• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dermarr Johnson with the Grizzlies Summer Team.

HawkTodd

Griz mini-camp mixes hard drills, instruction (7-4-03).

http://www.gomemphis.com/mca/grizzlies/article/0,1426,MCA_475_2087859,00.html

Jones spent extra time after practice with former Hawks guard DerMarr Johnson working on his three-point shot.

....................................................................................

Griz summer camp roster (7-3-03).

http://www.gomemphis.com/mca/grizzlies/article/0,1426,MCA_475_2084674,00.html

DerMarr Johnson, G, 6-9, Cincinnati, Hawks 2001-02

1678311464.jpg

What does this mean?

Is DerMarr already gone?

Is he a Grizzley now?

Did we just get run over and didn't even see it coming??

???????????????????????

???????????????????????

he is tentatively listed as being on their summer league team. Apparently there is no guarantee about him being a Grizzly, so lets just hope that he gives the Hawks the first chance to sign him and that the Hawks actually do want to sign him. I can tell you this though, if the Hawks just let Dermarr walk I am going to be very disappointed. This just makes me sick to my stomach to even think about. I dont know why the team wouldnt even make an announcement about this either since its a pretty substantial happening IMO. So, we have lost Ira, Dion, and DJ now this offseason. That is pretty [censored] depressing. McDavid is screwing up this entire offseason for our team and killing us. What a waste so far.

WHOA! What's going on here. Why isn't he with us? He should be on our summer league team. This is confusing me. I thought we were going to resign him. What will we have then? We need him. Glover and Newble are not gone yet, there is still a possibility one of them would resign, but if we let DJ go along with them, then that is not a smart move at all. I do not get this. Although there are rumors that we might get James Posey, this just makes my stomach drop.

Why are you guys so upset about this? Johnson is coming off a very serious neck injury, and there is no guarantee that he will be the same player as before. And, by the way, the player he was before wasn't all that great. He never really showed me that he would live up to being a lottery pick. Even if the Hawks don't get Posey, I don't think this is that big of a loss. And don't blame McDavid. It's not his fault that the sale is taking so long. And don't make Dion, Dermarr, and Ira sound like Bird, Parrish, and Mchale. The Hawks didn't make the playoffs with them, so they can't do much worse without them.

to start to live up to his potential. Most people who understand how difficult it is to play in the NBA don't expect a 19 year old kid to come in and be an impact player right away. It takes time for these young kids to come in and develop. Even if DJ had played a full season last year, I still think he would have had his ups and downs. Unfortunately, his accident delayed his development but assuming he come back healthy, he has a chance to be an outstanding player in this league.

People who expected guys like Kwame Brown, Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry and Jonathan Bender to come in and be factors on winning teams were either naive or dumb. Those same people are expecting LeBron James to come in and average 20+ ppg this year. LeBron has a chance to be great but if he averages 13 ppg, he will have had a GREAT season compared to other players who went straight from highschool to the NBA. LeBron's hype SHOULD be about what he COULD be doing 4 years from now as a 22 year old, not about he will do in the next season or two.

Amen!

even with James, i see the CAVs being one of the worse teams in the EAST. Sure hes a superstar but look at the competition hes been facing- its top level HIGH SCHOOL. He didnt even face top level basketball yet... therefore how on earth do people expect James to score 20 ppg, 10 rpg, 10 apg in his rookie year.

Im guessing 12 ppg...