• Raised $390 of $700 target

Today shows why we need Eddy Curry

Johnnybravo4

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I'm saying [censored] a post player right now. Get a PG and worry about that next. If Al can't develop a post game, trade him for a PF that can.

We need a center. Al is a PF. Smith is a PF. That's the problem. And you usually can't trade a forward for a center of equal skill. PG's and centers are more valuable.

It is a matter of skillset. Do you think that picking up Andre Miller will all of a sudden turn Shelden Williams into Tim Duncan?

The point is that post players make others better because you have to use double teams. Unless you plan on getting a transcendent pg in a trade, it will give us a minimal improvement. Hell the heat won a championship with White Chocolate running the point.

Quote:

It is a matter of skillset. Do you think that picking up Andre Miller will all of a sudden turn Shelden Williams into Tim Duncan?

The point is that post players make others better because you have to use double teams. Unless you plan on getting a transcendent pg in a trade, it will give us a minimal improvement. Hell the heat won a championship with White Chocolate running the point.

Do you think picking up Eddy Curry will improve the Hawks defense and poor ball movement? Despite his all so great post scoring the Knicks average the same PPG as the hawks basically. He hasn't improved a team in his career and it would be no different here.

Quote:

Quote:

Do you think picking up Eddy Curry will improve the Hawks defense and poor ball movement? Despite his all so great post scoring the Knicks average the same PPG as the hawks basically. He hasn't improved a team in his career and it would be no different here.

Like I said above we are 8th in opp ppg and 14 in FG%. We are avg to above avg defensively. We lead the league in blocks per game, all with a small front line. When we lose it is because our shots are not falling and then the rest goes downhill. Eddy Curry helps to solve one of our problems, that is easy baskets. We probably take more effort just to score than any team in the league.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like I said above we are 8th in opp ppg and 14 in FG%. We are avg to above avg defensively. We lead the league in blocks per game, all with a small front line. When we lose it is because our shots are not falling and then the rest goes downhill. Eddy Curry helps to solve one of our problems, that is easy baskets. We probably take more effort just to score than any team in the league.

When you play one on one and have no PG it will result in tough shots.

JB, keep preaching. And you"re rightm It's the exact reason why Phoenix pulled the trigger on the Shaq for Marion deal. I would only start Curry against big frontlines. But in a game like this, he could've gotten Yao in early foul trouble. Even lst night, a guy like Curry would've made a huge difference.

I'm sure Isaiah would probably want Marvin in any deal for Curry though, which will kill any thought of this happening.

Yes, we know he's not going to defend nor rebound, but he woild be a luxury for Woody to go to, when JJ doesn't have it going. Somebody in the media needs to specifically ask the ASG if they're willing to go a little over the cap to try to improve this team.

If not, we just have to make whatever we have here now, work.

JB, people on here think a minor move solves our problems. That's their problem. Like Ridnour, or Petro, or Candace's brother will make everything OK with this team.

If we make a move, make one for a guy that actually has some talent at a need position. At minimum, we have to trade for a guy that could be a starter for most teams. That also means that we're probably going to have to get someone who isn't worth the money he's being paid. But if the guy has actual talent . .

At minimum, we have to deal for an Eddy Curry, Andre Miller, Mike Miller type. The low post scoring center is the hardest to find out of that group.

A PG that can penetrate is the most pressing need. It would give the open players good looks instead of having guys like Marvin & Smoove trying to put it on the floor and drive to the basket when the is packed.

Quote:

Over the past 5 years he's averaged about 16pts/6rebounds. No matter how you look at it, that's 16 ppg you can go get in the post when you're struggling on offense, that we don't have right now. Right now our plan A is everybody go 1-on-1 and hit your jumpers, and their is no plan B. At least we would have a plan B.

Post scoring, PG play and outside shooting are clearly weaknesses of ours, and it would address one of those. Of course he's overpaid and has questionable attitude, but at this stage in rebuilding, our big man is going to have to come through trade. I don't know what options are left without giving up a core player.

Curry would not only improve our post scoring but also our perimeter shooting as he would open up the outside. I see no problem with Curry as long as you consider a 3-man post rotation of he, Al, and JS. I could see the same with Diop. One would obviously be the offensively minded frontline, the other, defensively minded. We aren't coming out of this perfect but it's clear to me both are better. The question is whether either are good enough, what good enough means, and at what expense.

W

The more i think about a lineup with curry the more i like it.

