• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nice Timing Mark Bradely!! ??

JackB1

What an as*!! We just grab a nice home win and seem poised to grab that last playoff spot and he puts out this garbage. Wouldn't it be better to out out something like this after the season is over? We have enough negativity around this city without Bradley piling it on.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...ll_not_goo.html

• Moderators

Right.

We got Bibby for nothing that we would have or need next season.

We have no draft pick so there is no 'disadvantage' to crawling into the playoffs.

No one in the east is untouchable

Playing significant games can only make our core players better

Bradley used to watch one game a year. Now I think he watches about 5. Still not really enough to base a column on. Sekou doesn't write about Nascar or the Dawgs. Why do they let Bradley write about the Hawks.

Quote:

No one in the east is untouchable

I don't know, man. The celts looked pretty strong last night...but hey, anything can happen.

Brad is such a tool. One benefit in moving out of the A is that I don't have to read his and Terence Moore's garbage anymore.

So what the hell is the point of his column? I hate Atlanta sports? We shouldn't have traded dead weight for a real player w an expiring 14 mil contract next year? We shouldn't make the playoffs because we might not be good next year?

What a d-bag.

Quote:

I don't know, man. The celts looked pretty strong last night...but hey, anything can happen.

Brad is such a tool. One benefit in moving out of the A is that I don't have to read his and Terence Moore's garbage anymore.

So what the hell is the point of his column? I hate Atlanta sports? We shouldn't have traded dead weight for a real player w an expiring 14 mil contract next year? We shouldn't make the playoffs because we might not be good next year?

What a d-bag.

I really couldn't tell you what the point of his column was? That we still suck? Gee thanks for the confidence boost smile.gif You can't judge Bibby's worth yet because he had that bad heel until maybe 3 games ago and has had his left thumb/finget taped together also. Not to mention the time it takes to get used to your teammates and them to you. I wouldn't blame the lack of defense on Bibby either. AJ and Lue were not the greatest defeensive players either. I think we started scoring more and the rest of the team doesn't always put in the effort needed on defense on some nights. We constantly get outrebounded and that's not Bibby's job either.

I dont understand why so many people are ripping this article. I swear, too many ATL fans wear rose-colored glasses and dont see the Hawks for who they really are. Bradley was on point with damn near everything he said. Just because it was a "negative" article, people want to say "Man, people always gotta complain" or "Damn, they can't say anything positive about the Hawks." It's sad really. He singled out Bibby because we made a major mid-season trade to get someone who would inevitably change the culture, style, and talent of our team. Bradley is right, we are BETTER with him (undeniable), but we still aren't good. It's not on Bibby either...we are just inconsistent as hell and won't make it anywhere deep with Woodson [and BK] here.

Trading for Bibby was a great idea. We traded nothing to get something good. However, we destroyed our bench depth in the process. Should that be a reason to badmouth the trade? Of course not. Our FO has done NOTHING to bring in extra depth (hell, bring someone up from the damn D League or something..Dale Davis?). THAT is where the problem lies.

Woodson has failed to develop his bench players (aside from Chill who is more of a freelancer who does his own thing anyway). Combine this with the fact that JJ (and now Bibby and Smoove) play ridiculous amounts of minutes night in and night out spells trouble. If, if we make the playoffs, that is when he will REALLY feel the pangs of not developing that bench because they will be needed more than ever. JJ and the others aren't men with S's on their collective chests...they will be burned out.

The Hawks have a long way to go before they can be a CONSISTENTLY good team. I'd love for them to make the playoffs, but with our team play, the Celtics or Pistons will hand us our asses. It's not pessimism, it's realism. Please learn the difference.

i think the article was pretty good, i mean we are a sub .500 team and this team still continues to screw around and not finish the job (kinda like in action movies when the villian has the hero to his knees and instead of shooting him in the head goes on a monologue of how he's finally gotten him to his knees) we still aren't good. houston is good, toronto is good, cleveland is good, we aren't good. hopefully with another summer of work and improvements across the board we can finally get to being actually good.

