• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN Insiders Joke of the Day? for Jaywalker.....

Admin

In reply to:

Orlando is still actively dangling Mike Miller and Armstrong as bait to land a big man. Trade scenarios reportedly have the Magic interested in Golden State's Danny Fortson, Chicago's Marcus Fizer or Atlanta's Nazr Mohammed.

Of course, the problem with two of those scenarios is that they add a player (Fortson or Mohammed) with a large long-term contract. Fizer has a more workable deal, but doesn't have the upside of Fortson (fourth in the NBA in rebounding) or
Mohammed (a strong shot blocker).

Wow, are they talking about a different Mohammed? If not then man why dont we trade them Theo and get Miller/Hunter/pick(s).........Nazr can be our shotblocking intimidating trash talking center.......LMAO smile.gif

Actually, I would love to trade:

Theo/CC for Miller/Hunter

and

Armstrong to GS for Hughes(SNT).

We'd have to put some weight on Hunter though...

Hunter/Nazr

SAR/Hendu/Smith

Miller/Toni

DJ/Hughes/Glover

JT/DD

I was reading that Insider earlier and when I read that about Mohammed I nearly choked on my Cereal. Espn has absolutely no clue when it comes to the hawks. And I would wager that they don't know about 85% of the teams in the NBA.

Everytime I start to think ESPN might actually know something they say something outlandish like, Mohammed (a strong shot blocker). LOL

Every time I read that I can't stop laughing.

Hell, he won't start over DeClerq. Orlando can keep him. I'd MUCH rather have Miller/DeClerq for Nazr.

It's hilarious that you are willing to start Hunter as long as it means Theo gets traded. You have the audacity to call Theo undersized and then propose that we start Hunter at Center? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Hell, DJ is almost as strong as Hunter (if DJ has gained 15 pounds over the summer, he's probably stronger)! Your efforts to trade Theo have gone beyond ridiculous and have now become preposterous. Why don't we trade Theo for Pat Ewing? I mean hey, Ewing is a true Center and he can still block some shots. he could teach Nazr all the tricks of the trade. Pretty soon, Nazr would be the most dominant Center in the league. Shaq had better watchout! Here comes Nazr!

Actually, Hunter is a young Theo.

Too light in the a** to be a C but blocks shots exceptionally well.

As far as weather or not he would start over Nazr... It depends on how much weight he gained this summer.

Secondly... My agenda is not to get rid of Theo... My agenda is to get the best team possible on the floor. I see Theo as an important chip.. However, his important is just as valuable in trade as it is on the floor. You take the time to reason that out... The problem becomes when his value on the floor slips... When that happens... and it might..... Then his trade value will be bad too.

In other words, as I have told you diehards for the last yr and 1/2 AND HAVE YET TO BE PROVEN WRONG ON THIS....

We ought to trade Theo while he has high value.

Hunter is a long way away from being the answer for anybody at Center. You think Orlando would even CONSIDER Miller for Nazr if they thought Hunter was as good as Nazr? I read somewhere that Gabriel is waiting to see what Rashard Griffith and Hunter do this summer before he will consider trading Miller. I don't know about Griffith but if he's waiting on Hunter, Miller had better start packing his bags to go elsewhere.

Theo has more value to us healthy and on the floor than he does in trade. His trade value is not very high right now BECAUSE he hasn't been playing. If he comes out and plays well, that will not only help the team, it will increase his trade value. The thing is though, if he comes out and plays well, why would we want to trade him?

Well, he's 6'10....looks good in a uniform....

He must block shots!

They don't know anything about us, yet the nation takes their collective word for all things sports.

I love ESPN...I thank heavens that I was a young man in the golden age of the fledgling network and they brought sports into the forefront and made it avaliable to the masses like Nobody else before or after them.

I just learned I don't have to take their word for it...

• Premium Member

Theo came into the league

6'10 205.

Hunter came into the leauge

6'11 224.

Hunter came into the leaaue weighing as much as Theo does now.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steven_hunte...x.html?nav=page

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/theo_ratliff...x.html?nav=page

Compare the rookie years... If you normalize them to the same thing, Hunter as a rook was better than Theo.

No, you got it dead wrong Trace. Hunter don't dream about Theo. Hunter will be better than Theo.

Guest Walter

In reply to:

"My agenda is not to get rid of Theo... My agenda is to get the best team possible on the floor."

Your trade suggestion was Theo and CC for Armstrong/Miller/&Hunter. Put aside whether Orlando would trade 2 of its starters (particularly Armstrong when they have no BU much less a starter quality replacement) and the player you pathetically proclaim as "the next Theo".

Then you trade Armstrong for Larry Hughes (forgetting that he is an unrestricted FA, meaning he would have to agree to a sign and trade OR that he could simply be signed as a FA by us - conceivably for less money - without trading a player away). In otherwords, we could JUST AS EASILY (if not more easily given that a trade with GS may be complicated salary-wise or simply because 3 parties and not just 2 would have to agree to such a move) sign Larry Hughes as a FA.

Note: because Orlando is considering trading Miller for Nazr it wouldn't make a [censored] lick of sense to think Hunter better than Nazr. Thus, in the following depth chart Hunter is a BU to Nazr (if not a BU to the BU of Nazr...i.e. a BU to Leon backing up Nazr).

Does Nazr(Steven "Ewing at 41 is getting all the minutes" Hunter)/SAR(TK)/Miller(Ira)/DJ(Hughes-DG)/JT(DD) look better than Theo(Leon)/SAR(TK)/Miller(Ira)/DJ(Hughes-DG)/JT(DD)?

"The best team" isn't the one with Nazr starting over the All-star. Check your "agenda" at the forum marked "Homecourt" because the word "team" is unfortunately for you a part of this forum.

W