• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So we finally get a PG...

thesheedera

It seemed so obvious before that having such a lack of talent at PG made life a lot more difficult for all the other players on the court.

They've been handicapped in a sense, and I can't wait to see who/what they might be with a legit 1 on the floor.

If any of them show no improvement at all, then yeah, let's look for trades. But let's see what we have first.

People weren't really talking about trades until the BK trade for a 5 mention. I don't think we need to make a move for a starting 5 but if we are doing it then why not try and figure out who it would be? I am skeptical that BK is actually trying to get a starting 5 but I suppose it's possible.

That makes some sense. But I guess what's bothering me is that some posters seem almost enthusiastic about getting rid of one or more of our core players.

I'd be all for moving one or more to significantly improve the team. But I would only be excited about what we'd be bringing in and I'd be sad to see one of these guys go.

It seems like some posters are just jumping at the chance to see one of them pack there bags, even for a marginal trade.

Quote:

People weren't really talking about trades until the BK trade for a 5 mention. I don't think we need to make a move for a starting 5 but if we are doing it then why not try and figure out who it would be? I am skeptical that BK is actually trying to get a starting 5 but I suppose it's possible.

I would hope that it is more for a big defensive-minded, rebounding vet--as a backup. Zaza is NOT the answer at backup and Solomon hasnt gotten near enough PT for us to know whether he is decent enough.

I hope that none of our core are traded and I really think they deserve a chance to play with a real PG to assess their true value. It's not too difficult to imagine that all of our core players could put up better numbers just with Bibby's presence and playmaking ability and it would truly suck to trade them before they got a chance to show it.

Quote:

...and before we even see how our players can do with this legit 1 there are more trade proposals than ever including Marvin, Smith and Childress.

Seems backwards to me.

You think that's bad.

All hell will break loose if things don't gel perfectly in one of the first two games.

Bibby will be a "bust" and it will be trade proposals galore

In reality Bibby should make everyone on this team better.

Not because he's Nash, but because of the space he will create by being a 3 point threat and because he is more likely to push the basketball.

If Smoove could start commanding a double team in the post, our offense could really shine. IMO, the three things that we have been missing most in our offense are:

1) PG who could penetrate and break down defenses

2) Outside shooting

3) Post presence who could command a double team, freeing up a shooter for an open look

Hopefully, #1 and #2 were answered by getting Bibby. If Smoove could handle #3 our half court offense would be ideal.

zbo

Quote:

...and before we even see how our players can do with this legit 1 there are more trade proposals than ever including Marvin, Smith and Childress.

Seems backwards to me.

The following players should be kept for the rest of the season (unless a knockout deal comes along): Bibby, Smoove, Marvin, Al, JJ, and Chillz. Keep them unless it's a complete upgrade.