• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade for Frye?

DrReality

Quote:

Frye and Jack for Marvin works better and seems more probable.

I really like that one. Long term Law and Jack would be a nice duo at PG and each has the size to slip over and play SG for a 2 PG line up. What I like most about Jack and Law is their solid man defense. They can prevent dribble drive penetration much better then Bibby. Not to mention Frye can score some in the post and is pretty long. Maybe practicing vs. Horford every day would toughen him up a bit.

It would really open up another move with Bibby for a team looking for an expiring contract at the trade deadline.

Bibby for Richard Jefferson possibly:

Jack or Law

JJ / Law / Jack

Jefferson / Chillz

Smith / Frye

Horford / Frye / ZaZa

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I really like that one. Long term Law and Jack would be a nice duo at PG and each has the size to slip over and play SG for a 2 PG line up. What I like most about Jack and Law is their solid man defense. They can prevent dribble drive penetration much better then Bibby. Not to mention Frye can score some in the post and is pretty long. Maybe practicing vs. Horford every day would toughen him up a bit.

It would really open up another move with Bibby for a team looking for an expiring contract at the trade deadline.

Bibby for Richard Jefferson possibly:

Jack or Law

JJ / Law / Jack

Jefferson / Chillz

Smith / Frye

Horford / Frye / ZaZa

Channing Frye

G MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT STL BLK TO PF AST PTS

Season 78 17.2 221-452 .489 3-9 .333 85-109 .780 1.4 3.2 4.5 .37 .35 .71 2.67 0.7 6.8

Jarret Jack

Season 82 27.2 267-620 .431 65-190 .342 215-248 .867 0.4 2.5 2.9 .74 .01 2.17 1.57 3.8 9.9

What stands out with these 2 players is they don't due what their position calls for them to do!

Channing Frye is a power forward that doesn't score, rebound or block shots

6.8ppg/4.5rpg/.71bpg

Jarret Jack is a point guard that doesn't distribute or shoot well

3.8apg/43% from the field/34% from 3 point land

Don't understand the fascination with these 2 players!

Channing Frye

Season 78 17.2 221-452 .489 3-9 .333 85-109 .780 1.4 3.2 4.5 .37 .35 .71 2.67 0.7 6.8

Jarret Jack

Season 82 27.2 267-620 .431 65-190 .342 215-248 .867 0.4 2.5 2.9 .74 .01 2.17 1.57 3.8 9.9

What stands out with these 2 players is they don't due what their position calls for them to do!

Channing Frye is a power forward that doesn't score, rebound or block shots

6.8ppg/4.5rpg/.71bpg

Jarret Jack is a point guard that doesn't distribute or shoot well

3.8apg/43% from the field/34% from 3 point land

Don't understand the fascination with these 2 players!

True statements on Jack, granted he did play alot of minutes at SG too. I like his versitility and is shooting % really are not that bad for a guard.

Frye is no stud but he is a adequate and young post player which is harder to come by then an adequate and young wing. Frye only played 17 mpg. His rpg and ppg are not that bad considering his limited minutes. If he played starter minutes his pro rata stats may take a small hit but he should average at least 12 ppg / 8.5 rpg, 1.2 bpg PF/C with 34 mpg. Much better then ZaZa at least.

We would essentially be trading one role player for 2. Granted Marvin still has potential as a scorer but I can't see him reaching that potential on this current roster.

Quote:

Quote:

Frye only played 17 mpg.

And why do you think that this is the case?

I don't know ? I saw glimpes of his post game in NY and only saw the Blazers this past season when they played the Hawks.

I am guessing a guy named Lamarcus Aldridge has alot to do with it since there "finness" games don't really compliment each other when they are on the court together.

I would consider this trade only after considering trade offers for Marvin / Bibby combo to see which improves the team the most at the trade deadline.

Heck, at the trade dead line the current roster's progress could improve beyond our expectations but at least we have some tradeable assetts if they don't.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I am guessing a guy named Lamarcus Aldridge has alot to do with it since there "finness" games don't really compliment each other when they are on the court together.

I still don't know how this helps the Hawks if Frye isn't a post up player and is more of a finesse player!

Quote:

Quote:

I still don't know how this helps the Hawks if Frye isn't a post up player and is more of a finesse player!

B/c he is 10 X better then ZaZa.

ZaZa is pretty soft 80 out of 82 games and then all the sudden he decided to pull a Rock Balboa on KG.

Frye's skill and length is far superior to ZaZa. We would still have ZaZa when we need some to play "Hack a Shaq" or to head butt KG.

I think Frye pairs with a bruiser like Horford much better then another finess post scorer like Aldridge.

It would be nice to have a guy off the bench with actual post moves. He is like a poor man's Aldridge.

Everyone has been complaining about lack of depth. Well, he adds depth in the post.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Zaza's stats

2007-08 Statistics FG 3PT FT Rebounds Misc

Season 62 15.2 107-245 .437 0-3 .000 108-153 .706 1.4 2.6 4.0 .39 .21 1.11 2.26 0.6 5.2

Frye's stats were

6.8ppg/4.5rpg/.35bpg

Zaza's stats were

5.2ppg/4.0rpg/.21bpg

And somehow frye's stats were 10 times better. Please explain!

Quote:

Quote:

Zaza's stats

2007-08 Statistics FG 3PT FT Rebounds Misc

Season 62 15.2 107-245 .437 0-3 .000 108-153 .706 1.4 2.6 4.0 .39 .21 1.11 2.26 0.6 5.2

Frye's stats were

6.8ppg/4.5rpg/.35bpg

Zaza's stats were

5.2ppg/4.0rpg/.21bpg

And somehow frye's stats were 10 times better. Please explain!

