• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trades Brewing! (AJC Article)

volman

Quote:

..I'd start Acie, and bring Cassell off the bench..

Nobody in their right mind would start Acie at this point in his development. He simply isn't there yet. Was he there in the rookie lineup last night? Nope.

P.S. - "Dream on...Dream on...Dream on..Dream until your Dreams come true."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Acie had been given consistent minutes and less pressure throughout his struggles and figuring his game out, he would have been at the game last night. The confidence has been shaken out of his game.

Besides, neither of the joshes made it to the sophomore game for instance, I don't think there are 9 guys from their class that I'd take before them.

Quote:

The Bibby deal, while not a lump of coal, brings no excitement to me. He's 30-31 and declining. His 5 APG will not be much of an impact if you ask me. BUT his overly sized deal would be a good trade chip next year assuming ownership would want to take on any salary (cough).

However, if we're willing to pay Bibby $14 million and give up little to get for him, I would hope we would have been willing to pay Gasol similarly and give up little similarly for him. We weren't even whispered about in that deal.

Let's ALL hope the deal is a bigger and better deal than the one "rumored" for Bibby.

W

For once I agree with you as I just can't understand the excitement around getting Bibby - he's certainly on the downside of his career. He might score but his +/- is horrible even for being on a bad team. The only way I'd do this deal is for bench players or expiring contracts and even then I won't be all that hyped.

I remember when Reef and Big Dog came and how excited you guys where - see how that turned out.

Quote:

Are you meaning to say Bibby is nothing more than a MLE player?

After next year he will not sign a deal at more than the MLE. Guaranteed!

Quote:

maybe, just maybe, our ownership will begin to add salary rather than operate on the cheap.

Not likely and regardless, while Bibby's contract isn't awful in that it expires after next year, it is awful in that this ownership will NOT resign JS, MW, and JC much less do so while takign on $14.5 million, no matter who the player, next year as part of a trade with Bibby's expiring contract. In short, we can't even expect the benefit of Bibby's expiring contract.

We know Bibby is a marginal AT BEST upgrade, statistically a wash, and this team is in need of nothing more mediocre!

W

Quote:

Quote:

He shot the ball HORRIBLY last year.

He had an injured wrist. Ever try to shoot with an injured wrist?

Look at this last three games - he's getting back into playing shape and would be a HUGE improvement at PG.

It's not that he shoots that bad.He shot a ton of 3 pointers.

481 3pt attemps on 39% shooting.

The most 3pters JJ has ever taken is 380.So Bibby puts up a lot of them