• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2 Live stews....

Diesel

Quote:

Have called Marvin Williams the "Most unathletic brother in Sports"...

2livestews.com, they are voting.

2 Live Stews rarely have anything factual to say. Just a bunch of opinion that is often times misinformed. I just loved how they tried to play the color card and inflame half the city with the Martt Ryan pick all of last week. (SARCASM)

Talk radio in the ATL, for their time slot, is just about inflaming the listner to respond. Kincaide is the same way on the other station.

Last week it was the Matt Ryan selection.

This week they will both (Stews and Kincaide) be dissing the Hawks who just shocked the city with a 7 game series vs. the best team in the NBA......

Only in Atlanta where misinformed sports fans dominates talk radio.......Other cities would be supporting the Hawks Suprise Playoff Run and the city's new QB. However, all we seem to get from Kincaid and the Stews is some immature hatin'.

That is why I am so looking foward to the Bill Shanks show where some one who thinks like an adult and will interview a person close to the team, Steve Hollman. Shanks is no homer. He calls them like he sees them but he actually keeps it reel at the same time. I wish professional guys like him could make it in Atlanta.

All I can say is thank goodness for this board and Realgm. At least we can talk to real fans of the Hawks. MSG Boards in general is about the last place for real fans of any teams to talk. Talk Radio has been taken over by fairweather/bandwagon fans and big mouths who pretend to be an expert on anything sports related.

• Moderators

As an aside, I heard 790 making fun of someone who mentioned David Anderson again saying something like the guy must not "get out of his basement." These idiots are not only ignorant about this team but they are proud of their ignorance. It is just unacceptable for the team's flagship station, IMO.

People should be upset with Marvin. He doesn't even appear to a be future allstar, mustless a possible HOF player one day like DW and CP. His stats look decent, but the impression he leaves on the court doesn't satisfy people. It shouldn't be a shock because HE DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE NBA before he was drafted. That should have been something alone that BK should have considered.

Does that sound like a player with passion?

Quote:

Quote:

2 Live Stews rarely have anything factual to say. Just a bunch of opinion that is often times misinformed. I just loved how they tried to play the color card and inflame half the city with the Martt Ryan pick all of last week. (SARCASM)

Talk radio in the ATL, for their time slot, is just about inflaming the listner to respond. Kincaide is the same way on the other station.

This week they will both (Stews and Kincaide) be dissing the Hawks who just shocked the city with a 7 game series vs. the best team in the NBA......

Only in Atlanta where misinformed sports fans dominates talk radio.......Other cities would be supporting the Hawks Suprise Playoff Run and the city's new QB. However, all we seem to get from Kincaid and the Stews is some immature hatin'.

That is why I am so looking foward to the Bill Shanks show where some one who thinks like an adult and will interview a person close to the team, Steve Hollman. Shanks is no homer. He calls them like he sees them but he actually keeps it reel at the same time. I wish professional guys like him could make it in Atlanta.

YOU HAVE MOS DEF NOT LISTEN to the 2 Live Stews. They are the biggest Hawks/BK/Woody supporters. They piss me off sometimes refusing to say anything bad about Hawks.

Ryan is the one person I remember saying pick CP3 over Marvin. He calls Marvin 'Duck Booty.' He even said it to Marvin on the phone one day. lol RYAN did not like Sheldon. He called him 'slumlord.' Other then that there is nothing but love for the Hawks from the Stews.

For the record I was for picking Deron Williams over CP3. The Marvin pick did not get me up set.... BUT NOW... I admit I was wrong about Marvin.

Back to the Stews... I must admit They are REAL HOMERS when it comes to saying anything bad about the Hawks. They really love BK and Woody... Sometimes make me sick with it. lol

Quote:

People should be upset with Marvin. He doesn't even appear to a be future allstar, mustless a possible HOF player one day like DW and CP. His stats look decent, but the impression he leaves on the court doesn't satisfy people. It shouldn't be a shock because HE DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE NBA before he was drafted. That should have been something alone that BK should have considered.

Does that sound like a player with passion?

I think Marvin gave a credible effort for a guy I didn't even expect to play yesterday, given his sprained knee 36 hours earlier. Why is he given no credit for that?

Marvin's performance was at least as good as any other Hawk not named Joe Johnson yesterday.

ALL the Hawks played like Zombies yesterday.

