• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

this teams needs bench..thats it

PureGreatness

our starting 5 is good enough in my opinion. no need to change i dont think guys on our team give a damn.

i think we need bench players. a backup SG, a backup PF and a back up C.

thats all i have to say because im in school.

So can we please shut the hell up about all this garbage and focus on the bench

Quote:

our starting 5 is good enough in my opinion. no need to change i dont think guys on our team give a damn.

Good enough to do what??

We're not gonna win a championship with that starting 5.

JJ gives damn.He was upset that we didn't make any real moves last summer, and said we need some vets leaders on the team.

Right now is the time to make the moves,to become a championship contender.

A few tweaks to the bench would only get us to 500.

We should attack the East while it's stilll weak.

Boston: :: They are old , and can't win a road playoff game.

Detroit :::How much longer can they compete at a high level?

Cleveland::: We need to attack the Cavs before Lebron James gets a legit sidekick.

The east wont stay weak forever ... an under 500. team may not make the playoffs next year.

also...

... JJ 's contract will be up soon.He may want out if we don't start making some real upgrades to the team.

Quote:

Quote:

Good enough to do what??

We're not gonna win a championship with that starting 5.

JJ gives damn.He was upset that we didn't make any real moves last summer, and said we need some vets leaders on the team.

Right now is the time to make the moves,to become a championship contender.

A few tweaks to the bench would only get us to 500.

We should attack the East while it's stilll weak.

Boston: :: They are old , and can't win a road playoff game.

Detroit :::How much longer can they compete at a high level?

Cleveland::: We need to attack the Cavs before Lebron James gets a legit sidekick.

The east wont stay weak forever ... an under 500. team may not make the playoffs next year.

also...

... JJ 's contract will be up soon.He may want out if we don't start making some real upgrades to the team.

whats wrong with our starting 5. ooooo my bad a couple guys MAY be playing out of position. pardon me(being sarcastic)

our coach sucks(not sarcastic)

Quote:

i think we need bench players. a backup SG, a backup PF and a back up C.

thats all i have to say because im in school.

So can we please shut the hell up about all this garbage and focus on the bench

What ?

The starting 5 is good enough and there is no need to change.....yet they don't give a damn ?

What kind of sense does that make ? Maybe you should pay more attention in school. It will help you be able to communicate.

I guess we should not expect anything more from a guy who calls himself "hoodstar." LOL.

Quote:

trade for JJ redick, sign David Anderson, sign a veteran big man and veteran wing and we'll be set.

Why trade for JJ Reddick when we can sign Lee Humphries for nothing ? They are the same kind of player.

I hope the DA signing is legit and that at 27, he has a fairly easy transition to the NBA.

While I dont agree they are the same players I agree 100 % about signing humphrey. Its just crazy to me the best shooter in college basketball his senior year, and a guy who was just a big to the back to back championships as green, horford, brewer, and noah were, doesnt make an nba squad. JJ Redick has much better range, shoots the mid range better, runs better of picks, and has a little more size but if somehow we had JJ and Humphrey(2 of my favorite players the past few years in college basketball) Id probably [censored] myself lol.

• Moderators

I have seen a lot of guys who were great college shooters end up not making the NBA or being real nothings in the league. It doesn't surprise me that Humphrey isn't on a roster.

• Moderators

Quote:

ps: who the hell is derek anderson

He was a SG for Kentucky. He and Ron Mercer led the 1997 team to the final game of the NCAA tournament that season. Anderson, however, was injured and didn't play in the tourney - which allowed Arizona to stop a run of what would have been 3 consecutive UK titles by winning in overtime against the Anderson-less Cats. Anderson was a late lottery pick by the Cleveland Cavs.

According to Wages of Wins the "just add a bench" theory is supported by their statistics (click link for entire article):

Quote:

The analysis so far has focused on the entire team. If we look at the players who played at least 1,000 minutes for Atlanta this year, we wouldn’t expect to see a below average team. From Table One we see this team fields the following starting line-up (WP48 listed after each name):

PG: Mike Bibby (0.107)

SG: Joe Johnson (0.100)

SF: Marvin Williams (0.043)

PF: Josh Smith (0.111)

C: Al Horford (0.170)

The average WP48 of this group -despite the play of Williams — is 0.106 (which is slightly above the average mark of 0.100). Josh Childress - the top player off the bench - has a WP48 of 0.206. So with Childress, we see six players with a 0.123 average WP48. Such a mark is consistent with a 50 win team.

