• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A challenge for all you 'Squawkers.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Based on their cumulative, per-36 stats compiled before they turned 23, name these two players:

Player #1 vs. Player #2

5.5 FG vs. 5.0 FG

11.3 FGA vs. 11.3 FGA

0.1 3P vs. 0.1 3P

0.6 3PA vs. 0.6 3PA

3.9 FT vs. 3.9 FT

5.3 FTA vs. 4.9 FTA

1.8 OReb vs. 1.7 OReb

4.3 DReb vs. 4.4 DReb

2.6 Asst vs. 1.7 Asst

1.1 Stl vs 0.9 Stl

0.7 Blk vs. 0.5 Blk

2.0 TO vs. 1.8 TO

3.2 PF vs. 3.4 PF

14.9 Pts vs. 14.0 Pts.

Here's a hint:

Player #1 added 3 pt. range at age 23 to go from a "good mid-range shooter" to a pivotal starter for a playoff team. He has never been chosen for an All-Star game, but came close this season. Is considered a good defender who helps his team, but is not a #1 option.

Quote:

Here's a hint:

Player #1 added 3 pt. range at age 23 to go from a "good mid-range shooter" to a pivotal starter for a playoff team. He has never been chosen for an All-Star game, but came close this season. Is considered a good defender who helps his team, but is not a #1 option.

You forgot to add that this player at age 22 , had always been a strong finisher and could drive from point A to point B without making a Charlie Brown style face plant.

I don't think his point was saying that Marvin will become the same type of player I think the focus of his point was that RJ (if that's who the player is) wasn't much of a 3pt shooter but he developed range out to there and that should be the hope for Marvin.

My hope is that Marvin's coordination just hasn't caught up to his size yet. I don't know how old he was when he got to his current height but if it was a big growth spurt maybe he just isn't completely used to it. You can see on his jump shots that he has tremendous hops and he appears very athletic out on the wings, he just doesn't fare too well when he gets into a crowd in the paint.

Quote:

I don't think his point was saying that Marvin will become the same type of player I think the focus of his point was that RJ (if that's who the player is) wasn't much of a 3pt shooter but he developed range out to there and that should be the hope for Marvin.

My hope is that Marvin's coordination just hasn't caught up to his size yet. I don't know how old he was when he got to his current height but if it was a big growth spurt maybe he just isn't completely used to it. You can see on his jump shots that he has tremendous hops and he appears very athletic out on the wings, he just doesn't fare too well when he gets into a crowd in the paint.

I would say his main problem is, that he tries to go 100 mph and looses control.

Even on some of his jumpshots it seems like he is trying to shoot the ball before he has even caught the pass.The guy needs to slow down and stop rushing things.

My guess would be Marvin and Josh Howard.

I remember writing something earlier in the season that stated that Marvin and Howard were progressing at almost the exact same rate in each of their first 3 years in the NBA.

I agree that the 3 point shot needs to be the next thing that Marvin adds to his offensive game.

But my guess is Josh Howard.

Quote:

Howard didn't play in the NBA before he was 23 and he already played in an allstar game.

You're right. But Marvin and Josh Howard are progressing at the same rate. The difference with Howard game in his 2nd year, when he got significant time in the playoffs, and played well. Maybe that's what Marvin needs to get him to that next level.

On the national stage, his defense may even get noticed, since the majority of the Squawk always rags him about his defensive effort.

It has been established that player #2 is Marvin Williams.

I will take a guess that player #1 is Hedo Turkoglu because you say they have never been an all-star and was close this year.

Quote:

It has been established that player #2 is Marvin Williams.

I will take a guess that player #1 is Hedo Turkoglu because you say they have never been an all-star and was close this year.

He also said he was a good defender , which eliminate Hedo.