Based on the season as a whole,

MARVIN SUCKED!!!

He has to toally change his game which currently includes making free throws and wide open jumpers.

As marginal as the stats are, Marvin only puts up his numbers when the game is NOT on the line.

The guy is a real tease, with little passion. His only chance in this organization is if he hits it off with Al and some passion wears off on him.

I think Marvin will be shipped this year for somebody.

Marvin is such a clod that his athleticism is a joke. Anyone else notice him tripping on HIS FACE trying to make a crossover dribble on the break in the playoffs. EMBARESSING...

I hope like hell I am wrong about him.

Hawk88

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

YOU HAVE MOS DEF NOT LISTEN to the 2 Live Stews. They are the biggest Hawks/BK/Woody supporters. They piss me off sometimes refusing to say anything bad about Hawks.

Ryan is the one person I remember saying pick CP3 over Marvin. He calls Marvin 'Duck Booty.' He even said it to Marvin on the phone one day. lol RYAN did not like Sheldon. He called him 'slumlord.' Other then that there is nothing but love for the Hawks from the Stews.

For the record I was for picking Deron Williams over CP3. The Marvin pick did not get me up set.... BUT NOW... I admit I was wrong about Marvin.

Back to the Stews... I must admit They are REAL HOMERS when it comes to saying anything bad about the Hawks. They really love BK and Woody... Sometimes make me sick with it. lol

I wouldn't say that. They poked fun at BK's interview skills mocking his mannerisms. Quite funny, they also said he looks like a motorcycle cop.

Quote:

ALL the Hawks played like Zombies yesterday.

Based on the season as a whole,

MARVIN SUCKED!!!

He has to toally change his game which currently includes making free throws and wide open jumpers.

As marginal as the stats are, Marvin only puts up his numbers when the game is NOT on the line.

The guy is a real tease, with little passion. His only chance in this organization is if he hits it off with Al and some passion wears off on him.

I think Marvin will be shipped this year for somebody.

Marvin is such a clod that his athleticism is a joke. Anyone else notice him tripping on HIS FACE trying to make a crossover dribble on the break in the playoffs. EMBARESSING...

I hope like hell I am wrong about him.

Hawk88

Let me be clear. Marvin is not where I'd want him to be in his third year. Currently, his move to the basket leaves a lot to be desired, and I agree that it is clumsy and I generally am surprised that he draws so many fouls on it since most times the shots in the lane seem unlikely to score even if they went uncontested. That's the bad part.

I like to see the whole picture, however. We shouldn't overlook the ability to consistently knock down the open jumper, which Marvin does. Aside from Joe, no other Hawk delivers this, not even Bibby. Marvin also plays good position defense, and I think his ability to defend Pierce on one extreme and Garnett on the other (BEFORE he hurt his knee, Marvin did a fair job of this on switches) gives the Hawks a luxury few teams have (Chills also has this ability, though his defense is on positions 1 - 3 rather than 2 - 4). Are you forgetting his block on Garnett at the end of Game 6? Marvin also deserves credit for his rebounding in the series, which was decent and at times key.

He's got a ways to go, and while I think the odds go down every day, he still has a chance of being an exceptional player. Even if that doesn't happen, he's on a path to average 17 points, 6 boards and 3 to 4 assists over the next 7 years while playing good defense. That's pretty decent as a third option on a team. While we all hoped for a 1st option from the #2 pick, those numbers are nothing to sneeze at, and I doubt we could get that from anyone we'd obtain in a trade for Marvin, at this point. At the same time, 22 points and 9 boards are not out of the question for him over the same period, so the only way I'd give up on him is if economics (i.e., the need to resign higher, more certain value players like JJ, Horf and Smooth) requires it or if someone else gives us a steal. Otherwise, he's a valuable piece of the mix, just not as valuable as his draft position would have suggested. That said, his upside is at least as high as Bogut's who went even higher.

Quote:

Diesel, is that you with the dime, if so man man you better put in some work on that, no delays.

The radio guys, mostly speaking, are not paid to be factual. For sure Kincaid doesn't have anything to say unless he's ripping someone a new a$$hole. He doesn't have anything to say if it's not an attack. Everyone should just turn him off.

The Two Stews do little but argue with one another. The are hypocrites who make a living off all the mistakes sports make and they are just another mistake.