• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question about Gonzaga...

TheDude

Before the Dickau days when Gonzaga first started being the annual cinderella, they has two other guys(not Calvary) who were pretty nasty. I want to say one's last name was Santangelo or something like that and i forgot the other's name. was it like violet or something?

Anybody know?

Living on the west coast I tend to know what is going on in the aspect of basketball-NCAA or NBA. In March of 2001, Dan Dickau was a junior at Gonzaga(his first year with the Zags after transfering from Wash.Univ.) and he and Casey Calvary a PF led the Zags to the sweet 16, before getting beat by the eventual champ Michigan State Spartans. That's when I first started to follow #21 of the Zags. In 2002, after Calvary had left, Dickau was by himself and he led the Zags to a great record(26-4) and a #8 ranking in the nation! But in the first game the Zags front court of Gourde, Violette(NBA?) and Touriaff(future NBA player) had the jitters and they lost to Wyoming by like 5 points in the first round. I was crushed. Before the 2 year Dickau era, Matt Santangelo was the PG, and he was a good PG-nice passer, attacked the hole, a leader-and in 2000(I believe-this is from the top of my head) they went to the elite 8. And of course the all time NBA leader in dimes and rips is John Stockton who also attended Gonzaga.

thanks... richie frahm and santangelo were the people i was thinking of... violette played later..

whatever happened to santaangelo or frahm.. selling cars or still playing ball..

also anybody know if that blizzard kid is playing in any summer leagues.. he's from the tallahasse florida area where i went to fsu at so and they didn't recruit him at the time.. he blew up at wkentucky(ithink)...