• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody is an idiot for benchng JJ and Marv in 3rd

Dexmethylphenidate

WTF are you thinking man? You shutdown your starters through the first half if he have two quick fouls and you shutdown your starters thoughout the third if he picks up his third foul even if there's plenty of time remaining. Woody, are you purposely destroying the Hawks? Do you know that the other team can turn the game around if you did this, you moron?

Yeah, the Hawks desperately needed another shooter on the floor; yet Woodson takes out JJ and Marvin with only 3 fouls. Also Childress shouldn't have played more minutes than Marvin when Marvin out played Childress. Its one thing for Josh C. to play most of the 4th quarter instead of Marvin when Josh is having an impact on the game but tonight Chills didn't have much of an impact.

Marvin had a few lapses on defense and turned it over on offense a couple times, as usual, and wasn't getting/making the open shots on offense that make him valuable. The main thing was he was getting schooled on defense at the SF by Vince or Jefferson, at Childress at least has some shot at troubling those guys.

As for JJ, I think he should have sat for a few mins b/c he picked up 2 fouls in like 15 secs and it looked like VC was about to go to work on him. I think that would have been the perfect time to put Mario in, sic 'em on Carter's and at least slow him down and get in his face. VC tends to get rattled a bit when challenged and this would have been the perfect time for Woody to try to get in his head. Instead, we manage to out-soft them and get torched repeatedly...

Quote:

WTF are you thinking man? You shutdown your starters through the first half if he have two quick fouls and you shutdown your starters thoughout the third if he picks up his third foul even if there's plenty of time remaining. Woody, are you purposely destroying the Hawks? Do you know that the other team can turn the game around if you did this, you moron?

While it was stupid of him to sit JJ that early after only 3 fouls, I do see ( from his vantage point ) why he did it.

He did it because he knows he can't trust the bench late in the game, if JJ fouled out. A lot of Hawksquawk have faith in Mario, Salim, ad Jeremy, but Woody doesn't. So you might as well play the guys he does trust ( Chill & Zaza ) early, and hope that JJ can crank it back up when he comes in the game later on.

The real question might be this: Why can't this team function even a little bit, without JJ in the lineup? Everybody always says that Woody should give JJ a rest. This time, he rested him real early, and the rest of the guys on the floor only halfway responded.

Having said that, Woody coacches like an overly-cautious Spades player.

He can have the Ace and King of Spades in his hand. But because the Big Joker and Little Joker are still in somebody's hand, he'll let someone cut a book without challenging it with his 2 high Spades, which lets them get a cheap book.

example: ( Woody and his partner bidded 7 for the hand. They have 5 books, with 4 more chances/plays of the hand to reach 7. Key play of the hand comes right here. )

player (1) - plays Jack of Hearts

player (2) - because she has no Hearts, cuts with a 5 of Spades

Woody is player (3) - He has the Ace, King, and 8 of Spades he can cut with.

Instead of being aggressive, and playing the Ace or the King, to force Player (4) to possibly cut over him with one of the Jokers if he has one, Woody would play the 8 of Spades and hope that would be enough to get the book or trick.

player (4) - who had the Big Joker, the 9, and the 4 of Spades to cut with, plays the 9 and wins the book.

Woody didn't make a horrible play by playing the 8 of Spades. It was just too safe of a play. But the fact that player 4 won the book with the 9 of Spades, gave that team a book that they didn't count on. And that's what made it a horrible play.

On the final play of the hand, Woody would still be holding his Ace, his partner would have the Lil Joker, and player 4 would have the Big Joker, to win the book at the end. And of course, that would end up being the book that got Woody SET, and they'd have to go back -70 points.

JJ was Woody's Ace of Spades tonight, that he tried to hold onto too long. And that got him SET tonight.

I don't think I would have sat him for the entire 3rd quarter but I too can see what Woody was thinking and the truth is the we were only down 4 going into the 4th.

Question, would it have been better to be down 4 going into the 4th with a rested JJ having only 3 fouls or would it have been better to be even or up 2 going into the 4th with a tired JJ having 4 fouls? I can argue that one either way.

I don't think JJ (and Marvin) sitting is why we lost the game but rather our inability to defend at any time all night.

Quote:

He can have the Ace and King of Spades in his hand. But because the Big Joker and Little Joker are still in somebody's hand, he'll let someone cut a book without challenging it with his 2 high Spades, which lets them get a cheap book.

example: ( Woody and his partner bidded 7 for the hand. They have 5 books, with 4 more chances/plays of the hand to reach 7. Key play of the hand comes right here. )

player (1) - plays Jack of Hearts

player (2) - because she has no Hearts, cuts with a 5 of Spades

Woody is player (3) - He has the Ace, King, and 8 of Spades he can cut with.

Instead of being aggressive, and playing the Ace or the King, to force Player (4) to possibly cut over him with one of the Jokers if he has one, Woody would play the 8 of Spades and hope that would be enough to get the book or trick.

player (4) - who had the Big Joker, the 9, and the 4 of Spades to cut with, plays the 9 and wins the book.

Woody didn't make a horrible play by playing the 8 of Spades. It was just too safe of a play. But the fact that player 4 won the book with the 9 of Spades, gave that team a book that they didn't count on. And that's what made it a horrible play.

On the final play of the hand, Woody would still be holding his Ace, his partner would have the Lil Joker, and player 4 would have the Big Joker, to win the book at the end. And of course, that would end up being the book that got Woody SET, and they'd have to go back -70 points.

JJ was Woody's Ace of Spades tonight, that he tried to hold onto too long. And that got him SET tonight.

My man, are you high? Pass that ish lol