• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Getting our pick back.

adrian

Phoenix is probabaly in love with chill and they keep trading their first rounders. Other teams out there might trade their pick also. Who do you think we could get at that point and would it really be worth it. So that i dont have to make another thread we are 9 under .500 with 13 games left what do you think our chances are of finishing at or above .500. Note:the only winning team we play is two games against orlando.

Quote:

Phoenix is probabaly in love with chill and they keep trading their first rounders. Other teams out there might trade their pick also. Who do you think we could get at that point and would it really be worth it.

We cant trade Childress for a pick in this years draft. He won't be under contract when the season is over.

Quote:

there are so many ways to get around that. A simple SnT

A simple SNT? Just one problem. A free agent can't be signed until the second week in July and the draft is in June.

Quote:

, or let Phoenix draft who we want and then trade for his rights

That would be a huge leap of faith for the suns, not to mention that Childress would have to agree to contract terms with them. And since you can't negotiate with a free agent before July 1 it is against the rules.

The only way we are getting our pick back (and honestly I don't think we need to add another 1st rounder this year) is if we buy it back and Phoenix may very well decide that they don't need the 14-16 pick we would be giving them since they have quite a lot of salary commitment already.

Quote:

I really don't want any rookies on the team next year. I think we have more than enough young players and that we need to move one or two of them and bring in some solid veterans that can contribute and fill roles.

QFT

The team needs to get a solid, vet C/PF. I would love a guy with size and strength (6'11-7'2" 260+ lbs). One guy we should try and get is Foster from Indiana. He is the sort of guy the Hawks need to add to the mix. He's not a post scorer, but the dude is a rebounding machine and is tough as nails.

Of course, this is the video game realm, but I just started my season on Live 08' and have the same team as the Hawks currently have except no JRich and I was able to trade Speedy to Miami for a 2009 2nd round pick! I did go out and sign Deke on a 1 yr. deal. My center rotation of Al/ZaZa/Deke is deadly! Even though, that's a game, I think something like that could be a good move for the Hawks. Deke would probably play for the vet minimum if he doesn't retire.

Quote:

I really don't want any rookies on the team next year. I think we have more than enough young players and that we need to move one or two of them and bring in some solid veterans that can contribute and fill roles.

Agreed !

I know is fun to have a pick so you have something to talk about in the off season on the squawk.......but we don't need any more boys. We need some battle tested vets who have been through some grinders.

I have not totally given up on Marvin yet either. Though I would trade him for a center or package him with ZaZa for a center upgrade.

or

just sign a center in free agency even if means Chills has to walk.

Quote:

I disagree, we don't have any depth especially when considering J. Childress current contract situation in doubt and can you count on Salim, Speedy, Solo, playing any meaningful minutes in the near future much less on the roster. Hell, I don't even see ZaZa sticking around near the trade deadline of next year.

I would love a veteran big but how many have we signed in the past 10 years?

• Premium Member

Quote:

You would rather have rookie depth than veteran depth? I didn't say we had to sign an old veteran, we can (and should) look to sign guys who have been in the league for 6-8 years to fill out the roster.

Intelligence and experience are not linked at the hip... Rather than look for veterans maybe we should be looking for players that play smart basketball.