• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good game for Marv to watch on tv

thesheedera

I just don't understand why people think that we don't need BOTH of these guys? Both guys bring different skill sets that help this team out.

It would be nice to see Marvin make 50% of his wide open jumpers, along with Chill bringing his "slash and burn" type game off the bench, in every game. I wonder what our record is, when both Chill and Marvin score 15+ points in a game?

Chill IS our bench right now. To lose him means that Mario, Salim, and Jeremy would have to step up on a nightly basis.

To lose Marvin, means that we lose a guy big enough to play the 4. And when his shot is falling, like it was early in the year, he'll be a hell of a luxury to have with Bibby on the team now.

We need BOTH Chill and Marvin.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I don't give a damn what 82games.com says. I already told you, SA's opinion of Josh means more to me than some crummy website. Mario West doesn't do squat. There is a reason he probably wouldn't be on an NBA roster if it wasn't for the Hawks. It seems funny that nobody wants to give him the time of day but the people on this board. Gee, I wonder why.

We went through all of this crap with Ira Newble a few years ago and not he is on his way to becoming a "throw in" when it comes to trades. Some of you guys never learn.

Looking on that site:

Leandro Barbosa is a -10PPG when he is on the court. I guess they should just trade him also. Right?

http://www.82games.com/0708/0708PHO.HTM

Barbosa has the 2 time MVP playing in front of him. Of course there will be a dropoff when Barbosa is on the court.

Your logic is that you want the team to compensate for Childress' weak D and his total lack of a perimeter game just so they can get the benefit of his whopping 12 ppg in 30 minutes. OK

When they are playing well (as they both have for extended periods this year), they both bring different things that we need to the table. Neither guy is a perfect but neither guy is a finished product either. If BK wants to impress me, he will figure out a way to bring back both Smoove and Chillz next year while keeping JJ, Horf, Bibby, Marv and Acie. If he can do that (while losing Woody), I think we have a chance to be a really good team next year because the talent is here.

Quote:

When they are playing well (as they both have for extended periods this year), they both bring different things that we need to the table. Neither guy is a perfect but neither guy is a finished product either. If BK wants to impress me, he will figure out a way to bring back both Smoove and Chillz next year while keeping JJ, Horf, Bibby, Marv and Acie. If he can do that (while losing Woody), I think we have a chance to be a really good team next year because the talent is here.

Maybe BK can steal Harry Potters wand and make the salary cap disappear (or at least the luxury tax). Then we should have no problem keeping both players while adding more size inside and another wing who can shoot.

This team, as is, doesn't have the talent to be contenders even in the weak east. They are too small and the only proven perimeter shooters are JJ and Bibby. That isn't going to cut it.

How much perimeter shooting do we need? In the last 6 games, the only game we shot less than 40% from 3 was the Lakers game and we shot 39% in that game.

Marvin is a wing who can shoot. Jeremy Richardson is a wing who can shoot. JJ is a wing who can shoot if we go small. With Bibby at PG, we have enough perimter shooting with him, JJ and Marv in the starting lineup. Hopefully, Acie will be a much less reluctant shooter next year too.

As for a big man, there is bound to be a veteran big man out there we can scoop up for the minimum. If not, hopefully Zaza will continue to play as he has for the last few games (he has actually been solid) or we can look to trade him for a defensive-minded big.

Don't get me wrong, I would trade Chillz, Marv or even Smoove in a deal for the RIGHT big man but I don't think trading one of them for a mediocre big is going to help us at all.

JJ has shot 54% from 3 the since Bibby got here. He had similar stretches last year. That won't continue indefinitely.

JJ and Bibby are the only guys under contract for next year who have a track record of making 3s. Sure i would like to think they could sign JRich cheap to fill that role. I would like to think he could fill that role effectively but that remains to be seen and is probably too optimistic.

There are 96 minutes at the 4/5 spots. Assuming Smith and Horford take up 65-70 of those minutes that leaves 26-31 minutes for someone else. Zaza is just too weak defensively and his offense is sporatic at best. As far as i am concerned i would be happy if they just let him go when his contract is up.

We need some with size who can effectively defend big post players. Those guys aren't cheap.

• Premium Member

Quote:

with his offensive limitations.

You see, this is the dumbest argument you make. Offensive limitation? He's the most offensively efficient player we have. In fact, his efficiency is through the roof. What now... you want him to be a three point shooter? WHY?

Here's the bottom line.

Our team lacks a true post scorer. However, Chillz supplements for that very well. You want to hurl attacks at Chillz defense, his offense, however, your attacks are that of a blind mind trying to judge a pissing contest. You can't see the winner because you're too busy complaining about the sound of the piss hitting the ground.

Now that we have a real PG... Like I said when we first got Bibs.. Chillz will start to stand out because now there's somebody controlling the ball that can get him the ball and when we move to becoming a more uptempo team, Chillz' value will increase even moreso.

Quote:

Like I said when we first got Bibs.. Chillz will start to stand out because now there's somebody controlling the ball that can get him the ball and when we move to becoming a more uptempo team, Chillz' value will increase even moreso.

Bibby was playing against Utah and SA when Childress had 11 pts total in the two games. You want to make a big deal of a game against Sactown but forget the ones right before it.

The fact is Childress can't score outside 5 feet. That isn't going to change with Bibby on the floor. Childress scores his points inside and since he is weak and can't take contact well that is a problem.

Quote:

I think the percentages would also improve if we had a decent scoring in the post. Then the guys wouldn't have to rush shots at try and make every shot while a hand is in front of them. Emeka would be a good player to have on the team.

So are you saying that we go after Emeka, but let Smoove go?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Like I said when we first got Bibs.. Chillz will start to stand out because now there's somebody controlling the ball that can get him the ball and when we move to becoming a more uptempo team, Chillz' value will increase even moreso.

Bibby was playing against Utah and SA when Childress had 11 pts total in the two games. You want to make a big deal of a game against Sactown but forget the ones right before it.

You expect chemistry to happen automatically huh?? I mean, Bibby was one 4 game in 5 day sweep with us the same day he was officially traded. You really expect Chemistry to just HAPPEN?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You expect chemistry to happen automatically huh?? I mean, Bibby was one 4 game in 5 day sweep with us the same day he was officially traded. You really expect Chemistry to just HAPPEN?

You obviously think so otherwise you wouldn't think last nights game was such a big deal. After all Childress has always scored well in high scoring games, even as a rookie.

Besides chemistry isn't going to make Childress faster or stronger. Chemistry won't give Chill a real jumper. Chemistry won't make him a better defender.