• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF.........

Diesel

the only two people that I wanted for the Hawks job before they went with Lonnie was Scott or Carlisle...

If NJ is stupid enough to fire Scott it would be ridiculous. Just do a sign and trade with Kidd and ship him out of town.

Byron Scott is a highly overrated coach. I watched him make terrible move after terrible move in the finals. He does not make the right substitution moves and does not know how to adjust to the flow of the game. I would stay away from him...

My wish list

1a.Carlisle

1b.Fratello

2.Stotts

3.Alex English

4.Nique (he wants to coach...why not here?)

J

I definitely grab Carlisle over Scott. Scott had the best PG in the league to go with great finishers in Kittles, Martin and Jefferson. Carlisle had a team of average talent and no MVP caliber player. Although Ben Wallace has to be one of my favorite players in this league, he's not up there with Jason Kidd, yet, as far as game changers.

• Premium Member

If we keep JT:

1. Fratello

2. Stotts

3. English

4. Scott

5. Carlisle

6. Dunleavy Jr.

Now, here's why I see it this way:

1. Fratello has been in this situation before. Rebuilding a team which had no identity. He did it in Cleveland. He has also been in a situation where he had to build a star... Nique. He has also been in a situation where he had to take many star players and make them work together. Nique, Theus, Malone.

2. Stotts at the least deserves a chance.

3. IF Stotts bolts to Chicago, English is next in line and English has paid his dues... Sorta like Cartwright did.

4. Of those Left, Scott is better.

5. Carlisle scares me because of his abrasiveness. With all these openings left... I wonder why there is no one beating down his door?

6. Dunleavy Jr. I would take him... BUt not readily.

1. Rick Carlisle - The guy can coach. The Hawks would win 50 games next season with their current line up if they hire him.

2. Mike Fratello - He's the best teacher of defense in the NBA, and he knows how to structure things around the talent he has.

3. Terry Stotts - He deserves the chance. This team took on some good habits once he took over.

4. Rolondo Blackmon - He has paid his dues on a good Dallas staff.

5. Alex English - I'm interested in seeing what he could do with the job. Did a good job in the NBDL as a head coach.

i agree with ur first 3 choices KB21.

Carilse only had 1 very good defensive player at center and two 2nd option scorers in Hamilton and Billups. Robinson/AbdurRahim/Terry are all better scorers than Hamilton or Billups. Yes Ben Wallace is 2x better than Ratliff (if Ratliff would pull up those rebounding numbers, they would be equal), but Carilse sure does know how to get his team to win.

But i donno, how on earth do u fire a guy with such a good resume?

• Premium Member

My Prediction is that NJ fires Scott and Hires Carlisle. I think Fratello would be the best fit here but I'm willing to give Stotts More time if he sticks around. I think he goes to Chicago as their top assistant.

I mean, Cartwright is skating on thin ice. He didn't see eye to eye with Krause and I don't think Paxson wants the younguns going undeveloped for too long either. That means that Stotts could be in place to take over...This time with no ownership questions. If Newble and Stotts ends up in Chicago, how great would that be for him:

He could actually develop:

Crawford/Rose/Newble/Chandler/Curry.

And I happen to think that Rose is on his way out too.