• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's Going Fri to Chicago Game?

JackB1

I am going with my wife and wouldn't mind meeting some fellow Squawkers there if any of you are going. I will be in Sect 114 - Row S

Has the street cleanup/closings affected getting into town and Phillips? I usually take Northside all the way past the GA Dome and then swing around.

I'll be there. The seats by me are usually open if you decide to slide down.

Last week you couldn't go all the way in on Marietta St, glad to here that's fixed. Leaving they turned the one way south Spring St into a one way north street and got us out decently. You know after the game Friday night is when they begin work on the North bound side of the I75/85 connector also, so leaving out Marietta to Northside will be wise also.

I can't wait to ask BK if he can envision a scenario in which the team doesn't match offers for both Smoove and Chillz. It will be interesting to see how he phrases any response to that question.

I also plan to ask him why the team chose not to add any veteran "beef" after the Bibby trade. Zaza has been solid lately but I still think Dale Davis could provide some much needed toughness in spots off the bench.

I doubt I'll get to ask more than a couple of questions but does anyone have any they would like asked? And no, I won't ask him if he wanted to fire Woody. grin.gifgrin.gif No way he answers that question in that forum.

Quote:

I can't wait to ask BK if he can envision a scenario in which the team doesn't match offers for both Smoove and Chillz. It will be interesting to see how he phrases any response to that question.

I also plan to ask him why the team chose not to add any veteran "beef" after the Bibby trade. Zaza has been solid lately but I still think Dale Davis could provide some much needed toughness in spots off the bench.

I doubt I'll get to ask more than a couple of questions but does anyone have any they would like asked? And no, I won't ask him if he wanted to fire Woody.
grin.gifgrin.gif
No way he answers that question in that forum.

You could ask him why he is spending over $20 million on pgs when he could have just drafted Paul or Deron.

Naahhh that probably wouldn't go over too well.

I will be there tonight. I think my seats are in the 2nd lvl though. I plan on getting there early . I will either have on a blue josh smith jersey with my 2 sons in the same. Or I will have my Salim jersey and the boys in smith.

Quote:

These town hall meetings are always cringe-filled affairs.

It would be nice to have an owner or two show up to field a couple of questions. Not that we'll hear anything that we haven't heard before...

I just hope the promised refreshments are there.

What exactly are these "town hall meetings"???

Where season ticket holders meet up with Billy Knight and or one of the owners for a "town hall meeting" like Q & A.

Its seems like one of the main perks of being a season ticket holder. I hate to hear Lascar can't make it. He alwayse gave a good summary on a post in the squawk.

Quote:

I doubt I'll get to ask more than a couple of questions but does anyone have any they would like asked? And no, I won't ask him if he wanted to fire Woody.
grin.gifgrin.gif
No way he answers that question in that forum.

Would you please ask Billy Knight if he has made any plans to get "Team Dime" tattoo'd across his @ss cheeks?

Thanks

Quick notes from the Town Hall:

We have had talks with David Andersen's people. It seems likely that he will be here next year.

Speedy never had the microfracture done.

A trade will be our most likely move, if any, this summer.

A shooter and a true 5 are our obvious goals for the summer.

On the Woodson front, he says the rumors stem from conversations after the Bibby trade. When asked if there was anything else we could do, he cited the lack of trade assets after a 4 for 1 deal and said the only other move could be a coaching change. Take that for what you will.

Woodson certainly wasn't popular with the room.

Ok, tired of typing on the Blackberry and it's game time. Let's go Hawks.

Quote:

Who is David Andersen?

We drafted him in the 2nd round 3-4 years back, he plays for CSKA Moscow. He is a star over there. He is a 7 footer who shoots well, passes pretty well, but is thin and pretty soft. He makes big money and is a star over there so he hasn't come over because the money he's worth in the NBA isn't equal to what he makes over there. Plus he'd go from being a star to being a bench guy. But at this point, I'll take any 7 footer I guess.