• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

The Big Dog Speaks...

Diesel

• Premium Member

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/s...2503-glenn1.prm

In reply to:

"I immediately got excited [after hearing about the trade] because I get a chance to win again. The last few years, I've been out of the playoffs. I just want to get back to being in the playoffs and playing on National TV and going after winning it all."

That was a very cool snipe at the fact that we don't get many national games.

In reply to:

t is a position that Robinson feels comfortable fulfilling.

"This is Allen Iverson's team," Robinson said. "Allen is going to be the No. 1 option. I think there are going to be plenty of shots for me and plenty of shots for everyone else. I feel that I can take a little bit of pressure off of Allen."

I'm jumping on the wagon early. As long as Philly has a good PG and everyone stays Healthy, I believe that they will win and be very competitive in the East. I think Dog will have a good year too and disprove some of his critics.

Sometimes i see them as this team

1)the team with Allen Iverson- the man who has one of the biggest hearts in the NBA. Take away his past + tatoos and hes Michael Vick of the NBA.... just incredible talent. Hates to lose and gives it all he has every night. Works sooo [censored] hard.

And then i see this team

2)The team that relys on AI too much. They just pass the ball a million times and look to be BAILED OUT. AI's shooting percentage is somewhat bad cuz of this- whenever the shotclock goes down, his teammates want him to bail them out. I remember when AI went to the bench one game, there was almost no offensive flow (this was b4 coleman got hot).

------------------------------------------------------

I really dont know how well this team can play. So far Iverson hasnt proved to others that hes capable of playin with another very GOOD PLAYER. didnt deke have his complaints about him? There was that jerry stackhouse thing as well. Theres also Larry Hughes who got instant fame (kinda reminds me of GILBERT ARENAS?... the instant fame, i mean).

Its going to be exciting though. Iverson creating and Dog giving him that 2nd scorer... theres definitely gonna be enuf touches for both of them since the rest tend to shy away from shooting (other than McKie and Snow on some given days)....

it should be interesting...

Couple of things:

1)IF he really believes he's fighting for a title he's

in for a rude awakening.

2)He's going onto a team that already makes the

playoffs.That wasn't the case here.It's easier to

fit into a playoff team than it is to go to a bad

team like us and win.All he has to do there is

fit in and I'm sure he will.

I don;t think he's going to prove me wrong.Why?

Because it's obvious to everyone(including yourself)

his flaws and that isn't going to change no matter

where he is.

My problems with him have been more of defense.On

offense he does what he has always done.....But I thought

he could be an average defender and not [censored] poor.

Actually, he's going to a team that may not be such a lock for the playoffs now that Larry Brown is gone. Look at the roster. Outside of AI, they have nothing. They are weak inside, a poor perimeter shooting team, and they lack depth. Now, they have a possible chemistry problem with AI and GR, because neither player has ever been able to coexist with another scorer. To top it off, they replaced the best coach in the NBA, Larry Brown, with a coach who was a flat out failure at Ohio State, Randy Ayers, even though he had Jimmy Jackson for the big part of his coaching tenure there.

I think they will make the playoffs on the sheer will of AI, but they will be no higher than the 6th seed.

My rankings of the Eastern Conference at this time:

01. New Jersey Nets

02. Detroit Pistons

03. Indiana Pacers

04. Orlando Magic

05. Boston Celtics

06. Philadelphia 76ers

07. New Orleans Hornets

08. Chicago Bulls

• Premium Member

The sad reality about your statement is that it misses the truth. The truth is that Philly is locked for the Playoffs depending on who they get in FA.

If they get DC, I think they'll be a lock for the playoffs.

Of the teams that you listed...

1. I don't see New Orleans coming close to the playoffs. Floyd is an awful coach.

2. Boston might have some problems getting to the playoffs. The East has gotten much stronger.

3. It's hard to call Orlando. I think they have evident talent in Howard, McGrady, Gooden... But a lot depends on who will be PG?

The only team that will make real improvement in

the east is Detroit and possible Chicago.

New Orleans/Indy/Boston/NJ/ have not improved.Before

you bring up Zo you must remember his kidney and is

he really even a double figure scorer anymore?

Philly will have a small improvement...but they still lack

depth.The Bucks have downgraded.The Raptors haven't

upgraded...NY has downgraded unless Dice comes back.

Cleveland added LaBron James...but he's only a rookie

and he will not even win ROY.

Miami isn't that good.

We have downgraded as of right now til we sign some

decent players.

• Premium Member

The Summer is not over yet.

I expect moves from Miami and Toronto before it's all over. I also wouldn't get so low on Cleveland.

Cleveland now has the right coach and they have the right player to build around. They may be 2 players away from the playoffs.

Who is Miami going to sign or trade?I'm going by what

I see right now anyways.If Toronto doesn't have a

healthy Carter it's forgetaboutit.

Cleveland is just about a season or two away from the

playoffs.

• Premium Member

It's very hard to gauge Cleveland. I mean, who knows how good James is right now? However, we do know that:

Kevin Ollie/Davis/James/Boozer/Big Z

is one of the configurations that Silas has to work with. When you really look at it, that's not so bad. Silas has a lot of blue collar guys that he can surround james with like Ollie, Ira, Boozer, etc. I think that Silas is a good enough coach to get these guys to win a lot of games now. AND if James develops quickly, they will beat a lot of teams... like the young bulls in MJ's first year.

Miami and Toronto are also hard to gaurge because of trades...

I never said their lineup was bad...It's just young

and will they play defense....Kevin Ollie is not a

legit starter so I don't see them making it this

year.