• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

wow, AJC.com poll with 1500 responses says...

flava

acie law (899 votes) should get the start over bibby (719 votes). suprising. we didn't get here with law, we got here with bibby and his game will turn around.

the comments about boston didn't help, but i think bibby might have said them intentionally. i think was trying to absorb attention away from the team because he's a vet and knows he can handle it the spotlight but that this young team needed a little time away from all of the playoff intensity. we are a very young team...

flava

that is but isn't shocking. having lived here in ATL for most of my life, it just reflects how fickle and irrational a lot of the ATL sports fans are. It also shows why we will probably never be able to handle a true star here because time they struggle, the city bashes them and hardly ever praises their successes.

And before anyone gets all defensive, I'm not sayin Bibby is a star and that we should be happy with his playoff performance but to bench him when we probably wouldn't have got in without him makes no sense.

Every city is just as reactionary. Listen to Boston sports radio. The BoSox could be up by 10 games with 9 to go in season and they still bellyache about stuff.

Every city wants the guy that came in for the starter and played well to be the starter. This myth that Atlanta has bad sports fans is just dull.

The truth of the the matter is that when a city has bad teams the fans don't support the team. That goes for NY, Boston, Philly, or any of the other "great American sports cities"- The exception, of course are the Cubs fans, but that is a strange social phenomena.

The other part of the equation is that Atlanta is an immigrant city. People move here from the NE, mostly, and their loyalties are with the teams they grew up with. There is evidence that the Braves are cultivating a fan-base much like the Yankees and BoSox now with the winning ways during that run in the 90s and early 2ks. The Hawks and Falcons now need to start winning and people will come out in droves.

Law should start for a lot of reasons

1. Bibby did not just draw attention on him self but the whole team looked stupid because of his words. This team already had the world on their shoulders because everyone is saying they do not belong in the Playoff. Then Bibby comes out with his statements…. He is the leader. The Vet on this team and to come out and not back his words up on the floor put EVEN MORE weight on his team's shoulder to try to pull off a win.

2. Bibby is not as fast as Law. He doesn’t play the defense that LAW plays. On the offense end LAW did not miss a shot, he moves without the ball, and Rondo nor Sam can stop this kid when he wants to get to the basket. That plays a very big part. Once the team starts to worry about LAW driving to the basket, he can kick the ball out to the open guy… which should be Marvin, Chill or JJ. I wish Marvin was J-Rich because he has more range.

3. LAST! In Bibby’s last 9 games he has been VERY BAD shooting 35 out of 111 shots.

• Premium Member

Bibby didn't get Atlanta to the playoffs.. JJ did.

The reason why fans want Law to start is because Law is the future at PG... or so we said that at the beginning of the season. Aside from the turnovers, Law played Boston much better than Bibby did.

The problem is Bibby's lack of a conscious. It's good when he's hitting, but when he's missing, he looks like a ball hog who doesn't care about the team. Even Bibby admitted after game 1 that he didn't do enough to get others involved. Well, as PG, that's your main Job. Law understands this and even though he turns the ball over, he's better for the team play than Bibs. Watching this series, it's evident that no one player is going to beat the Celts...(Listen up Lebron!!!) it's going to take a team effort and everybody has to be perfect.

If Bibby can't do that, then the fans definitely want to see Law try. Plus... it will be good for Law to taste and experience this level.

If we come out of theese playoff losing all 4 games and Acie gains confidence then I feel it is a successful series. I didn't really expect us to compete. Heck, vegas even pulled the odds on this series since the Celtics were such a prohibitive favorite.

Let's see how the Hawks play at home. Seems all the playoff teams are performing much better at home.

Also I would like somebody to clean Sam Cassell's clock. Garnett is such a class player and Cassell showing his ass really puts a damper on how good this team is.

Hawk88

• Moderators

Quote:

the comments about boston didn't help, but i think bibby might have said them intentionally. i think was trying to absorb attention away from the team because he's a vet and knows he can handle it the spotlight but that this young team needed a little time away from all of the playoff intensity. we are a very young team...

flava

That doesn't make sense to me. Those comments are only going to fire up the Celtics crowd against both Atlanta generally and Bibby in particular. It is always stupid to go after a team's fans - especially given the home crowds in Atlanta.