• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Silent on Joe?

thesheedera

I see posts both praising and trashing Salim, Marvin, Childress and Smith. Some good stuff about Bibby, Horford and Richadson.

But VERY LITTLE on Joe Johnson. Almost posted a triple double and he clearly made an effort to get to the rim more often than taking the defended jumpers.

He's been getting a lot of heat lately but last night he looked like the guy we've been so excited during his best stretches as a Hawk. I for one am relieved and I hope it keeps up for the rest of the season.

Good points. Joe was playing with his swagger last night and I think for the first time got to really see the benefits of playing with another dangerous guard because he was able to play one on one a lot of the time and there are only a few in the league that can guard him one on one. I'm just hoping that his thigh is healed or close to being healed and the same goes for Bibby because those two are dynamic together.

I wonder if Bibby will help him elevate his game. JJ was spoiled with the Suns when he played with Nash. Easily made him better and probably taught him a lot about how to play the game. Bibby knows how to play the game too and will energize JJ. Hopefully this is the start of some synergy for the team.

I expect it out of a healthy JJ. Also if Bibby is healthy and with guys like Salim and even Richarson showing they can hit open 3's, JJ is not going to be doubled and tripled as much. He is going to be able to take his man one on one to the hoop alot more now.

It's strange to think of but it almost seems like just making this Bibby trade and signing JRich has made us a team that can light it up from downtown, especially if Salim starts to get minutes. I have been really down on him because I had high hopes for a guy with his intangibles and shooting ability to be able to succeed at this level and hopefully now will be the time when both he and especially Woody realize that can actually happen.

My bad Sheed. You're exactly right. I loved most how Woody was trying to post up JJ every chance they got late in that game. If he has a guard 6 - 4 and under on him, we should always look to post JJ.

The big thing is that JJ made a lot of correct decisions last night.

He definitely had a superstar game last night.

And he only had 4 points in the 4th quarter. But he had 2 assists ( should've been 4 ), and the double teams he drew enabled a guy like Salim to take over the game in the middle part of that quarter.

In the 3 games Bibby has played in...

JJ is shooting 50% overall ( 23 - 46)

And, 42% on 3pters (6-14 )

Its amazing what players can do , when they have space to work with.Bibby shooting , plus JJ not having to handle the ball so much is pulling him out of his slump.

• Premium Member

Quote:

In the 3 games Bibby has played in...

JJ is shooting 50% overall ( 23 - 46)

And, 42% on 3pters (6-14 )

Its amazing what players can do , when they have space to work with.Bibby shooting , plus JJ not having to handle the ball so much is pulling him out of his slump.

The sample is way to small to draw conclusions at this point (not only is it just three games, but Bibby is averaging only 23 MPG in them)...

Hopefully, however, JJ is back to his old self and he becomes an all around more efficient player with Bibby.

Curious to see how JJ responds tonight... he has been abysmal all year long in second of back to backs... if he has a great game again, then I'm thinking the old JJ may have finally resurfaced for good.