• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question about al

Supporter

Kenny the jet smith aka person who thinks that we have a "joe smith" on our team actually brought up an interesting point

he said," that if seattle picked al and if al was switched with durant that they wouldnt have come this far. I really like al and i thought that he is a really good 3 pick but this is maybe another reason that he isnt rookie of the year.

Quote:

Kenny the jet smith aka person who thinks that we have a "joe smith" on our team actually brought up an interesting point

he said," that if seattle picked al and if al was switched with durant that they wouldnt have come this far. I really like al and i thought that he is a really good 3 pick but this is maybe another reason that he isnt rookie of the year.

that doesn't make sense. How far has Seatlle come? They are 18-61.

He made a good point although it's hard to say whether or not it's true that Seattle wouldn't win 18 games with Horford instead of Durant. I don't think they need Durant's points as much as they could use Horfords rebounding, hustle, and leadership. All in all they would probably win about the same amount of games.

Kenny Smith would be lying if he said he's watched the Hawks or Sonics more than a handful of times, so his opinion on either is worthless IMO. His comment s also dumb because Durant is not only inefficient offensively....but he's also a horrible defender. Eddy Curry is the only starter in the entire league with a worse =/- than Durant.

Quote:

I disagree. Seattle need a good PF that can rebound and defend. Al would mean more to the Sonics right now than Durant. Not to say Durant won't be a really good player in the future. I think if Durant was with the Hawks not only would his scoring avg be lower he would've had significantly less playing time because his D would've been a detriment to the team. On the other hand if Horford was with the Sonics both his rebounds and scoring avg would be higher. I say hands down Horford the clear choice for ROY.

I don't necessarily think that ROY should be based on those criteria. It seems to me to be the MVP but for rookies. Most people that claim Durant as ROY do so claiming his age (19) as if it really even matters. People seem to be picking him more because of potential than results to his team.

I find it hard to put Durant's flash over Horford's substance in the ROY vote, but Marc Stein and all those that love PPG will have a loud voice in voting. Anyone know if this is a Coach vote or Media vote? I want to say it is media and if that is the case then Al could be screwed.

Quote:

Obviously the "jet" has been grounded and needs inspection for such an stupid comment.

The Sonics are not any better with durant, they are where we were three years ago (amassing talent).

Of all the picks we have made over the years, Big Al is my fav. I wished we picked up a point instead of Sheldon Williams but that is spilt milk.

I have no idea what "the jet" meant but Seattle has only won a little more than half the games they did last year. What progress that is!

I will admit I have not seen many, if any, Seattle games but just because he is putting up numbers doesn't win him the award. His team is worse this year with him than last year without him and that shouldn't be rewarded