• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I tend to not get angry about things but...

jeddelong

The Grizzlies played their first game in L.A. on Monday, defeating the Canadian National team 102-81. Free agent DerMarr Johnson scored 25 points, including 18 points in the third quarter, to lead the Grizzlies. Johnson is attempting to get back into the league after being injured in an automobile accident last September. At one point Hawks team doctors weren't sure if he'd ever be able to play again. However, Johnson has been working out at IMG all summer in Florida and looks great, according to several players who have seen him play. A strong summer league performance could make the former No. 6 pick a hot commodity. Rookie Troy Bell added 19 points and point guard Earl Watson had 15 points and 10 assists. The Grizzlies' other first-round pick, Dahntay Jones, missed the game with a mild knee injury.

In reply to:

Jerry West has always been a great judge of talent. I wish DJ well. Too Bad our management wouldn't move their feet to get DJ back in the family.

Agree 100%

I think he might end up as one of those "feel good" storys, just wish it would have been with the Hawks.

It looks to me, with all respect due to Jerry West, that Memphis got taken on the trade with Orlando.

Giricek put up numbers quite comparable to Miller. Gooden was extra icing on the cake.

To me, Orlando came out way on top in that trade.

• Premium Member

I think you have to look at the purpose of such a trade. I think Memphis is moving out possible Cap Space players so that they can make a push for Kobe next season. Talentwise, Orlando is in a better spot... BUt what will Memphis have to offer the Lakers for Kobe (SNT) (Swift/Miller/Gasol)?

Moreover, when I say he's a good Judge of talent...

I'm talking about the guy who:

1. Drafted Nick Van Exel late in the draft.

2. Drafted Eddie Jones Late in the draft.

3. Traded Vlade for Kobe.

4. Drafted Magic/Worthy/Elden Campbell.

5. Always put his Laker teams in a position to win.