• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

D-Hall Traded to the Raiders!

D.R.P.

Your link doesn't work. I thought I heard it was for a second round pick. Haven't checked yet.

Good riddance, I say. He got burned more than Terrell Buckley. Way less picks, too. He sucked. I don't use that word often, but he just didn't get the job done. I can't think of one important, positive play he made. I can think of many important, negative plays he made.

I took his side on the Petrino issue. My feelings toward Hall have nothing to do with that. I just think he's a mediocre to bad CB. There's a whole lot more to football than being fast.

He was a cancer on the team and only increased the negativity publicity the Falcons went through last week. I like that Dimitroff is completely cleaning house. If we do in fact acquire the Raiders we would get the 33rd pick coupled with the 37th. In theory, we could get a QB, D linemen and o lineman with the 3 picks.

I think the new GM came from a team (the Patriots) where they have a strong TEAM concept, and the truth is D-Hall was not, and is not a team player. Also he is demanding way more money than he is worth to re-sign. I truly expect his carer to fizzle with the Raiders. It really shows you how much Dimitroff thinks of Hall if he traded him to the Raiders.

With an additional second round pick, I definitely see the Falcons moving back into the first round. Maybe they will move up to take the quarterback from Delaware; which would be a great move IMO.

Some of the mocks have us taking Sam Baker, Brohm is also likely.

It does raise the question of needing a corner back, that also may be available?

Patrick Lee, Auburn, Branden Flowers Va Tech ?

Hall denies Falcons-Raiders trade

Cornerback refutes report he's being traded

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/15/08

Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall refuted a report on ESPN.com that he is on the verge of going to the Oakland Raiders in a trade.

ESPN.com posted a report Saturday afternoon that the Falcons have agreed to trade Hall for a second-round pick in the April draft, contingent on the Raiders signing Hall to a contract.

"

There is the issue that he has to agree to a contract????? However,

"After getting permission from the Falcons last week, Hall spent Friday in Oakland, Calif., at the Raiders' training complex, taking a physical and meeting with Al Davis, head coach Lane Kiffin and defensive coordinator Rex Ryan."

It came from NFL.com

He'll fit right in with the Raiders.

Quote:

With an additional second round pick, I definitely see the Falcons moving back into the first round. Maybe they will move up to take the quarterback from Delaware; which would be a great move IMO.

I don't know about moving up. I think we need as many picks as possible. I'm all for Flacco, though. I like what I've seen from him.

Further ink:

Here ya go: http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/15/raiders-will-have-the-honor-of-watching-deangelo-hall-get-burned/#comments' target="_blank">

"So what's the going rate for an a former eighth-overall pick? According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, it's a second-rounder. Specifically, disgruntled Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall will be sent to the Raiders in exchange for Oakland's 34th pick.

Hall is close to agreeing to a contract with the Raiders that will pay him just below what Asante Samuel signed with the Eagles, according to the source. Samuel signed a six-year deal worth a reported $57 million, with $20 million guaranteed.

Good Lord, are the Raiders getting fleeced on this one. I'm fine with giving up the second-rounder, but who the hell pays one of the NFL's most overrated cornerbacks "Asante Samuel" money? I mean, that sounds like something a team that won just 19 games since its 2002 Super Bowl shellacking might do.

For Hall, he gets out of Atlanta, something's he's been trying to do since throwing the Carolina game last season. The Falcons get a much-needed draft pick -- they can't have too many at this point -- and have one less thing to worry about (both on the field and in the locker room).

If nothing else, the Raiders add depth (although it's questionable whether they've actually improved, unless "improve" suddenly means "get worse"). And while Nnamdi Asomugha was franchised and will likely earn $10 million in 2008, he's probably not all that psyched by the idea of Hall, who's not even in the same conversation as Asomugha when it comes cover corner skillz, getting a shiny new long-term deal."

If the trade of Hall goes through, the Falcons could also use one of those second round picks to get Litto Shepard from Philly.

I still would rather get a 1st round pick for DeAngelo as he is a talented corner that the Falcons are going to have a hard time replacing.

Falcons close to trading Hall

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/15/08

The Falcons are close to trading defensive back DeAngelo Hall to the Oakland Raiders for second- and sixth-round picks in the April draft, according to a person close to the negotiations.

Hall, who denied the deal was close earlier Saturday, reportedly was in Oakland on Friday to meet with Raiders officials.

Hall and his representatives are negotiating a contract with the Raiders, which needs to be agreed upon before the trade is completed, according to the person close to the negotiations. Hall's agent Joel Segal, who did not return several calls to his cellphone, was in talks with the Raiders on Saturday evening.

Hall said Saturday night that he did not believe a deal was imminent.

"As of right now, we're still at the same stages that I was at with every other team," Hall said. "New York, Washington, Dallas, and Jacksonville. Nothing has been OK'd on my end. Unless they agreed to something that I don't know about, but I don't think no team is going to sign me without talking to me and getting everything right on my end."

The Sacramento Bee is reporting that was Hall was in Oakland on Friday to meet with Raiders officials, but Hall would neither confirm nor deny that he was there.

Segal reportedly is seeking a deal close to the six-year, $57 million that unrestricted free agent Asante Samuel signed with the Philadelphia Eagles, with $20 million in guarantees. The Raiders covet a solid cornerback to play alongside Nnamdi Asomugha.

The eighth player taken in the 2004 draft, Hall made the Pro Bowl in 2005 and 2006 before not being selected last season. He had five interceptions in 2007.

However, Hall didn't ingratiate himself to the front office when he ran on the field for the "Monday Night Football" game against the Saints with a Michael Vick poster, the day his fellow former Virginia Tech Hokie was sentenced to 23 months in prison.

At the NFL combine, Hall said he wanted to be traded, and before the latest talks with the Raiders, Hall had just about guaranteed that he was going to be disruptive next season.

He had said he would consider either demanding a trade or sitting out the first 10 games of next season if the team did not extend his contract, which is set to enter its final year.

"I will not be a part of another losing team for another year," Hall told the AJC in December. "I've got to do what I've got to do. No matter who hates me."

The Raiders also like the fact that Hall can return punts, a chore he did for the Falcons on occasion in 2004 and 2005.

From another board:

Oakland would like to throw in Michael Huff with that 2nd round pick(salary cap reason)

Oakland know that Michael Huff is playing Out of position...they was thinking about moving him to CB but thats not going to happen now...(Stuart Schweigert will start at SS and they will draft a Safety)

But TD is not sure that we sure that we should take on Michael Huffs contract

So we shall see.........2nd round and 6th round pick.......or.....2nd round pick and Michael Huff