody was betting on Horford taking a guy off the dribble from 15 feet out before Acie made two perimeter shots in a game in ex's poll...and he can do something about it.

Wood will be gone by the time Horford takes a guy off the dribble.

I won't talk bad about the lineup with Chillz, JJ, Marvin, Smoove, and Horf. That was actually the lineup that brought us back into the game. After we took the defensive liability out. However, Acie has got to get those Lue minutes back. Lue may do some things well, but defense is not one of them. When Lue was out, we were one of the better defensive teams in the game. Lue gets back and we're free falling. Rodriguez and Roy owned Lue.

Hell, Rodriguez owned everybody. I was so happy to see Jack get back in the game I didn't know what to do.

Quote:

Quote:

What about Marvin + Lue + filler for Ivey?

That would be Milwaukee giving us too much....

(how's that for sarcasm).

Not bad, but Ivey looked like Kidd against us. He had 9pts 8reb 7assist. Damien Wilkins scored 41 on us. Travis Outlaw just scored 23.

Outlaw is averaging 12 and 5.

Wilkins is averaging 9 and 3.

Ivey is averaging 4 and 2.

Dielsel, you sure have a one track mind.....

TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE

Ever here of the saying that begins with..."The Grass Is Always Greener"..... smile.gif

Trades aren't a magic wand and the wrong trade could make things worse. Besides....it's obvious The Spirit isn't looking to make any trades right now, so give it a rest and come up with some ideas that don't start with a "T and end with a "E".

Now onto today's game....I was VERY DISAPPOINTED that Acie didn't get more playing time. How the heck is this kid over going to become the PG of the future if we don't let him learn from his mistakes and give him some responsibility?

LUE IS NOT THE ANSWER...WOODY!!!!! But Law might be? We will never know at this rate.

All these heartbreaking losses are really getting old. There was one time down the stretch where we got about 4 offensive rebounds and couldn't finish. Just crazy.

We certainly are competing every night, for the most part, but can't get it kicked into that last gear to put some of these teams away.

If you want to feel better, just look at where we were this time last year. We are a MUCH better team this year, but we have to shake this one off and win some of these upcoming road games.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Dielsel, you sure have a one track mind.....

Ever here of the saying that begin..."The Grass Is Always Greener".....
smile.gif

Trades aren't a magic wand and the wrong trade could make things worse. Besides....it's obvious The Spirit isn't looking to make any trades right now, so give it a rest and come up with some ideas that don't start with a "T and end with a "E".

Now onto today's game....I was VERY DISAPPOINTED that Acie didn't get more playing time. How the heck is this kid over going to become the PG of the future if we don't let him learn from his mistakes and give him some responsibility?

LUE IS NOT THE ANSWER...WOODY!!!!! But Law might be? We will never know at this rate.

Jack when you stop your player devotion and start your team devotion.....

Come back to me and let's talk!

Quote:

"Devotion" is better than "dilusion". Lets talk about things that might ACTUALLY HAPPEN. Your answer to our problems is to suggest a new trade every 5 minutes. It just gets old.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

"Devotion" is better than "dilusion". Lets talk about things that might ACTUALLY HAPPEN. Your answer to our problems is to suggest a new trade every 5 minutes. It just gets old.

It only gets old if you are content with what we have.

Obviously, you like losing games that we should win.

Obviously, you're deluded in your thinking because you think because we draft them, they automatically become enshrined to this place and need not earn their keep.

Obviously, you have missed the fact that the logjam that we have had for 3 years now has destroy 2 drafts and is still a major handicap for this team.

Let me guess Jack. You want to come to Hawksquawk and read a lot of Good effort posts? Look at the time son. JJ's contract will soon be up. Good effort is not going to keep him here. He came here from a championship quality team to be a part of a young championship quality team. Good effort is what we have said for the past 2 years. This year is time for us to win the winnable games. This is not time to be content with mediocrity, we're a laughing stock. Everybody is waiting for the clock to strike 12 and the fairy tale to end. It seems even fans also. However, while everybody else is expecting the worst because that's all they know... I expect more. As a fan it's your damn duty to expect more. So while you're devoted to certain player... I say look for better from your team. If that means somebody being traded for a player that fits better then SO BE IT... However, we have no draft pick in the first round. Our budget says we might triage one of the Joshes... So what's your move. If you were a chess player, you'd be thinking about your next move instead of your next 3 to 5 moves.

I'm just ready to trade either Marvin, Chill or Smoove(maybe not Smoove unless it's for another established star) for a need. It's time to address need through trade. And I'm not talking crap like the AJ trade last year. If we can get Gasol, I'm all for it now. It doesn't make us that much tougher defensively but it does give us two legitimate scorers..one in the post and one the wing. I think we would be a MUCH better team with Gasol.

Its too late for all this trade crap, these so called trade opp's are a moot point. Half the guys whose names are being called out can't perform when visiting teams come in playing half assed basketball(Who will want them and more over what can we really expect in return!). The fact of the matter is this:

1. Chillz will get signed before Smoove.

2. Someone will offer Smoove a max contract and Atlanta will not match it.

3. BK will extend Sheldon and Marvins contracts b/c he's too pig headed to admit he blew 2 premium deaft seats.(and neither have any significant trade value)

4. Woodson will get fired sometime this season or shortly after.

5. The Hawks will be left with PG: Law/AJ (Lue is gone), SG: JJ/Chilz , SF: Marvin/Solo PF:Horford/Sheldon C: ZazaWright

6. BK will rebuild his house of cards with yet another Long, Lean, Athletic, Smoldering with potential, Raw, No Ceiling, Upside Mircale, "NBA READY", Cant Lose with this Pic, Forward. Who will average 12 minutes a game for his 1st 3 years.

7. And lastly the atlanta will get another hack coach who will run the team into oblivion.

.....and the wolrd just keeps on spinnin.

Oh and if you want to talk trades, it should have been with Portland right after the draft. They would have taken Zaza, Lue(and or a 2nd round pick)for Aldridge and Jack (Their toes were still curling after getting Oden - before surgery.

Then you would have this line up.

PG: Jack/Law/AJ

SG: JJ/Chills/Marvin

SF:Smoove/Marvin/Solo

PF: Horford/Sheldon/Smoove

C: Aldridge/Wright/Horford