• Raised $390 of $700 target

Replay Game - Newly acquired players CAN play

Rick

From Realgm a press release...

Quote:

Protest Game May Include Newly Acquired Players

March 3, 2008 - 4:59 pm

Press Release -

The resumption of the Miami at Atlanta game from December 19, 2007 may include newly acquired players from both teams, according to the NBA.

All current roster players who were listed on each team's December 19 active list are required to be placed on each team's respective active list for the resumed game. Because of intervening player transactions, the number of such players does not equal 12 for either team. As a result, and in order to reach 12 active players for the resumed game, both teams are permitted to add players to their active lists from the December 19 inactive list and any new roster players acquired since the December 19, 2007, game.

This means that players like Shawn Marion and Mike Bibby may play for their new respective teams despite not being on the roster when the game began.

Quote:

Illogical.

I agree. This means these "new" players can play with 50-odd seconds left without any fouls. Also, it will impact statistical averages for these "new" players.

This is turning into the biggest joke! I bet it will be even more funny, if somehow Miami pulls out the win.

Cheers

Rick

• Admin

This is such BS. Marion should not be allowed to contribute. He can change the game with his defense and his offense. A big difference from old slow shaq.

The game should just be canceled. It does not benefit anyone at all. Only hurts both teams actually if Miami wins and we lose.

Understand this. The Hawks are being punished for the stupid error that they made.

Yes, the official scorer who miscounted the fouls on Shaq is part of the Hawks.

I believe that, if you are allowing a new center to replace Shaq, he should also be

required to assume Shaq's 5 fouls. Since this makes sense to me, they won't do it.

All players already in the game must keep their fouls. Why should our opponent

be allowed to stop the game, due to the protest, and go out and get a new center

who has -0- fouls and allow him to play?

Quote:

Understand this. The Hawks are being punished for the stupid error that they made.

Yes, the official scorer who miscounted the fouls on Shaq is part of the Hawks.

I believe that, if you are allowing a new center to replace Shaq, he should also be

required to assume Shaq's 5 fouls. Since this makes sense to me, they won't do it.

All players already in the game must keep their fouls. Why should our opponent

be allowed to stop the game, due to the protest, and go out and get a new center

who has -0- fouls and allow him to play?

Maybe Woodson or somebody need to appeal...