• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Need Bibby to make the playoffs

wolvetigers

Hawks have all the talent in the world from position 2 through 5. However the major piece is the floor general. Not having a pg is similar to not having a good QB. The ravens won with a serviceable QB in Dilfer but there defense was amazing.

The Hawks are not getting enough points from the PG position. Acie Law will be the answer in two years but until then we need a PG that will lead us through the playoffs.

Trade: Sheldin, CHildress, and AJ for Bibby and a future 1st.

As much as I hate to see childress go b/c he helps our bench out so much we need to start making moves that will put us in position to strongly compete for titles. Not saying that Bibby would bring a title to ATL, but the Hawks will be pretty darn good in East. And in the playoffs anything can happen - we have to get to the Playoffs first.

I havent watched Bibby play in a few years, but hes definitely attainable for that deal. Throw in Garcia to backup our SG/SF too. I think that Bibby is resisting the 'new' guard in Sacto (martin is #1 option now, salmons and garcia good off the bench) and has playing time issues...the 1st rnd pick might be over the top, but they have some assets that can even out the value.

Change AJ with Lue imo, since AJ probably means more to us then them. If we dont get an SG out of them, package what we have left for SG/SF, maybe wilkins (hes been upset about his lack of minutes during his slump).

LOl, I don't know if Bibby is the answer. Mike Bibby from 2002 and 2003 is the answer. If we had that Mike Bibby on this team, we'd be even better than New Orleans is right now and probably top 3 in the West. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

I'd go after Sergio Rodriguez, Jarrett Jack, or one of Memphis' PGs. And no, we are not set at the 5. I want Gasol, and I want a quick / intelligent starting PG. Bibby is putting on years and isn't healthy enough.

If we were talking about Bibby from a couple of years ago, I'd say yes probably...

But right now, he looks like slightly enhanced version of T-Lue to me! He brings the ball down the floor, dribbles, creates no opportunities, runs the shot-clock down and ends up shooting the ball himself! I don't thik we need that kind of PG, especially not with his type of contract, which would put Hawks in difficult position to re-sign our core players...

The only thing that I like about him right now (which could help us) is his shot.