Jazz have NOT offered JT a contract

• Premium Member

I was a little surprised by the (supposed) Jazz offer, so it does sound like a desperate agent trying to draw attention to his client. They have Raul Lopez coming in at a much cheaper price and they're basically gonna tank it this year anyway, so why overpay $ on a player/position they don't need.

If they need to meet the minimum, they can simply sign some vet(s) to bloated one-year contracts. What they really need is a PF and a SG, not JT. Stephen Jackson would be a better match for them (or Denver). Give him a $6-$7M contract for one year to prove himself.

Miami has Wade, Jones, and Butler, so they too don't need JT b/c they need frontcourt help. The Clippers are already at or near the minimum, not that they were a problem to start with.

Denver is very likely getting Andre Miller, so they don't need a PG (or an undersized SG).

*** Besides the Jazz, who else is even in the market for a player like JT? ***

If I were the Hawks, I would go ahead and offer JT his 12.5% raises, but over six years, not seven. Not having to offer that seventh year could be a real bargain down the road. Starting him at around $6M for this upcoming season - meaning six years, $47.25M.

$6M, $6.75M, $7.5M, $8.25M, $9M, $9.75M. That would be a bargain IMO.

If the Jazz really want JT they'll have to overpay for him. Why???? I have no idea. I even forgot about Raul Lopez,maybe they did to. They still have Mark Jackson to be a solid starter or backup. They should be spending that money on Frontcourt help.

~Peace

that CENTER/PF dude that used to play for the MAGIC... His fame was at its highest while he played for the MAGIC. He had the opportunity to play next to shaq and receive MORE MONEY... instead he declined it and took like $1 million or the vet min to UTAH...

i forgot his name and i dont feel like lookin it up.

JOHN AMACHIE?