• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you're ASG... DO you make JJ happy?

Diesel

I vote no because I only know what Joe said publicly. We will never know what goes on behind closed doors.

Also, Joe isn't the type of personality that will sulk and pout if he doesn't get his way. If the Hawks make a coaching change, Joe will be on board with it and will be the same Joe Johnson.

The Hawks have a golden opportunity to bring Mike Fratello back, and that's what they should do.

It's Joe Johnson's job to shut up and play ball.

He's already done that once in his career trying to get out of PHX.

The Hawks should do what they think is best for the team moving forward, not what Joe thinks they should do.

The Atlanta Hawks must hire someone they feel is a competent personnell guy and in turn trust that individual to make the correct decisions.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I vote no because I only know what Joe said publicly. We will never know what goes on behind closed doors.

Also, Joe isn't the type of personality that will sulk and pout if he doesn't get his way. If the Hawks make a coaching change, Joe will be on board with it and will be the same Joe Johnson.

The Hawks have a golden opportunity to bring Mike Fratello back, and that's what they should do.

It's an interesting dynamic.

I have to take myself out of fan mode (being that I want a new coach).. and try to put myself in ASG's shoes.

Here's how I think they see it.

1st. It doesn't matter if it's publicly stated or privately stated.

JJ is not the team leader kind of guy. I don't remember JJ ever standing up and suggesting what he wants. IN fact, when we were trying to get JJ, he told the Suns that if they decided to match, he would come back and play and won't make a fuss.

So to get to the point where JJ publickly says that he wants Woody means a lot.

2nd. You have to examine why JJ said it.

I believe that there are two things. I think JJ is comfortable with his role on our team and with Woody's coaching. The funny thing is that I can understand a little. IN one of my lifetimes, I worked for a guy who was a nitwit. Everybody knew more than him. He made life at work difficult. BUT after having a micromanager as boss, I preferred to just keep him because with him, I could do my job and get what I want because he was so incompetent.

Maybe JJ feels the same way. Maybe he feels that he and Bibby can make up their own offense and that the vets can really run the team because Woody is so incompetent on the offensive end.

3rd. JJ is only here for the next 2 year.

This is a bit of a problem both ways. IN bringing in a new coach, JJ doesn't have the window to start over (if that's what a new coach will want to do). However, 2nd, JJ may not be here after these next 2. I can't see us extending him. That being the case, why should we keep JJ's choice for possibly 3 or more years when JJ won't be here 3 or more years.

Like I said, it's an interesting dynamic.

• Moderators

Players are always going to say they want the coach back. Especially when the coach makes you the center piece of the franchise and runs all the plays for you. JO was ready to quit when Isiah was fired from the Pacers until they reminded him who signs his check. I'm sure JJ will be fine with anyone they bring in.