After watching some of his highlights on youtube, it is obvious to me that he is very skilled with the basketball and finishes strong at the rim. Now i know going off youtube highlights is a bad idea but, they are the only tapes i have seen of him.

He would raise our point production considerably due to him being able to get Easy basket. I dont know if some of you heard what steve smith was saying last night, but he was making a good point how the rockets could always go into the paint with yao and get easy buckets for easy offense, instead of trying to work hard for every point.

Nobody needs Eddy Curry. You probably haven't seen many of his games, because anyone who has watched more than a few Eddy Curry games quickly realizes that he is a net negative on any team he plays on.

Eddy Curry pro's:

Efficient Post scorer

Eddy Curry con's:

Turnover machine

Doesn't defend

Doesn't rebound

Doesn't pass

Doesn't jump

I watched him for 4 seasons in Chicago and saw more than enough to know what kind of player he is. Immediately following the NY trade, all of their fans were busy laughing at us Chicago fans for giving Curry away - go ask those same fans now what they think of him now.

As for not being able to teach 6'11" 285 - Curry hasn't been that weight since he was drafted. He has no drive to get better, and even a trade to NY to play with his hetero life mate Crawford didn't inspire him. He's the only player I know who actually gains weight during the season. He's been given every opportunity by two franchises (Cartwright was hired by Chicago specifically to work with Curry and Chandler) and 7 seasons later he is still a liability to his team. Hell - he just got benched by Isiah, and NY fans are clamoring for Jerome James to get healthy so Curry can find his way to the bench permanently.

NY spent one season force-feeding him the ball, and while he did post career numbers, the team still couldn't overcome his numerous short-comings.

You can't win with a center who doesn't defend, rebound, block shots, or pass the ball. Look at Curry's numbers - they even came up with a stat-metric called the "Curry Line" because Curry is so historically bad. He averages more turnovers than assists, steals, and blocks combined.

The only people who still see Curry as a legitimate starting Center, are those people mesmerized by PPG - so mesmerized that they ignore every other aspect of the game.

He has all the talent in the world - he just doesn't care.

Greatest Skiles quote ever - when asked by a reporter how Eddy could improve his rebounding, Skiles responded, "Jump."

Quote:

Immediately following the NY trade, all of their fans were busy laughing at us Chicago fans for giving Curry away

I find it hard to believe that NY fans thought they were stealing Curry. He cost a good penny in salary and the two picks they sent for him were thought to be very high.

The point about Curry is that while he would cost money he wouldn't cost draft picks for us, nor would he cost us much in players in a trade.

W

• Premium Member

Yet he would still suck.

Hmm....

I agree with the earlier sentiment to get a PG and/or shooter and worry about post scoring later.

One of the positives this season is the relative ease with which the Hawks are scoring in the paint. Add a shooter and that becomes even easier.

Quote:

Quote:

Immediately following the NY trade, all of their fans were busy laughing at us Chicago fans for giving Curry away

I find it hard to believe that NY fans thought they were stealing Curry. He cost a good penny in salary and the two picks they sent for him were thought to be very high.

The point about Curry is that while he would cost money he wouldn't cost draft picks for us, nor would he cost us much in players in a trade.

W

No, actually NY fans did think they got him for a steal - at least the fans on the boards I frequent did.

They thought they were getting an All-Star caliber Center for less than 10million a season. And no one expected the Knicks to be as bad as they were, and consequently the picks to be as good as they turned out to be.

Even if you got Curry for free, he isn't worth it. He's a complainer and a whiner who had his Mom go to the press because he was upset at Chicago. He is a negative on any team he plays on, his PPG don't outweigh the points he'll give up or the rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks he won't make an effort to get.

In short, he is a 6'11" 340 pound Tim Thomas, who took weight loss pills because he was too lazy to put in the work, and 7 years later is the same soft, meek, big kid who would rather be on the rings than an NBA court.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

W

No, actually NY fans did think they got him for a steal - at least the fans on the boards I frequent did.

They thought they were getting an All-Star caliber Center for less than 10million a season. And no one expected the Knicks to be as bad as they were, and consequently the picks to be as good as they turned out to be.

Even if you got Curry for free, he isn't worth it. He's a complainer and a whiner who had his Mom go to the press because he was upset at Chicago. He is a negative on any team he plays on, his PPG don't outweigh the points he'll give up or the rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks he won't make an effort to get.

In short, he is a 6'11" 340 pound Tim Thomas, who took weight loss pills because he was too lazy to put in the work, and 7 years later is the same soft, meek, big kid who would rather be on the rings than an NBA court.