• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who sits when the new "shooter" comes in?

Packfill

I see alot of people posting that the team needs a shooter off the bench. My question is who sits so this shooter can play?

The shooter is most likely a shooting guard or small forward (at least those are the typical positions manned by outside shooters), positions already manned by JJ and Marvin. JJ plays 40 minutes a night, Marvin 36. That leaves 20 minutes in reserve at those two positions, 20 minutes that are 99% manned by Childress already. Does Childress not play?

Getting a Steve Nash would obviously solve the problem but good shooting point guards who can also run an offense and create scoring opportunities for the rest of the team are not easy to come by. Lue is a shooter but we know his deficiencies detract from his affectiveness as a shooter. Bringing in another "Lue" doesn't seem like the right answer unless that individual is a much more talented defender and passer. Such an individual would likely cost quite a bit in trade.

Another shooter also lets JJ get more rest. Instead of JJ playing 42 minutes a game, he can play 38. Over a half a season that is a huge savings in wear and tear. But I agree Childress will loose some playing time.

Quote:

to be honest Marvin Williams and Acie Law need to start shooting the 3 and Chill needs to start hitting it also. Marvin doesnt even try.

How does 2 feet make such a huge difference in Marvin's range ?

His mechanics are perfect

His size and strength should not be an issue

I guess he just has to work at it in the off season. If Marvin could ever be a better then average, 35% - 36%, 3 point shooter he could really take the next step and so could the Hawks offense as currently contructed.