So why are the Hawks below average? It turns out that every other player employed by Atlanta this season had an average WP48 of -0.009 (excluding Anthony Johnson you get a mark of -0.042). In sum, the Hawks were held back by a very weak bench. Obviously if Atlanta could fix that problem, this team could actually become a serious contender in the Eastern Conference. Or to repeat the argument stated earlier, the Hawks simply need to add a few more productive players to get better. Hoping for better chemistry, better coaching, and/or more effort is probably not going to get it done.

Quote:

According to
Wages of Wins
the "just add a bench" theory is supported by their statistics (click link for entire article):

Quote:

What does the "just add to the bench theory" say about JJ getting double teamed??

Nothing, Just adding to the bench wont solve that problem.

Quote:

Quote:

According to
Wages of Wins
the "just add a bench" theory is supported by their statistics (click link for entire article):

Quote:

What does the "just add to the bench theory" say about JJ getting double teamed??

Nothing, Just adding to the bench wont solve that problem.

You wanna stop double teams on JJ, then stop running the entire damn offense through him. He's not in the tier of talent with guys like Lebron, Kobe, and Chris Paul where he can play 1 on 5 and win most of the time.

We need to start running (at least on occasion) the offense through Josh Smith in the post. Throw the ball in, let him work it around. Mr. Defensive player of the year, KG, even struggled to guard J-Smoove in the post on occasion. We run the offense down low, let him work it around-he's got ways of creating offense down low, when he's not a threat to take a deep jumper-and he has a good chance of either scoring, getting to the line, or passing out to an open man. Horford also does a good job or working into a good post position, identifying mismatches, seeing the floor, and making good decisions about whether to shoot it or pass it.

Heck, if Bibby just hits some open shots on occasion, it will open up Joe for more looks. Bibby struggled very mightily in late April and in the playoffs, so it allowed teams to get back to collapsing on Joe. But the offense is so backwards that we force the ball into a guy who gets double teamed anyway, he drives into traffic, and passes the ball out a career 30% jumpshooter who is, for some reason, entirely wide open on the perimeter.

Youve got to be kidding, rather than run it through smoove i want to run it through al, he is more of a post player and makes better decisions. And if jj is reduced to just being a shooter whats the point of having him over guys like bibby. JJ at his best needs his isos just like anyother wing star. I propose divide the offense into 3 pieces. Smoove al and joe get their own and bibby/acie and marvin can have the rest, but they dont need it because smoove al and joe arent going to shoot it everytime they get the rock. So they are bound to each get around 10-15 shots each night.

This is what gets me with NBA coaches. They believe you have to run the offense through one man. Outside of Detroit, no team truly plays a team oriented offense where the goal is to find the open man.

Mike, if retained, needs to dip into his Bobby Knight days and install a motion offense, IMO. Let the motion and ball movement create scoring opportunities and quit trying to run so much isolation crap.

Do the Hawk's have one man you can run an offense through? Based on what I have seen this teams basketball IQ is low and KB is right way to many one on one plays. Basketball is a team game good teams will let your high scorer get 50 and everyone else is shut down. The idea is to win games which comes from team play. Looking at a few players on the team.

1.Smoove - low basketball IQ why run the offense through him

2. Marvin - can't dribble and chew gum at the same time

3. Bibby - to inconsistent

4.Horford - still learning the game good player

5.JJ - good player but needs the ball to much looking to score. How do you run the offense through JJ when he is looking to score?

Overall this team needs a coach to change the mindset of the team if it can be done. I don't think it can way to many selfish players that think they can take over a game.If you can't adapt then the Hawk's need to get rid of you.

No matter how big a superstar you have that star knows to win championships others must be involved. JJ isn't on par with the elite players and the Hawk's don't have anyone close to being a consistent go to player or running your team through. I stand by my earlier posts I would welcome a big deal to get better team play.

Joe may not be on par with LeBron or Kobe, but he's in that tier that is right below them. He's a better player than either Paul Pierce or Ray Allen. He's also one of the better passing shooting guards in the league. I think the reason he has to look for his shot is because he doesn't trust the guys around him to hit the shot when he hits them with the pass.