• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SEKOU: Trade wouldnt suprise HAWKS

NJHAWK

Quote:

From Chillz's quote in the AJC:

"when you see stagnation in your style of play or the way things are going, you have to look to see if you can add something or subtract something, whatever that may be, to get things rolling in the right direction.

The "stagnation" word could get JC into Woody's doghouse. Somebody contact a carpenter, we may have to build on.
gromit.gif

At the rate Woody's doghouse is growing, maybe Woody and BK should just suit-up and the two of them play the rest of the season. The roster can be filled out by the ASG. Belkin, then, is our superstar malcontent that needs to be traded but no one wants him.

Quote:

The "stagnation" word could get JC into Woody's doghouse.

I await another Woody quote from Captain Obvious about how JJ and JS are playing too many minutes just prior to Woody reducing JC's MPG and further increasing JJ and JS minutes.

W

The players are clearly calling for a change as are we. We have got to make a coach or a player move. I can't see Woody being let go right now because I think Billy Knight feels that Woody is the best option to save his own GM tail(this year). I dunno if I agree with it, but that has to be what hes thinking.

I'd like for the hawks to be able to keep the core group intact. The wildcard is Josh Childress. I think this team can get a 2 or 3 role players to come in without trading him(using other young players and/or expirings) but if they do decide to put him on the block, he can fetch someone like Mike Miller from memphis(who brings an outside game that we lack from the bench) or shoot for the stars with Hinrich from Chicago.

I would love to see the Hawks make a trade before the deadline, but I think that it is more likely that they won't.

This is just a hunch, but I think that the Hawks will make a trade after the season is over. They'll more than likely trade with teams like Miami or New York who want to win now, and don't necessarily want to build through the draft. Doing this may free up some cap space as they will be taking on another rooky contract. This will make the ASG happy given the current ownership dispute.

Now that Portland seems to have cooled off tremedously, does anyone think they might be willing to deal one of their PG's? They've got Roy, Blake, Jack, Rodriguez and Rudy Fernandez (overseas). I'd like Sergio, but I think even Jack or Blake would be an improvement over what we've got now. Their short on inside muscle so maybe we could swing a deal with either Shelden, ZaZa, Lorenzen involved. I wouldn't mind getting Channing Frye back either. He's a little guy, but seems like he might flourish as a big man on a running team.

Quote:

How about Juan Dixon for a small price? He has an expiring $2.9m contract. He is a scorer and legit 3pt threat buried on Toronto's depth chart; he's capable of running the point too. I really think he could help us coming off the bench.

Yeah that is what we need..yet another no 3 point guard to go with our other 4.

Quote:

Quote:

How about Juan Dixon for a small price? He has an expiring $2.9m contract. He is a scorer and legit 3pt threat buried on Toronto's depth chart; he's capable of running the point too. I really think he could help us coming off the bench.

Yeah that is what we need..yet another no 3 point guard to go with our other 4.

Obviously I mean if we can dump Lue and other dead weight. Dixon is an upgrade over Lue, especially defensively. He is not equal to one of our number three PG's--he's playing behind Ford and Calderon, not AJ and Law. I know he's not the answer at point (he's a combo guard) but we NEED A 3PT SHOOTER off the bench! Dixon knows about winning and I don't think it would take alot to get him.

Quote:

...it would be criminal not to make a trade at this time. We aren't going to sign a FA of merit but a bold, creative trade could really help this team. While we could S & T Childress in the offseason, we could not include the valuable commodities of similarly expiring non-rookie contract FAs and does anyone truly believe what they don't see this front office already doing? The flaws of this team necessitate a deal,
the expiring contracts necessitate a deal NOW!
One before the trade deadline. It's another the reason the total absence of Gasol to Atlanta (or anyone to ATL) trade rumors this year is mind boggling. We HAVE to make a deal given our fatally flawed team. We HAVE to make a deal before the trade deadline, while we still have the expiring contract capitol, or else no substantial/worthy deal can or will be made.

W

They remind me of a bunch of kids from back in the day who gathers in a treehouse and pools together their coins in order to get a medium-sized soda and a bag of chips from the neighborhood store and share it amongst each other. Couldn't you just see this on a much larger scale....

Levenson: 'I have $250,000 to help with payroll this week. How much you got?'

Gearon: 'I only got $175,000 this time around.'

Seydel: 'I have $375,000.'

Peskowitz: 'I got $500,000.'

Belkin: 'I got the rest but I'm not sharing it with you guys since I wanted a Sprite the last time and we ended up with a Fanta Orange. I HATE orange soda and you did that on purpose! The only reason why you're still in the treehouse is because you helped me build it and daddy (the judge) won't allow me to kick you out; otherwise, I'd be here by myself.'

C'mon, folks. THIS is the ownership group we counting on to make these teams better? These guys bought the teams (probably on credit) and simply don't have the resources to enhance what they've bought. Here we have the players literally begging on bended knee for a move to be made and its very likely for these pleas to fall on deaf ears because they don't have the funds. Its like buying a million-dollar 18,000-sf. home while only having $50K left in the bank afterwards, then getting sticker shock when the $850 light, landscaping, and gas bills come rolling in. If you don't have the funds to buy it yourself, DON'T BUY IT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU NEED 15 OTHER GUYS TO GET IT.

If they don't make a move and allow the Joshes and Marian Hossa to leave without getting anything significant back, we might as well shut down the site and find new teams to root for. I know that's blasphemy to say, especially from lifelong Hawk fans like myself. But wouldn't investing any more of our time and $$$ with this franchise be similar to the guys in Montreal who still showed up to Olympic Stadium to root for the Expos long after the owner there gave up?