• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Ain't Dead Yet!!!

hawkman

• Premium Member

Tonight's game proves that the team hasn't quit yet. JJ still looks pretty listless out there but the rest of the team looked great. I'm not ashamed to say that tonight's game looked like a "celebration" of NBA basketball by the Hawks. They put on a show for the home crowd and showed a lot of enthusiasm for the game. Maybe we could add a Lowry or a Crittenton and we will be on our way. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

Hopefully a game like this shows some team growth. I would liken the meltdown at Portland to the meltdown we had against the Jazz at home - that pretty much took the fire out of the team for a month. Getting back on a winning track after the WC 1 for 5 might demonstrate that this team is maturing. I would also look at the primary guys that got the job done last night. Those are your "ballers" when the chips are down. Not to say that all is Rosy in Hawks-land but it was a good "character check" IMHO. We passed with flying colors.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Hopefully a game like this shows some team growth. I would liken the meltdown at Portland to the meltdown we had against the Jazz at home - that pretty much took the fire out of the team for a month. Getting back on a winning track after the WC 1 for 5 might demonstrate that this team is maturing. I would also look at the primary guys that got the job done last night. Those are your "ballers" when the chips are down. Not to say that all is Rosy in Hawks-land but it was a good "character check" IMHO. We passed with flying colors.

I agree. But we still need JJ out there. If he is indeed injured, he needs to sit and rest a while until he's 100% ready to go. If this is his way of pouting, then I don't know what that says about his character or his ability to lead this team under adversity. I refuse to believe that he is pouting or sulking out there right now. I mean, we are having our best season since he's been here...Right? He played quite well during some of the worst seasons we had. Heck, he averaged 25 ppg just last season. I believe that he's injured and/or sick and is trying to stay on the court since we are actually in the playoff hunt this season. That HAS to be the reason for his lackluster effort out there. I know there's a lot of negativity surrounding the guy right now, but his play the past two seasons should have earned him the benefit of the doubt from the fans. I hope I'm right for the Hawks sake. cool.gif

Quote:

the thing ive noticed about JJ...is...

most teams still double JJ no matter how bad he is shooting

so, even if he isnt close to his best, he is still causing other players to be more open

i think this is why Woody plays him so much no matter what
wink.gif

Go Hawks!

Our opponent, and fans of other teams, respects JJ's game more than our own fan base does, and that's a shame.

JJ is OBVIOUSLY not 100%. You can see it everytime he goes to the basket. He's getting his shot blocked a lot more this year, than in years past. And he may be going to the fadeaway a lot more these days, because it gives him more room to get off his jumper, without putting a lot of strain on his calf by jumping straight up vertically.

And the question now is, will just a few days rest put him back at 100%? His calf may be the type of injury that needs a lot of time to heal . . like a few weeks or months. He may be to the point that he can't hurt it any worse than it is right now, but a few days rest won't do it much good either.

It's a good thing for us that JJ's game is more about skill, than athletic ability. His skill enables him to still be an effective player on the court, unlike Speedy, who's game is based more on his athletic ability.