• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Playoffs or new Coach/GM which excites you more?

khaos7

I was ecstatic when I found out Indy lost and we clinched a playoff berth. Then I thought about it; which excites Hawks' fans more? The notion of getting rid of a regime that has underperformed, under produced, and underachieved? Or making it to the playoffs after nearly a decade? Which excites you more? The anticipation of making the playoffs? Or reading a breaking news update on ESPNews stating Billy Knight and Mike Woodson will not be retained?

PLAYOFFS!

The whole point is to win the trophy and that starts with entering the tournament.

Not to mention that a great GM with a bottom 3 payroll is kind of like taking a FUGLY girl to Bloomingdale's for a shopping spree. You'll still leave with an ugly girl, wearing couture, but still BUTT ugly.

Yup, I'm very glad to see us make the playoffs and I'll be there watching. However, I'm just hoping we don't get blown away in more than one game, and one win would be nice in my mind. Two or three wins and I'd still probably be just as excited thinking about next year than the playoffs.

To me the bigger deal than the new coach is what we do with our players. Is Anderson really coming over? Do we also find another center? How much will Smoove and Chillz get? Who do we get for our bench to replace Salim etc? Was Acie injured or will he play much more next year, especially with a new coach?

The playoffs will be quite the exciting time for us fans, and after a long drought, I am glad we are back.

However, as many know, this should not be the "Get Out of Jail Free" card that Woodson [and BK] need to stay here. They both need to go.

I sure hope we end up having both instead of just the playoffs. Nevertheless, bring on Boston!

The good thing about it is that they play on the road first... so any steals would take off tremendous pressure while Boston has to hold ground.

But back to the main question... the notion that the coach will be fire or not is uncertain at this point; if you were to say that the ASG will announce their firing of Woody and that TNT will announce their playoff schedule on the same day, which one would I'd be more excited for... and stay up late to see?

That's pretty easy...

Hawks are going to the playoffs! Our coach & our G.M. will still be with Atlanta as they

enter the Playoffs and still be here when we exit the Playoffs, no matter how short

or long our stay happens to be.

So, the question is, what are we more excited about:

1- Something we know that is going to happen - The Playoffs!

OR

2- Something that might or might not happen sometime in the future.

Gee. Hard question.

I vote Playoffs!!

Quote:

I was ecstatic when I found out Indy lost and we clinched a playoff berth. Then I thought about it; which excites Hawks' fans more? The notion of getting rid of a regime that has underperformed, under produced, and underachieved? Or making it to the playoffs after nearly a decade? Which excites you more? The anticipation of making the playoffs? Or reading a breaking news update on ESPNews stating Billy Knight and Mike Woodson will not be retained?

The playoffs excite me.

We are in the playoffs man..... It's been nine...nine years since I been able to say that.

Mookie, Smitty and the crew held the torch then. They were "mature" players on the back side of their prime. Now we have young players leading the charge. I am just happy we won't have to sit, wonder and watch from the sidelines; glad we have a dog in the fight.

Nevertheless Woody must be terminated unless he can pull the upset and defeat Boston.

Quote:

What a foolish question.

Playoffs by far.

The reason we wanted a new coach was to help us make the PLAYOFFS.

This is our first post-season trip this century.

What a freaking dumb question

we made the playoffs but I still want the coach and GM gone but to answer your question,playoffs.I didn't just want a new coach for just a playoff appearance,I wanted a good team that can beat any team on any givin night,without it just being "their night".