Quote:

What an as*!! We just grab a nice home win and seem poised to grab that last playoff spot and he puts out this garbage. Wouldn't it be better to out out something like this after the season is over? We have enough negativity around this city without Bradley piling it on.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...ll_not_goo.html

People think I exaggerate when I say our sports media is just as bad as New York.

How can New York be any worse than this?

We are on the verge of making the playoffs for the first time in a decade and people are posting BS like this even after runs. The Sekou Smith article was when we had momentum. This is when we had momentum. Schutlz is always making stuff when we have momentum

I hope the players use the haters as motivators

• Moderators

It deserves ripping. Bradley very rarely writes about the Hawks yet he chooses a time when we're in the 8th playoff spot winning 5 of 7 to say the Hawks aren't a good team. Wow! What a revelation. Were 10 games under .500. Really? you think we're not as good as the Celtics? I'm glad we have sports columnist to help us understand the game.

His point seemed to be that getting Bibby made us better but not good enough. Which would be a great point if we sacrificed our future to get him. But we didn't. So he really has no point other than to say 'if you think the Hawks are a contender then you're wrong' As my daughter would say 'what a jack rabbit'

Quote:

People think I exaggerate when I say our sports media is just as bad as New York.

You must be out of your damn mind.

This article is right on point. The journalists are there to report the truth and their opinion. This article is on the money from start to finish. At the end of the day:

Good news: Mike Bibby has made the Hawks better.

Bad news: He hasn’t made them good.

We still have the worst coach in the league, very little depth, no draft pick, and a very average GM at best. It's a step up from where we were, but it is not good.

• Moderators

That's quite a leap. I don't really care what he writes, but that doesn't mean we can't criticize it. When exactly does my time to call him an ass start and stop?

I think the article had questionable motivation or worse was just lazy. It provided no real insight or enlightening information. And it shows a typical pattern of the paper constantly focusing on the negatives about the Hawks (which there are plenty of) even when there are some good things happening. Down play it all you want but making the playoffs is a huge step for a team that hasn't made it in 8 years. Of course, we aren't there yet.

We're going to (hopefully) squeak into the Eastern playoffs with 30 something wins, which has only happened 2-3 times in the past 20 years. As he says, making the playoffs may seem nice, but it really doesn't mean much if you're not going anywhere.

I hear you about the constant negativity, but honestly we've been pretty bad for a while. And as of 2 months ago, most here criticized Sekou as being too close to the organization and never daring to say a bad word about them. That's how journalists are, different guys will have different opinions.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I dont understand why so many people are ripping this article. I swear, too many ATL fans wear rose-colored glasses and dont see the Hawks for who they really are. Bradley was on point with damn near everything he said. Just because it was a "negative" article, people want to say "Man, people always gotta complain" or "Damn, they can't say anything positive about the Hawks." It's sad really. He singled out Bibby because we made a major mid-season trade to get someone who would inevitably change the culture, style, and talent of our team. Bradley is right, we are BETTER with him (undeniable), but we still aren't good. It's not on Bibby either...we are just inconsistent as hell and won't make it anywhere deep with Woodson [and BK] here.

Trading for Bibby was a great idea. We traded nothing to get something good. However, we destroyed our bench depth in the process. Should that be a reason to badmouth the trade? Of course not. Our FO has done NOTHING to bring in extra depth (hell, bring someone up from the damn D League or something..Dale Davis?). THAT is where the problem lies.

Woodson has failed to develop his bench players (aside from Chill who is more of a freelancer who does his own thing anyway). Combine this with the fact that JJ (and now Bibby and Smoove) play ridiculous amounts of minutes night in and night out spells trouble. If, if we make the playoffs, that is when he will REALLY feel the pangs of not developing that bench because they will be needed more than ever. JJ and the others aren't men with S's on their collective chests...they will be burned out.

