• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's ten overrated people in Sports...

Diesel

Quote:

1. Lebron James.

2. Steve Nash/A-Rod

3. Sergio Garcia.

4. McNabb

5. Chris Bosh

6. Brian Urlacher

7. Tony Romo

8. Vince Young

9. Eli Manning

10. David Beckham

LeBron is slightly overrated right now. I think he'll live up to the hype eventually.

Chris Bosh is not overrated. He has carried Toronto to the playoffs these past couple of years. It's not like he gets a lot of hype like LeBron, but he carries his team in a way only a few players can.

Tony Romo and Urlacher are not overrated.

Eli Manning just won a ring. He performed exceptionally well in the Super Bowl, therefore I disagree with that one too.

Steve Nash is overrated.

McNabb is just washed up now, not really overrated.

Vince Young isn't really overrated, because he isn't hyped up. He'll be good, though.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LeBron is slightly overrated right now. I think he'll live up to the hype eventually.

Chris Bosh is not overrated. He has carried Toronto to the playoffs these past couple of years. It's not like he gets a lot of hype like LeBron, but he carries his team in a way only a few players can.

Tony Romo and Urlacher are not overrated.

Eli Manning just won a ring. He performed exceptionally well in the Super Bowl, therefore I disagree with that one too.

Steve Nash is overrated.

McNabb is just washed up now, not really overrated.

Vince Young isn't really overrated, because he isn't hyped up. He'll be good, though.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You sound just like all the Jordan haters who used to say that Jordan was a ball hog and all he could do was dunk when they were comparing him to Magic and Larry. Truth is LeBron is GREAT and he is going to get a LOT better. Kobe is the only player in the NBA who is better than him right now and he is not even close to reaching his prime.

Saying that KG is better than LeBron is a joke. The Celtics have 2 HOFers playing alongside KG and the best support that LeBron has is an aging Ilgauskas. Despite all that, LeBron damn near led the Cavs to a win over the Celtics in game 7 in Boston. KG is a great player in his own right but he has NEVER put a team on his back and had success like LeBron has.

LeBron may very well be OVERHYPED (as this is the age of hype) but he is still the 2nd best player in the NBA today.

Lebron got the whole League trying to help him and make him. The problem... Let's get Technical shall we...

He has no midrange shot.

You take away the ref's whistle and he's nothing.

Lebron had 771 FT attempts this past year.

Just for reference:

KG = 385.

JS = 469

CP3 = 390

Kobe 742

Lebron is agressive but he doesn't have anything else with that aggressiveness. Kobe can kill from the midrange and from range. Lebron is a 31% shooter from range. It's almost Smoove like.

Second is his defense. He is allowed to foul without a call being made. If not, people run right past him.

The only impressive thing about Lebron is the fact that he can be athletic and aggressive. But that doesn't put him in the same breath as Jordan.

As far as KG vs. Lebron.

If I had all the players in the NBA lined up... And I were building a team, KG goes on my team before Lebron.

The dude averaged 30, 7 and 7 for the season and he shot 48% from the field. He led the league in scoring. I don't care how he scored the most points, he did it while shooting a very good percentage.

I wish Smoove would recognize that his strength is his athleticism and that going strong to the basket would result in him being more efficient and scoring more points.

LeBron is NOT as good as Jordan was when Jordan was in his prime BUT LeBron is in the conversation with regard to being as good as Jordan was when Jordan was 23. I think people say (or think) that LeBron or Kobe could be the next Jordan but I don't think there are many people out there who say that either of those guys are as good as Jordan was in his prime. If they do say that, they are wrong.

As for LeBron or KG, give me LeBron all day. LeBron has had more playoff success by age 23 than KG has had in his entire career.

Quote:

As for LeBron or KG, give me LeBron all day. LeBron has had more playoff success by age 23 than KG has had in his entire career.

I would take LeBron, too. He's a better player than KG.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

I honestly think Chris Paul is the best player in the game in terms of overall impact. Kobe is the best scorer, but I'll take Paul pretty easily.

They both make everyone around them significantly better.

Quote:

Vince Young should be higher. Have you seen his TD/INT? Horrible. Granted, the Titans might have one of the worst overall offenses in the league, but still, he is supposed to be a professional.

You're right, the Titans have one of the worse offenses in the league. They just don't have any talent on the offensive side.