• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade for Frye?

DrReality

1st of all Jack doesn't help our team! Secondly, why are you looking to trade Marvin?

Dude, your pretty dense, you want me to be a broken record or something ? I am not looking to trade Marvin this second but if the team under performs it is common senses to look at trades LATER in the season. Since Bibby, Marvin, and ZaZa have expiring contracts there will be teams lining up for them with trade offers.

1. I am not sold on Marvin and Smith being the long term answer at the foward positions since Horford may excel as a PF and David Anderson could be th real deal. Especially after seeing the Lakers get killed underneath due to lack of size. Both Smith and Marvin are about to be locked into long term deals so a decision has to be made.

2. If we are struggling or under performing at the all star break looking to deal Marvin may make sense if we don't think he is a long term answer here before he is a FA.

3. Jack does help us. Bibby is also in a contract year and will be 31 his first season under a new contract. His $15 million expiring contract could be very valuable in obtaining an allstar quality player from team looking for salary cap room and having Jack (who can play PG and SG) would make Bibby expendable in a deal while giving us a quality player to give JJ more rest.

4. The Hawks problem right now is lack of post scoring, poor perimeter defense at the PG position, and depth. This helps strengthen those areas of weakness.

5. Every player with an expiring contract will be rumored in trade scenerios for teams looking to cut cost. If a GM does not even look at the offers then he is not doing his job.

Again, if the Hawks are performing well at the allstar break then I would do NO trades but I AM NOT SO CLOSED MINDED THAT I WOULD SINK OR SWIM WITH THIS GROUP WITHOUT LOOKING AT TRADE OPTIONS IF THEY UNDER PERFORM.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

What about Frye + #13 for Marvin?

Although, I talk about the worth of Marvin, Frye hasn't done anything. He's a guy I would like to develop but right now, he shows as being soft and really, I think Solo develops easier.

That stated, #13 gives us a shot at Spheights or Jordan or Alexander...

Yeah lets bring more rookies in! Smart move to get younger! Northcyde's point is proven with each and every post!

Well first off PB...

Let me ask...

Are you disappointed with Al Horford?

I mean you must be very disappointed with Horf because he's young. We have to waste so much time developing him and all?

2nd...

Do you think anybody is just going to hand us a Big?

We've been trying it for 5 years now. BK felt that getting Sfs was the way to go and he neglected Bigs and PGs in hopes that somebody would just hand us one.

The truth is that good bigs are drafted. If we wait til they become FAs to try to get one, we never will.

Do you think PTL will give up Oden or Aldridge in FAcy?

Look what happened to D Howard in FAcy!! How about Bynum??

The last big name big that moved in FAcy was Boozer and that's because he was originally drafted as a 2nd rounder.

Point is that if you're going to go after Good Bigs, you need to do it in the draft.

Otherwise, we can pick up guys like Olowakhandi and Diop and Foyle in FAcy and even if we get them, we're over paying for them.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Well first off PB...

Let me ask...

Are you disappointed with Al Horford?

No but I'm pretty sure Milwaukee is not that pleased with Yi!

Quote:

I mean you must be very disappointed with Horf because he's young. We have to waste so much time developing him and all?

Yeah, most rookies play like horford in their 1st year! Yeah right!

Quote:

2nd...

Do you think anybody is just going to hand us a Big?

We've been trying it for 5 years now. BK felt that getting Sfs was the way to go and he neglected Bigs and PGs in hopes that somebody would just hand us one.

The truth is that good bigs are drafted. If we wait til they become FAs to try to get one, we never will.

Lets see, Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace, Mcdyce, shaq, Morning, Mutumbo, Chandler, Curry, Mehmet Okur, Kevin Garnett, Gasol, Eric Dampier, Jermaine O'Neal, Al Jefferson, Brad Miller, Darko, Brenden Heywood and Joel Przybilla all have one thing in common. You know what that is?

They weren't drafted by the team that they are currently playing for!