• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who to trade?

Swatguy

We have the veterans and bench expirings which are Lo, Lue, AJ, Salim and the near expirings Solomon and Zaza. They (save AJ for PG) are all expendable.

This leaves core players.

It is clear to me, Marvin is the one to trade.

I'll say it again, Mike Miller can be had with Zaza and expirings.

Marvin is the key bait. Childress has again proven he is much more valuable (to this team) than Marvin so Marvin is the bait.

Marvin for Petro and Watson.

All (fillers) expirings and Zaza(or Acie Law) for Miller and Javaris.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We have the veterans and bench expirings which are Lo, Lue, AJ, Salim and the near expirings Solomon and Zaza. They (save AJ for PG) are all expendable.

Marvin is the key bait. Childress has again proven he is much more valuable (to this team) than Marvin so Marvin is the bait.

That's a mighty interesting take you have there.

I agree.. However, if we rolled Seattle, I would like more. I mean, I'm feeling Watson and Petro.. just that I know we can get them with Lo/Lue.

A better deal with Seattle giving them their hometown express is:

Marvin, Shelden, and Zaza for Nick, Earl, and Petro.

While I agree that Marvin is the most logical player to trade, I certainly can't see BK doing it to "Worthy with a jumpshot". If that's the case Chillz really doesn't have much of a future with the Hawks. Not only is he stuck behind Marvin and JJ as a utility backup, recently, even Woody has admitted that Horford is playing out of position. That HAS to lead one to believe that the Hawks may be targeting a big center if they make a move (with expiring contracts). If this happens it pushes Josh Smith to the 3/4 position and basically sucks up Chillz's backup 3 minutes. Then all he really can do is backup JJ - who plays 40 minutes a night.

If I were Chillz I wouldn't trust anything Hawks management said to me since the rumor was that BK had told him he was going to be the team's starting three before he drafted Marvin. If I were Chillz I would request a trade.

Quote:

While I agree that Marvin is the most logical player to trade, I certainly can't see BK doing it to "Worthy with a jumpshot". If that's the case Chillz really doesn't have much of a future with the Hawks. Not only is he stuck behind Marvin and JJ as a utility backup, recently, even Woody has admitted that Horford is playing out of position. That HAS to lead one to believe that the Hawks may be targeting a big center if they make a move. If this happens it pushes Josh Smith to the 3/4 position and basically sucks up Chillz's backup 3 minutes. Then all he really can do is backup JJ - who plays 40 minutes a night.

If I were Chillz I wouldn't trust anything Hawks management said to me since the rumor was that BK had told him he was going to be the team's starting three before he drafted Marvin. If I were Chillz I would request a trade.

Your agent would not let you request trade. Chills has a great reputation no need in ruining it. He will be a free agent this summer. That is the time to request a sign and trade....not now.

Quote:

...Your agent would not let you request trade. Chills has a great reputation no need in ruining it. He will be a free agent this summer. That is the time to request a sign and trade....not now.

That's a good point, hadn't thought of it that way.

Still, it does make sense that Chillz doesn't have much of a future with the Hawks as currently configured (and if they get a big man for the middle). Hawks basically have to either decide on one of Marvin or Chillz or do the S-n-T as you mentioned.

Quote:

People keep saying that Miller is available. I watch Memphis all the time, and Miller is the perfect guy for their system. Rudy Gay will be the star, but Miller routinely leads that team on the floor in every other aspect.

Memphis does have to meet a minimum payroll, so unless they're planning to go after a big time free agent this summer to team with Gay, I don't think they'll move Miller at all. Somebody is going to have to offer them a very sweet deal ( which will probably involve more draft picks and a real nice young player ) to get Miller.

Right now, Miller is easily the most popular player in Memphis. It used to be J-Will . . then Battier. Now it's Miller. Gasol, while popular, was kind of like how Hawks fans are with JJ. They like him, but if were to take a poll, he probably wouldn't be our most favorite player.

Quote:

Quote:

People keep saying that Miller is available. I watch Memphis all the time, and Miller is the perfect guy for their system. Rudy Gay will be the star, but Miller routinely leads that team on the floor in every other aspect.

Memphis does have to meet a minimum payroll, so unless they're planning to go after a big time free agent this summer to team with Gay, I don't think they'll move Miller at all. Somebody is going to have to offer them a very sweet deal ( which will probably involve more draft picks and a real nice young player ) to get Miller.

Right now, Miller is easily the most popular player in Memphis. It used to be J-Will . . then Battier. Now it's Miller. Gasol, while popular, was kind of like how Hawks fans are with JJ. They like him, but if were to take a poll, he probably wouldn't be our most favorite player.

'Cyde, I've supported this administration for these four years but something has to happen this next 7 days. If we make moves and fail I will be cool with it. But if we continue as we are, the regime is over.

This is BK's final test.