• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No way Fords shot should count

NJHAWK

I dont care if they protest, lol. You cannot catch the ball bring it in to your chest then try to lay it in the basket all in .5 seconds. Just watch it and any one with half a brain knows he had the ball longer than a half of a second.

Quote:

I dont care if they protest, lol. You cannot catch the ball bring it in to your chest then try to lay it in the basket all in .5 seconds. Just watch it and any one with half a brain knows he had the ball longer than a half of a second.

That's the whole point that Smitty was trying to make. Unfortunately, I have not been able to watch the shot in dispute, but it appears as though the right call was made. I wouldn't be too surprised if Toronto challenge.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Dude.

It was a perfect pass.

Our defense SuCKED on that play.

AND

The clock started early.

Watch the play again!

Quote:

Quote:

That's the whole point that Smitty was trying to make. Unfortunately, I have not been able to watch the shot in dispute, but it appears as though the right call was made. I wouldn't be too surprised if Toronto challenge.

Unless one of our players tipped the ball, the clock definitely started too soon. It started at .5, and was at .4 when he first touched the ball. That said, from what people are saying about how the refs control the clock in that situation, I don't think it will be overturned.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Unless one of our players tipped the ball, the clock definitely started too soon. It started at .5, and was at .4 when he first touched the ball. That said, from what people are saying about how the refs control the clock in that situation, I don't think it will be overturned. i think that is the case and the reason it will not be overturned.If the league some how rules anything other than a hawks win,and we have to replay OT or some [censored] im gonna be pissed to the max

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Unless one of our players tipped the ball, the clock definitely started too soon. It started at .5, and was at .4 when he first touched the ball. That said, from what people are saying about how the refs control the clock in that situation, I don't think it will be overturned.

Yea Floyd, I JUST got a chance to watch the replay of it on ESPN. Unfortunately, they did not show the sequences before the actual layup (like the inbound pass and when the shot clock started). As the guy above me stated, it may not be overturned because of the way the refs control the clock.

Quote:

I didn't say that I don't think that ... quite frankly I don't want to live in a country where such a recognizable man would be mistaken for some nutty Hawks fan.

Hah, I fit half the description probably, but I'm only 24. I bet if you asked 10 random people, there might be 1 who knew who was in that pic, though.

Quote:

I'd usually agree, but I'm not even sure they can protest that since the refs reviewed the video and still called it the way they did.

When the refs reviewed the play, they were only looking to see if the ball was released BEFORE the clock went to 0.00. But the clock did go from .05 to .04 BEFORE Ford even touched the ball. But you should get that "extra" fraction of a second at home anyway. And then we kicked butt in the OT anyway, so Raps go noone to blame but themselves. I would be shocked if the NBA overrules and gives Toronto the win.