Lorenzen Wright

Incoming:

Mike Conley Jr

Mike Miller

Why Atlanta does it:

PG

Shooter

Why Memphis does it:

They get some serious salary relief to the tune of about 7 million dollars next season. Also Marvin doesn't need to be resigned for a year and a half.

I like it for the Hawks. Just one small problem. Grizz really like Conley Jr. Switch Conley Jr with Lowry. I heard the Grizz will try to unload Brian Cardinal contract on whoever want Miller.

Would anyone be willing to take on Brian contract if it meant getting Miller and Lowry? I know I would be for it. We have to take on Brian contract in order to get Lowry included more than likely. Grizz are not going to just hand him over for nothing.

PG-Lowry/Law

SG-Johnson/Chill

SF-Miller/Chill

PF-Smoove/Shelden

C-Horford/Zaza

Those are basically the 8 or 9 players we use. We dump AJ and Lue in this deal.

we don't need conley...we don't need lowry...we don't need ANY rookie point guard. we have a rookie point guard. you only need one rookie point guard. having a 2nd rookie point guard adds absolutely zero to our squad.

please please please. we all know having a point guard that can do certain things would help this team. but the key phrase is "that can do certain things" and rookies cannot. if we were to get a point to help us it would be REQUIRED it be a veteran (of course one more talented than the ones we have now).

there is no use in getting a rookie point guard just for him to fight Law for minutes.

now mike miller on the other hand is definitely a need on this team.

This seems to be too good to be true if it were to happen. And like someone above me said, Memphis is very happy with Conley Jr. If this were to happen, I would be ecstatic. I wanted to draft Conley instead of Horford when we were drafting (I changed my mind about it after I saw Horford play the frst time in a Hawks jersey though), so I would be very happy.

Quote:

No way we ever take MCJ. He was a horrendous shooter in workouts, we already have our rookie point guard (we need a VET like Andre Miller) to take Acie under his wing.

I'd take Kyle Lowry in that trade though

um Conley has shot wayyyyy better than people were saying this year.Better than Acie.but anyways no way Memphis would trade him and no way we should even want him.we have Acie.Both will be great PG's in this league,can't have both.

Quote:

No offense CW....but folks who compare Acie to C-Jr. are nuts IMO. Acie had a decent game in our loss to Charlotte - actually made a few shots for a change....but he isn't in Conley's league as far as potential nba PGs. C is quick as a cat.

I didn't compare them so I wouldn't be offended.I think both will be great PG's in the NBA.Law has very good quickness and speed also.I wanted Conley and nobody else leading up to the draft,but I got over it and warmed up to the talent of Horford and Law.I never knew Law was as quick and fast as he is.

Yeah CW...I have been amazed at Horford too. I generally follow mid-major college basketball looking for diamonds in the rough. Horford is a no-holds-barred kind of player - fears no man...even hurts a few.

I still think the jury is out on who will turn out to be the best player though. C-Jr. will develop - let's remember that Mr. Bigshot was a failure in Boston. PGs are slower to develop.

Quote:

I hope that he said yes
wink.gif

Actually I asked him if he thought he could improve on his shooting over the past two games and yes.....

he did say yes

LOL

Then I turned right around and stabbbed him in the back by scheduling the press conference shipping him out of town!

That's similar to what I was thinking about earlier in the week. Miller and Marvin have similar skill sets, with Miller being a better at shooting and rebounding, and Marvin being a better defender and having more potential.

That's why I would rather include Marvin in a trade for Miller than Childress. If we traded Marvin for Miller, we would need to get more in return, but I doubt we could get Conley Jr. I think Crit. or Lowry would be more likely.

I would hate to see Miller traded to the Nets for Nachbar and Magloire, the Hawks could definitely do better than that.