03-04 Schedule Announced...

DJ_Money

http://www.nba.com/hawks/news/Hawks_Announ...l-81371-33.html

And, once again, the first few weeks are a doozy.

We open where we finished last year, with New Orleans. Then Chicago, then open at home with Indy, then we get NO at home.

Then we head West for GS, Portland, Seattle, LAC, and Phoenix.

Honestly, we could be 0-10 until we get Washington at home on Nov. 17.

Scary thought...more as I come up with them.

Personally, I'm not all that scared of New Orleans, Golden State, or Indiana. I think Indiana has really taken a step back with the loss of Brad Miller. Pollard is definitely a downgrade and the loss of Mercer just hurts their depth. Tinsley/Miller/Artest/O'neal/Pollard doesn't bother me much. I think Chicago could be very good depending on the development on their youngins'. Crawford/Rose/Pippen/Tyson/Curry with Hinrich/Marshall/Robinson off the bench isn't too bad. Golden State just lost Gilbert Arenas for nothing and they have a team of tweeners similar to us. Sura/JRich/Jamison/Murphy/Foyle? Wow. Scary. No reason we can't go up against Seattle either, Allen/Lewis is about it over there.

As for national TV games: Two, but both on NBATV. Which is only in about 5 mil. homes...

With us not even knowing who is going to be on this team, I can't see us winning much early. If we lose JT, we're looking at new starters at 3 positions, and at least 1 rookie in the lineup. As bad as we were on the road last year, I can't see that team winning anything on the road early.

We are definitely going through a rebuilding stage, especially if we lose JT. Hopefully we decide to let JT go to Utah, we can work something out get Matt Harpring back. Better than nothing. JT/Maggette/Kirileinko would look great running the floor. So that would take care of one of the starting positions.

• Premium Member

You have to able to sell the Jazz on Something.

Right now they have two guys who are SFs with NO PF possibilities.

If they save money on the purchase of JT... I mean, that's 4.5 million saved on JT, they still have a gang of Cash...

• Premium Member

Hawkman, you are indeed a dreamer.

If we go out with: JT/Glover(Jackson or DJ)/DIaw/SAR/Theo we will finish dead LAST in the Central and probably last in the EC. And Possibly last in the whole NBA.

Last.

Let's be real here. Diaw has done nothing and hasn't faced this level of competition. ON top of that, he was a mediocre player in Europe.

Let's be real here. This lineup offers NO shooters. Diaw's offense is Nonexistent. Dion can score but can't shoot. Theo doesn't score more than ten a game.

Let's be real here. Rebounding wise, we get murdered. Theo is not a great rebounder. Diaw weighs 200 pounds right? That's less than DJ.

Let's take off the rose colored glasses and really look at the state of our team. WE are in bad shape. I want an account from all you who believe in addition by subtract at the end of the season. I want KB to head up your committee. I want to hear you all try to put a Babcock like Spin on this whole situation. I can bet you guys will talk up the draft.

Why wait... Let's start now...

I hope we get either Howard or Okafur or Jin. We will need a Big Man that's ready to play by 2006!!!

ON top of that, he was a mediocre player in Europe. "

He was MVP, champion, and slam dunk champ of his league. I'm not saying we're going to the finals, but give my boy a chance. He's the type of player whose box scores only tell half of the story. Also when you look at his stats in France keep in mind that the shorter length of the games and type of game lead to 60 or 70 point games.

If we pick up a decent SG and a real coach, I still think we can make the playoffs. I also think we apotentially could be at the bottom of the entire conference. It's hard to predict.

I do think we'll win at least as many games as last year, and I have faith that we'll make some decent signings / moves once McDavid moves in.

JT and Reef are scorers, and there's now a man in Diaw to better set them up. I think we'll be a good defensive team and if we can add one decent scorer (JJackson? Odom? maybe even Stephen Jackson?) we could be ok. Hendu, Nazr, DD and Hansen are decent backups. I think we could easily have a better year than the last if JT stays.

The bottom line is that if we want to compete this season at all we need some good signings in the coming weeks

Our schedule always starts off rough and gets easier in April. I can't wait to see the reason for our "2nd half resurgence" this year. First it Lenny being forced to play the young guys and the absence of Rider. Then it was JT moving to the point full time and the play of Kukoc. Then, it was the absence of Dog. What will it be this year? Hopefully, it will be the improved play of our young guys such as Diaw and Hansen (and hopefully DJ and Glover). In reality though, it will most likely be because the schedule is more friendly!

Sigh.

Once again, how is the schedule more friendly when you are beating teams such as the Nets (who were fighting for home court advantage), the Bucks, the Magic, the Wizards, and the 76ers (all of whom were fighting for positioning or just to get into the playoffs)?

This team didn't pad their win-loss record at the end of the season by playing Cleveland, Denver, and Toronto every night. They beat playoff teams during that span.

Plus, that little spurt at the end of the 2001-2002 season could have meant something had the Hawks not added the human chemistry destroyer in Glenn Robinson.