• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 6 Thread

TheNorthCydeRises

Quote:

JJ with only two points and we are only down 1. I like our chances.

We ran a bit middle-end of the 2nd QTR...I hope we can get it going again - we can wear these flockers out and take it down to the wire. First 8 minutes of the 3rd QTR will be key - they will come out like gangbusters.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

JJ with only two points and we are only down 1. I like our chances.

We ran a bit middle-end of the 2nd QTR...I hope we can get it going again - we can wear these flockers out and take it down to the wire. First 8 minutes of the 3rd QTR will be key - they will come out like gangbusters.

The question is whether we can play well with all of the starters for both teams in the game. We were getting killed in the first quarter, but then Horford and Perkins barely played in the second quarter.

Zaza has played well, he needs to be rewarded a bit by getting some playing time in the third quarter. I'm just afraid that Woodson's hatred of Zaza will keep him out until the fourth quarter.

Well, backing up, that was a horrible pass by Zaza. He threw a soft pass directly at KG. No way that Al could have gotten to that. Don't know if there was a miscommunication there or what.

Might want to get Josh Smith back in before the end of the quarter here, but I am glad to see that Zaza got some minutes in the 3rd quarter after having a good 2nd.

Really wouldn't bother me if Acie Law got into the game coming out of this timeout.

Quote:

JJ has to play quicker. Either take the shot before the double comes, or immeadiately go into playmaker mode and find the open man. He's waiting way too long.

Marvin hasn't got a touch in a long time.

It is frustrating as hell that Joe, again, is waiting way too long to react or pass out of the double team. You right, he HAS to play quicker.

And yeah, Marv needs to get his touches. He is actually shooting well tonight.

Who will step up in the fourth quarter? Celtics might just maul JJ if he starts hitting shots.

I'm looking for Al Horford to score a lot in the fourth quarter. Maybe he'll end up stealing the spotlight for this game. If not him, Josh Smith, who got a lot of rest in the third quarter after picking up his fourth foul. But Josh Smith is just as likely to be the goat by forcing jump shots that he can't hit.

Nice job Chill. Always seem to be around the basket when shots go up for us.

J Smoove is going to come back into the game after sitting out the entire 3rd with 4 fouls. I would put him on a short leash though, we have 11 total turnover--Smoove has more than half of them...with 6. I guess Pachulia, who has played well overall, will come out. If he continues to play well, you gotta put him back in if Smoove acts up.

Quote:

C'mon Bibby, actually consider yoru shot before you throw it up. He's killing us on this three poitn attempts.

Bad shot selection. He should know better than that...Especially when the game is as close as it is. One possession could be the difference in the game.

Never thought I would see this. Zaza Pachulia is a team high +11 tonight. Might as well keep him involved. I know that if he'd hit a couple more free throws, that we'd be up right now instead of tied, but he's still played pretty well for goign .500 on his free throws.

Also, would love it if Woody would let me see a little bit of Acie Law in the fourth quarter.

Got to get Josh Smith back in the game at some point, even if it's just for defense. I still would like to see the Zaza, Horford, Smith, JJ, Bibby/Law floor tandem. Might actually give us a size advantage. Three different big guys who are pretty good around the basket and all pretty good passers.

Quote:

Quote:

C'mon Bibby, actually consider yoru shot before you throw it up. He's killing us on this three poitn attempts.

Bad shot selection. He should know better than that...Especially when the game is as close as it is. One possession could be the difference in the game.

It's not his overall shots, he's hitting the mid range shot and he's been getting to the hole. It's just that all of this three point attempts have been short except for one that was long. If it's not falling, I'd rather he not be so quick to take them. But he's been very weilling to put up quick shots off any pass, regardless of how the defense is playing him.