• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Americas Most Miserable Sports Cities

ncthompson11

Quote:

http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/08/sports-at...ner=yahoosports

Atlanta is #1. This doesnt hurt me much since I live in NC but I still love the hawks and braves.

It's terrible man. Passionate Atlanta sports fans suffer like no other. Even when things are going good, we expect our fortune to shift. At times, I expect a choke just to avoid disappointment. As of right now, I'm not really confident the Hawks won't choke away their 2 game lead with 3 or 4 games to go. The Braves were picked by many to win the NL East, but are 3-6. The Falcons are god-forsaken and the Thrashers are inconsistent. Thank God we are blessed with our Georgia Bulldogs. Without that, this city as a whole might've X'ed out sports altogether.

Quote:

I am a die hard hawks fan I root for the Braves but dont watch them and I could care less about the thrashers and falcolns

What he said but I will watch some of the braves games. I just became a baseball fan last year. I can't believe I watched about 10-20 games of baseball for the first time in my life. LOL

It was the Tex trade that got me watching and a braves fan.

Before that, I had maybe watched 2 MLB games. One was the Braves-Pitt game when Barry Bonds was a Pitt player.

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/08/sports-at...ner=yahoosports

Atlanta is #1. This doesnt hurt me much since I live in NC but I still love the hawks and braves.

It's terrible man. Passionate Atlanta sports fans suffer like no other. Even when things are going good, we expect our fortune to shift. At times, I expect a choke just to avoid disappointment. As of right now, I'm not really confident the Hawks won't choke away their 2 game lead with 3 or 4 games to go. The Braves were picked by many to win the NL East, but are 3-6. The Falcons are god-forsaken and the Thrashers are inconsistent. Thank God we are blessed with our Georgia Bulldogs. Without that, this city as a whole might've X'ed out sports altogether.

You can't really count the Bulldogs as an Atlanta team. People around here really don't like to claim GT as their own. lol.

The Braves still have 100+ games to go, and they've got a real good team this year, so I'm not too worries about that. The Falcons need Jesus, and the Thrashers are confused.

But I do agree. Anytime you have more fans for the visiting team (or player) show up than for the home team, that's a problem. The radio stations don't help either, the newspaper is a joke (Anybody could've figured that one out when they saw them handing out GO SAINTS signs at a game.), and the bulk of fans are turned off unless a team has a 60 win season. It's really a sad case, but I still love my teams here. (Except for the colleges. Y'all can have your Bulldogs & Jackets. I'll take the Liberty Bowl Champion-perennial NCAA basketball and baseball Tournament Missisippi State Bulldogs anyday. laugh.gif)

I disagree. There are lots of worse off cities when it comes to sports.

The Braves have been one of the best teams in the Natl league over the past 10 years.

The Thrashers made the playoffs last year, but have been bad this year. The Hawks have been improving steadily and will make the playoffs this year. The Falcons were a respectable team, but are hurting big time without a good QB and WR's.

I love the sports of Atlanta and also love that it's kind of the center of the SEC. Being able to see the SEC Tourney and the FINAL FOUR Last year was great.

How about places like: Miami, Milwaukee, Memphis, Tampa, Kansas City, Washington

Quote:

not to mention the great city of Cleveland. Polls always seem to link ATL to the worst. Fuggit

Indeed. I mean hell, at least we have a somewhat recent world championship for this city. At least compared to Cleveland. The last time Cleveland won a world championship in sports was 1948. Not to mention it's not the most desirable place to live in the first place, and I'd say Cleveland is a miserable sports city. (Even though people already think that LeBron's brought at least 2 automatic championships to the city.)