Game 6 Thread

TheNorthCydeRises

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe. We had to do a lot of that without Josh or Marvin in the fourth quarter.

I'm surprised by the guys who stepped up this game. Al, of course, had a good game, even though he only got 5 rebounds. 16/5/4 assists/3 blocks. Nice game. But Marvin Williams I didn't expect, especially after his last two games. 18/4/2 assists, with some nice defense. And he was one of the few Hawks who hit all his free throws.

JJ wasn't great tonight, but he was clutch. Marvin was super clutch.

We didn't end up seeing Acie Law in the second half. I really groaned and yelled at Mike Bibby a lot of times. He didn't really have that poor a game, but if he can't hit open threes, he's not really giving us a great advantage. And he went 5-8 on free throws on a night we really couldn't afford any missteps.

One other thing. Zaza has taken a lot of heat this year, and I've been as guilty as anyone when it comes to him. But he stepped up tonight, played some tremendous defense on KG, got some hustle rebounds, got a couple of steals, and he got himself to the line. Proud to see him have a good game. I know that he and Woody have had their troubles, but letting Zaza get his minutes on a good night was a good sign. Last two home games, Zaza has had a huge impact. He got into KG's face and showed we won't back down. But tonight he actually showed it with his game.

Now I'm actually looking forward to another season of Zaza.

LOL @ me before that inbounds pass to Bibby. I was telling everyone around me . . . "throw it to anybody but Bibby .. . ANYBODY BUT BIBBY!!"

I knew he was going to miss one.

Great defense at the end, pretty much denying everybody the ball and forcing Rondo to make a play.

HELL FUKKKKIN YEAH !!!! WHAT A GAME!!!

There is no way Boston can beat the Pistons in a series. That team straight panicked tonight.

BOY THIS CITY IS GONNA BE CRUNK TONIGHT !!!!

Quote:

Bostons game plan was to smother JJ and make the other guys beat them. It was the right move. But the other guys came through. I don't even know what to say.

bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

nana.gifnana.gifnana.gifnana.gifnana.gifnana.gif

leb.gifleb.gifleb.gifleb.gifleb.gif

ufo.gifufo.gifufo.gifufo.gifufo.gif

Exactly right. They shut down JJ again, but guys for the most part came through. JJ does need to react a hell of a lot faster to those Double Teams. Once Bibby starts knocking down those open shots [and 3s], then Boston would have been in a world of trouble. If Bibby cant knock them down next game, with us in Boston, we will get killed. We squeaked out a great win tonight..but mind you, we squeaked it out.

Quote:

LOL @ me before that inbounds pass to Bibby. I was telling everyone around me . . . "throw it to anybody but Bibby .. . ANYBODY BUT BIBBY!!"

I knew he was going to miss one.

Great defense at the end, pretty much denying everybody the ball and forcing Rondo to make a play.

HELL FUKKKKIN YEAH !!!! WHAT A GAME!!!

There is no way Boston can beat the Pistons in a series. That team straight panicked tonight.

BOY THIS CITY IS GONNA BE CRUNK TONIGHT !!!!

I was watching with my dad. They threw it in to Bibby. My dad doesn't follow the Hawks as much as I do so I casually say to him, "Well, I wouldn't have thrown it in to him..."

lol. I actually thought Horford would be the guy on the sideline to make the inbounds pass. That way you could have JJ, Marvin, and Chillz (your best three FT shooters) all trying to get open. But, well, all's well that ends well.