• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou: hotest FA

DrReality

Quote:

Honestly,

I hope no one spikes that Marvin Koolaid you're drinking... You'd be a goner!

What a noob. I have said plenty of times that i would happily trade Marvin as well. He certainly hasn't impressed me. but i would easily take him over Childress.

I think Chill does belong in the top 5. He's not as good as Iguodala, but he's more likely to get action from other teams. Everyone knows Iggy is going nowhere. Smith will go nowhere even though he might get an offer or two.

Chill on the other hand is the kind of guy where we can't afford to match ANY offer. So if a team wants to go nuts or overvalues him, they can make an excessive offer. In that sense, he will be one of the more sought after guys. Same with Ellis.

Quote:

how is JR. Smith dumb?? he shoots well and plays hard..he is better than Marvin and Chillz. Swift on the other hand, never played to his potential but i just think he can maybe flourish as a Hawk. Both fit our style of play too

We have no style of play under Woody.

As with everything in life, it comes down to what can we get for what we have. Would the Hawks be better off moving Childress for a better PG than Bibby? If yes, then you make the move. Could Childress bring another big that can play defense and rebound? That is something that must be considered.

Again, I am not for trading Childress just to clear cap, I am for the Hawks getting better and I am for any trade that makes the team better no matter who the principles are. I root for the logo not the player.

Quote:

Quote:

Honestly,

I hope no one spikes that Marvin Koolaid you're drinking... You'd be a goner!

What a noob. I have said plenty of times that i would happily trade Marvin as well. He certainly hasn't impressed me. but i would easily take him over Childress.

Honestly I look at both of them as underachievers. Neither has had the impact a top 10 pick should have on a franchise. There are big named players drafted after them that have surpassed them on the court. I put Marvin ahead of chillz in my dissapointment because I look at players on team having roles. Chillz has found his role on the team while Marvin is still lost on the floor. Is he aggressive or good enough to be the 2nd option? Can he defend the great players at the 3 position night in night out? Will he extend his range to the three point line?

Yes chillz has his flaws but the guy has perfected coming off the bench and making an impact that you may not see in your stats you love so much.

Quote:

Honestly I look at both of them as underachievers. Neither has had the impact a top 10 pick should have on a franchise. There are big named players drafted after them that have surpassed them on the court.

I agree

Quote:

Chillz has found his role on the team

Chillz role is to ignore defense to try to pick up easy buckets. He consistently leaks out on defense before we have the rebound so he can cherry pick. he always crashes the offensive boards which looks good when he finally gets one but most of the time he doesn't. He is consistently the last guy to get back on defense.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If the team needs more rebounding and better outside shooting then that speaks to Marvin more than chillz in my opinion.

Your opinion is wrong. Marvin scores 6.5 ppg on jumpers, Childress 1.5. Marvin gets 4.2 defensive rebounds per game, Childress 2.6.

The numbers are very clear.

If he was so good at shooting the outside shot(as you always bring up) then why do we need it? If he can rebound so good then why are you bringing it up? If Marvin is good at these things then why do we need to get better at them? Because he can only shoot mid range jumpers and his rebounding isn't as good as you think it is. If you look at the games then you can clearly see he is not a difference maker. He is a player who plays off others. Waiting on JJ to drive and kick or get doubled so he can shoot his mid range jumper. You need more than that from your starting SF.

Stats don't always tell the whole story but they are always used when it comes to Marvin. Tell me the game he affected so much? Which game did he do something other that shoot mid range jumpers to help the team win? How is he a dynamic player? Is he a clutch player at the end of games?

I support the guy because he is on the team but he is not a good enough all around player to start.

We don't win Game 6 without Marvin.

And in almost all of his games he does something other then shoot mid-range jumpers...he drives to the hole praying to draw a foul every game.

Quote:

how is JR. Smith dumb?? he shoots well and plays hard..he is better than Marvin and Chillz. Swift on the other hand, never played to his potential but i just think he can maybe flourish as a Hawk. Both fit our style of play too

LOL I was just referring to his earlier years, damn I didn't realize he was as good as he was this past year. I guess I do agree with you, he improved his percentages bigtime.