The Hawks have a long way to go before they can be a CONSISTENTLY good team. I'd love for them to make the playoffs, but with our team play, the Celtics or Pistons will hand us our asses. It's not pessimism, it's realism. Please learn the difference.

What I don't get about the repeated blasting of articles that FINALLY highlight the truth here is that THEY ARE SPEAKING THE TRUTH! People complain about TIMING (WTF?) after JJ says this, after Moore prints that, after Sekou prints this. BUT IT IS ALWAYS THE TRUTH!

It's as if the timing of articles has been keeping the Hawks down for the last 5 years and not the ASG/BK/Woody. IF ONLY someone had timed an article right before the SW draft that highlighted the idiocy of drafting him much less promising him at 5. IF ONLY someone had called out the MW hype right before the MW draft. Now that was some poor "timing".

W

Quote:

That's quite a leap. I don't really care what he writes, but that doesn't mean we can't criticize it. When exactly does my time to call him an ass start and stop?

I think the article had questionable motivation or worse was just lazy. It provided no real insight or enlightening information. And it shows a typical pattern of the paper constantly focusing on the negatives about the Hawks (which there are plenty of) even when there are some good things happening. Down play it all you want but making the playoffs is a huge step for a team that hasn't made it in 8 years. Of course, we aren't there yet.

Your thoughts scream naive. Bradley is a damn good writer. Everything he has said is right. I've said all of those things for the two years I've been posting here. It is what it is. He is not lazy, and to compare him with Moore is just silly and underscores the position of ignorance that you are coming from. There could not be two writers with a wider disparity of opinion.

Making the playoffs with a record way under .500 and feeling good about it, is for losers. I absolutely don't give a damn about watching us on TNT getting our asses handed to us by the Celtics or Pistons. I've got memories, you know?

Playing good basketball builds for the next season. We are not doing that. I'm so sick of all the garbage rhetoric regarding "making the playoffs". If you have a general understanding of basketball, there is no way you could feel good about the way the Hawks have played this year.

• Moderators

We've played the way we've played. So you'd rather not make the playoffs than make the playoffs?

Just because Moore and Bradley don't agree doesn't make either of them damn good writers.

My point is not that he is wrong about the Hawks not being a good team but that the article just states the obvious and vaguely criticizes a good move (getting Bibby) with the nonsensical observation that it depleted our bench..for the rest of the season...a season that apparently doesn't matter.

Being a damn good writer isn't defined by everything you say being right. It should be insightful. Looking at the Hawks at the end of March with 31 wins and writing an article whose whole point is the Hawks aren't that good is mastering the obvious.

Quote:

Just because Moore and Bradley don't agree doesn't make either of them damn good writers.

very true. Who compared him to Moore anyway? I mentioned that I don't enjoy either one's work. I don't think that "underscore(s)" a "position of ignorance."

Quote:

My point is not that he is wrong about the Hawks not being a good team but that the article just states the obvious and vaguely criticizes a good move (getting Bibby) with the nonsensical observation that it depleted our bench..for the rest of the season...

Right. Because we were building the dynasty with Tyronne Lue, Shelden Williams and Anthony Johnson. I would submit that there are still "bodies" [as Bradley put it] on the bench, and they have potential to be more than the NBA also-rans that Lue, AJ, and the slum-lord are. They are, however, young bodies; and as a disciple of Larry Brown, Woody does not trust young players.

Quote:

Being a damn good writer isn't defined by everything you say being right. It should be insightful. Looking at the Hawks at the end of March with 31 wins and writing an article whose whole point is the Hawks aren't that good is mastering the obvious.

I second.

People around here just can't have any fun.

Even though you banged the fat chick, you still got laid. Enjoy it...you never know when the next time is coming around.

Bunch of downers around here.

Quote:

So drawing conclusions from your post, journalists should be banned from saying negative things about their home team if they're making a playoff run. When exactly does this ban start and stop?

If your team is playing their best basketball in 10 years and have one of the brightest futures in the league with the 4th youngest roster, you don't write trash like this