• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson wants Woody back

GameTime

Quote:

if he wants Woody back since the Hawks "fans" want Woody to be gone and they obviously know more about it than Joe does.

Joe is a class act and said the right thing today. What matters is what he says behind closed doors.

Quote:

Quote:

if he wants Woody back since the Hawks "fans" want Woody to be gone and they obviously know more about it than Joe does.

Joe is a class act and said the right thing today. What matters is what he says behind closed doors.

If Joe felt differently he would have pushed to the owners and said nothing. Joe not the one to say one thing and feel the opposite.

It may have been a backhanded slap at JSmith than anything. His statement about guys playing wildly on the offensive end, speaks loudly.

I just read the whole quote and that is one bizarre quote. At the time Woody's career record was 13-69 and to say that he and his staff were "one of the main attractions for me coming here" is just a weird quote. Sounds like he means it I guess. I guess his resentment earlier in the season really was with BK and not Woody.

I'll chalk this one up to him being too close to the situation to see the big picture.

I think Woody is a good guy and I wish him well, but I will still be horribly, horribly disappointed if he stays.

• Moderators

Quote:

I think Woody is a good guy and I wish him well, but I will still be horribly, horribly disappointed if he stays.

Me too. I don't entirely blame Joe Johnson for supporting him either. After all, nearly any coach who doesn't sell out his players has the support of some of his key players at the end of their tenure. Woodson has run our offense exclusively around JJ (not literally exclusively but close to it). It isn't a surprise that JJ supports the guy, IMO.

Quote:

Quote:

Me too. I don't entirely blame Joe Johnson for supporting him either. After all, nearly any coach who doesn't sell out his players has the support of some of his key players at the end of their tenure. Woodson has run our offense exclusively around JJ (not literally exclusively but close to it). It isn't a surprise that JJ supports the guy, IMO. [/quote]

exactly.. i really believe joe wants to him stay because of that.

Quote:

That was his only coaching experience. He has none proving he can develop a young team.

What kind of crack are some of you guys smoking? He has proven he was a winner, a thinking man's player and a coach on the floor. He has proven he can win 50+ games in the western conference. Not exactly easy. Oh, I forgot that Dallas had the most talented team ever. That is just stupid. Avery only wins on talent but Mike Woodson has proven he can develop talent????????? That is just so stupid. We won 37 games. That sucks. Hard. Most years we would have never even made the playoffs. Those three games mean very little to me in the big picture. Those four blowout losses are the team that we are with his "leadership". Get real. He's the worst coach I've seen in my life... and I'm not exactly a young man anymore.

Quote:

Yes it would be so stupid to get rid of this under achieving coach who has managed to brainwash some of you to be satisfied with his terrible coaching skills... what continuity do we exactly have? lol that was the dumbest thing i have read so far...

now sure i would love to keep joe happy, but be real.. why wouldn't joe want woody to stay? he lets joe do whatever he wants. joe is not a trouble maker who will pout one way or the other.

Ditto.

Woody is not a good coach, he's just average. What makes you think he's a terrible coach?

Most players, regardless of the spot, are loyal to a coach. It's not unusual at all for JJ to want Woody back.

As for Woody vs Avery, you'd have to think that Avery is the better coach. But this team will never be as good as people hope, until we get consistent PG play and someone who can consistently score in the low post. We need those 2 things, regardless of whose coaching this team.

The only way the team currently constructed can win, is if we do what Woody always told them to do, and that is play defense and rebound the ball first, then get out and run. For all of Woody's shortcomings, he has been right about what we needed to do to win.

If he is retained, he'll be on a very short leash anyway.