OK so I exaggerated on the 10X tip.

Effeciency is what I look at for role players playing limited minutes.

FG %

Frye = 45.2%

ZaZa = 43.7 %

FT%

Frye = 78 %

ZaZa = 70%

Turnovers per game:

Frye = .7

ZaZa = 1.4

Twice the turn overs per game in only 15 minutes is down right awful. ZaZa plays sloppy whle Frye is more efficient.

Defensive Rebounds PG:

Frye = 3.2

ZaZa = 2.6

They are dead even on offensive rebounds which people say is ZaZa's strength. The problem is that ZaZa get those rebounds by playing the tip drill off his own missed layups. Most players like Frye would have dunked the shot attempt in the fist time and not missed the lay up to begin with. ZaZa ability to finish in the paint is awful for a 6'11'' guy.

Now I love how ZaZa went Rocly Balaboa on KG in the playoffs but where was that in the regular season.

I'd like to have ZaZa for when we need to be rough and have Frye for when we need some actual skill. (Kind of how the Celtics use the trio of Big Baby, Powe, and Brown off the bench. They allow the match up to dictate which players is more suited to perform.) We need that kind of depth.

Frye is a solid fit, but trading him for Marvin is stupid unless we get Aldridge. Hell no to this trade.

Quote:

How about this one?

Frye- Jones- Jack+ #36 for Marvin + Acie + Atl 2nd 09

Or just:

These just seem silly. Why on earth would we trade a starter for two bench players, neither of whom project as starters, meanwhile forcing our best bench player from the relief/energy role in which he excels into the starting lineup?

• Premium Member

Quote:

FG %

Frye = 45.2%

ZaZa = 43.7 %

FT%

Frye = 78 %

ZaZa = 70%

Turnovers per game:

Frye = .7

ZaZa = 1.4

Twice the turn overs per game in only 15 minutes is down right awful. ZaZa plays sloppy whle Frye is more efficient.

Defensive Rebounds PG:

Frye = 3.2

ZaZa = 2.6

They are dead even on offensive rebounds which people say is ZaZa's strength. The problem is that ZaZa get those rebounds by playing the tip drill off his own missed layups. Most players like Frye would have dunked the shot attempt in the fist time and not missed the lay up to begin with. ZaZa ability to finish in the paint is awful for a 6'11'' guy.

Now I love how ZaZa went Rocly Balaboa on KG in the playoffs but where was that in the regular season.

I'd like to have ZaZa for when we need to be rough and have Frye for when we need some actual skill. (Kind of how the Celtics use the trio of Big Baby, Powe, and Brown off the bench. They allow the match up to dictate which players is more suited to perform.) We need that kind of depth.

So you want to trade Marvin for someone that is slightly better than Zaza?

Quote:

There is no way that we should trade Marvin for Frye and Jack let alone Marvin AND Acie. If we're going to trade Marvin we better get a star player in return not scrubs.

we would be trading nothin special for a star player.Who would trade a star for a player like Marvin? lol

• Premium Member

What about Frye + #13 for Marvin?

Although, I talk about the worth of Marvin, Frye hasn't done anything. He's a guy I would like to develop but right now, he shows as being soft and really, I think Solo develops easier.

That stated, #13 gives us a shot at Spheights or Jordan or Alexander...

• Premium Member

Quote:

What about Frye + #13 for Marvin?

Although, I talk about the worth of Marvin, Frye hasn't done anything. He's a guy I would like to develop but right now, he shows as being soft and really, I think Solo develops easier.

That stated, #13 gives us a shot at Spheights or Jordan or Alexander...

Yeah lets bring more rookies in! Smart move to get younger! Northcyde's point is proven with each and every post!

Quote:

Quote:

FG %

Frye = 45.2%

ZaZa = 43.7 %

FT%

Frye = 78 %

ZaZa = 70%

Turnovers per game:

Frye = .7

ZaZa = 1.4

Defensive Rebounds PG:

Frye = 3.2

ZaZa = 2.6

Hell NO ! I never said that. Frye would only be half the deal. The other half would be Jack.

We get two good role players for Marvin (another role player). It would add much needed depth and open a trade of Bibby to a team looking to cut cost.

Now no way I do this trade right now but if it is on the table at the trade deadline then I compare 3 or 4 different sets of deals to see what I like best:

1. What can we get for Marvin alone

2. What can we get for Bibby alone

3. What can we get for Bibby / Marvin combo

4. Bibby / Marvin / ZaZa combo (all expiring contracts) or any combination of those 3

You look at all the proposals from other teams and then make a decision if it appears the Hawks need a change around the trade deadline or allstar break.

Like I said earlier, if we are doing better then expected at the trade deadline no trades may be necessary but atleast we have some desirable and moveable pieces for some different trade scenerios to look at.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Hell NO ! I never said that. Frye would only be half the deal. The other half would be Jack.

We get two good role players for Marvin (another role player). It would add much needed depth and open a trade of Bibby to a team looking to cut cost.

Now no way I do this trade right now but if it is on the table at the trade deadline then I compare 3 or 4 different sets of deals to see what I like best:

1. What can we get for Marvin alone

2. What can we get for Bibby alone

3. What can we get for Bibby / Marvin combo

4. Bibby / Marvin / ZaZa combo (all expiring contracts) or any combination of those 3

You look at all the proposals from other teams and then make a decision if it appears the Hawks need a change around the trade deadline or allstar break.

Like I said earlier, if we are doing better then expected at the trade deadline no trades may be necessary but atleast we have some desirable and moveable pieces for some different trade scenerios to look at.

1st of all Jack doesn't help our team! Secondly, why are you looking to trade Marvin?