• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Terry to wait new ownership out/Turned down 5yr 36

im one of JTs biggest fans and even i dont think even think 7/$70 would be the best move for us... anything higher than 7/70 requires a sign and trade.

Sure Bibby + Davis got big money, but im sure JT thinks hes in the same tier as they are... (which i believe he is)

but then again, i bet the KINGS are kicking themselves in their butt for giving BIBBY that contract. As for Davis- his team goes to the playoffs... if JT took us to the playoffs, he prob would get the same offer as those two.

i think 7 years for 55-60 sounds good....

So, when the Hornets don't make the playoffs this year, is Baron Davis going to be worth that money?

You can't judge a player by the games his team wins. The only thing you can judge a player by are his individual statistics and what actually happens on the floor. Considering that, Jason Terry is definitely a candidate for that type of contract.

He is not an undersized shooting guard. He is a guard that makes things happen. He scores as well as gets his teammates involved.

I guarantee you that if Jason Terry is resigned and Glenn Robinson is dumped, JT will average at least 21 ppg and 8 apg next season, putting him in the elite class of point guards, IMO.

whoa there! im not attacking JT at all. Im just stating the fact that he probably wants the same money as Bibby/Davis (which from a talent point of view- is FAIR).

But suppose, for argument sake that those GMs admitted to making the mistake of giving them that big of a deal. Who benefits? 2 guys- Davis/Bibby... who gets hurt the most- guys like JT.

Im not saying that Davis deserves all that money. I have no say on whether or not he deserves that much... i could care less if Malone got $2 million or $10 million throught sign and trade from the lakers... i try to keep my focus on the hawks.

-------------------------------------------------------

Yes I admit, u dont judge a player by the number of games his team wins. In that case- LeBron James shouldnt be making much, same with Elton Brand, Lamar Odom, etc...

But thats how other GMs think. Take Hornets point of view.

Their clear superstar is Davis/Mashburn. Wesley is a great role player for them who tends to shine in certain moments. Brown/Campbell were two very underrated big man for tat team. So u got the basic team and the team goes to the playoffs on a consistant basis (Since the drafting of Davis). The time comes to talk about $$$ with Davis, wouldnt u pay the man? U got success every year, why wouldnt u pay the man? u dont want to [censored] him off and let him walk away from u (like SHAQ in orlando). As good as Brown/Campbell are, they can be replaced easier than a BARON DAVIS... get wat i mean?

All im saying is that IF we went to the playoffs last year, the hawks would give JT more money than he would get this year. THey prob (like DIESEL) use that "u dont take us to the playoffs" excuse and JT prob do his share of negociating and get the best price available.

But wat if we made the playoffs last year and JT had the same numbers, I think he'd get BIBBY/DAVIS type contracts as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dont assume the hornets wont make the playoffs. While i respect ur opinion, i do believe the hornets have just as good as a chance as the other teams in the EAST to make the playoffs.

The Falcons beat the Packers and had a successful season when everyone thought they needed a year or two to be successful.

And as for GROB.. i want the guy out of here too... but not for a bag of cheetos.

I do believe JTs number would increase without GROB... i do believe going with ABDUR-RAHIM as our first option = our best game plan. I do believe that Robinson messes up our gameplane and doesnt give SAR enuf touches.

Yet, im not willing to gve GROB up for ROBERT HORRY. If JT wasnt the shooter he is, and if REEF wasnt the inside presence he is... i'd be HAPPY with keeping GROB.

Heres how i see it...

1)change our whole team image. Start with stratch and make all the necessary changes and keep Robinson. This may mean trade JT + REEF since they dont play well with Robinson.

2)keep JT + REEF since they seem to have some chemistry and get rid of Robinson... then make minor adjustments and go from there

#2 is the clear easier ROUTE...

---------------------------------------------------------

last but not least, with the assumption that NEWBLE will be gone... will that have an effect in trading GROB? if we trade GROB and cant keep NEWBLE, was there a point to the trade?

• Premium Member

Individual stats are good, but if you went by Individual stats over team play, then J. R. Rider would be the best player the Hawks have ever had.

Moreover, what we have seen in the past 4 years with JT is that NO TEAM works with JT on it. It is because He is NOT a PG that makes things happen (as you say). It's because he is an undersized SG who needs a compliment of the right players around him to make the team winners.

Let's be real here. Put Andre' Miller (a real PG) with this team and take JT out and I betcha that we win enough games to get into the playoffs.

It has nothing to do with JT's ability to score... That's what SGs do. It has everything to do with JT's ability to run an offense.

Had Email been good enough to fulfill why he came, where do you think JT would play??? If you say PG, you're fooling yourself.

Look over JT's history.

We brought in Email to play with JT.

JT's Best stretch was when Toni played Point Forward and JT didn't have to worry about handling the offense.

We now have drafted Diaw for no other reason but to free up JT to be the SG that he is.

IF you believe that JT is our PG, then you are seriously diluting yourself. We might put him in as a 1 but his play is definitely not that of a 1. That has nothing to do with his ability to score KB...BUT everything to do with his inability to run the offense. So when you try to throw JT in with Davis, Francis, and Marbury, remember, those Guys can run their teams offenses. Those guys are real PGs. JT is a SG.

He is not an undersized shooting guard. He is a guard that makes things happen. He scores as well as gets his teammates involved."

Coming down court and handing the ball to Dog is not

making your team better.It's putting Dog in the worst

possible position....Creating his own shot.

i don't like Miller...and I don't think we'd make the playoffs

with him(He surely didn't help the teams he was on)but

we'd have a more order on the offensive end....But we'd

be just as bad on defense and we'd still lose.

I mean. I did not hear all this moaning and groaning when CC got a contract. Are you guys saying that CC is more valuable than JT? I mean I like CC but I don't think he made the team or his contract just on his talent. I think a lot depended on his heart and hustle. That’s what you guys are saying that JT has. So it is fair that CC gets the money and JT gets the so sorry so sad treatment. Com'n. Remember the statement "so goes JT so goes the Hawks” He was the teams motivation if nothing else. I am not saying we need an overpaid cheerleader ala Lon Krueger. I am just saying JT brought a lot to this team. All he is saying is show me you appreciate me for the past and I will give you more the future. Give the man the money.