• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just Got Home From The Madhouse......

JackB1

Wow......Phillips was such a madhouse tonite! And after the game, the crowds spilling out onto the street were chanting and partying like it's 2999.

Well, I saw it and I still can't believe it. I don't know how we won that game tonite. Did we do it with smoke and mirrors? That last 3 that Joe made had to have been the most clutch and difficult 3 pointer I have ever seen in a playoff. Tonite is was a total TEAM effort. It feels good to win without Joe carrying us the whole game. Best game in a while from Marvin and Zaza played a key role tonite also. Al was his usual solid self and Bibby and Chillz gave us an important 17 and 15. It was like the crowd "willed" the team to win. Thats the only way I can describe it.

Forcing the might might Boston Celtics to a game seven! Holy Sh*t!!!!!

Sun morning these guys might just say "What the Heck....We might as well

try and win this thing" smile.gif

Thank you for that post game description! For someone who couldn't be there, I love it and feel like I'm part of it. Never thought we would be able to get this kind of fan support with all the troubles we've seen. Wish I could have been there!!!

yea that is just nuts. I never thought I would see so many people in philips arena!!! after soooo many games of looking up in the stands and just seeing a few people here and there. That is good news in the free agency stand point also. Think of all the money that came into the arena for these past three games. I'm thinking millions

I enjoyed the game. My ears are still ringing from the noise and I'm trying to recover from the adult beverages consumed before the game at Stats.

Here's to Game 7, ladies and gents (yep, I'm a little banged up right now)......

• Admin

yep, hell of a game. Best I've ever attended and I've done the playoffs in this city before. We've never had a meaningful game with that atmosphere. It was awesome. I didn't hear a boston fan all night and that's how every home game should be.

Wow, thanks for that, great to hear about what it was like to be there. Damn I wish I was.

Did you see this happen...from cnnsi.com....

Quote:

Let's end with a little levity, shall we? During a timeout in the third quarter, the Hawks game crew put the "Kiss Cam," a popular gimmick in many NBA arenas where the camera zooms in on a couple and holds there until they kiss, on the JumboTron. At one point, the camera spotted a young girl (couldn't have been older than 9) sitting between two boys the same age. One of the boys was wearing a Celtics jersey, the other a Hawks one. The girl looked back and forth at both boys before dumping her drink on the one with the Celtics jersey on and planting a kiss on the cheek of the one supporting the hometown team. Hilarious.

Quote:

Wow, thanks for that, great to hear about what it was like to be there. Damn I wish I was.

Did you see this happen...from cnnsi.com....

Quote:

Let's end with a little levity, shall we? During a timeout in the third quarter, the Hawks game crew put the "Kiss Cam," a popular gimmick in many NBA arenas where the camera zooms in on a couple and holds there until they kiss, on the JumboTron. At one point, the camera spotted a young girl (couldn't have been older than 9) sitting between two boys the same age. One of the boys was wearing a Celtics jersey, the other a Hawks one. The girl looked back and forth at both boys before dumping her drink on the one with the Celtics jersey on and planting a kiss on the cheek of the one supporting the hometown team. Hilarious.

I saw it from the jumbotron, hilarious (though assuredly staged, like the deal they do when they have 2 women kiss, but someone stands up in front of the camera at the last second to block it from the crowd).

Awesome game live, even better than game 4 which I thought couldn't be topped. I am so hoarse from screaming that I couldn't even type words when I came to the board last night (after watching the game again on TiVo).

Tomorrow afternoon, early in the 3rd quarter, I predict KGs head will expose due to a combination of Hawks energy and pressure, excess personal rage channeled inwardly, and an esophagus clogged with his own cajones accidentally sucked through his abdomen.

DrZ, is there a procedure to correct such an affliction?

I was at the game last night, with my wife and son. I have to say that was the most exciting NBA game I’ve ever experience. To my people in section 120, “We made history last night Baby”. I told the news reporter prior to the game, "Hawks in 7".

After tha game Zaza got on the microphone and was yelling his affection to the crowd in his loud, heavy-russian accented voice. What I understood was "We Love You"!! And "We will miss you in Boston" And "We appricate the support". It reminded me of Rocky after he won when he did he yelled "Adreian!!!!!" smile.gif

great moment and I was happy for Zaza. Everyone says he's the nicest guy and to have your job taken away by a hotshot rookie upstart and to handle it the way he has.....he deserved this night.

There is no denying the Philips CROWD played a HUGE PART in this and the other home wins.

All the players acknowledged this in their post game interviews and so did the announcers.

That's why next year we have to get a higher seed and huge this to our advantage. Phillips will become a place where teams won't want to play us in a big game!